PDA

View Full Version : BRCA Mid South Regionals - 2012

Darren Boyle
18-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Just to keep everyone updated, we held the BRCA regioansl meeting tonight to decide all the dates and venues for the 2012 Mid South calendar. These are all subject to confirmation and will be announced officially on here on Monday somtime.

But for now there are 5 clubs set to host the events, these are;

DMS Model Car Club - Watford
HNMCC - Ware
SHRCCC - Surrey and Hants
Stotfold Model Car Club
T.O.R.C.H - Hampshire

The events are pencield in for 5 rounds of 2wd and 5 rounds of 4wd with your best 3 rounds to count, each club will host one round of each

More on Monday when we can confirm.........

gainsy
18-01-2012, 11:29 PM
No silverstone or eden park :(

Darren Boyle
18-01-2012, 11:31 PM

Silverstone are unable to run on any other dates than those unvailable to us, Matt O or John S can fill you in more on this as they see fit to..

EPR is not in our region, it is in the South East as opposed to Mid South

Dudders
18-01-2012, 11:33 PM

You'll have to come and see me :woot:

gainsy
18-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah sorry Darren, just realised eden park aren't in our area
Shame about silverstone but im sure all the other clubs will host excellent rounds :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
18-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Twice :woot::woot::woot: :D

gainsy
18-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Will do :D
Well done at area 51 btw, the truck was going well

Dudders
18-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Twice :woot::woot::woot: :D

Mr Boyle aka Alan B'stard!:D

Darren Boyle
18-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Mr Boyle aka Alan B'stard!:D

Harsh, it was Matt as well if not more than me......

Dudders
18-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Harsh, it was Matt as well if not more than me......

Lol :thumbsup:

Skye
19-01-2012, 09:06 AM
I have mixed feelings on this line up to be honest. There are some fantastic tracks in that list, but the geographical locations makes me wonder whether it is actually 'my' region. I live in north Northants, so always assumed I would race in the region that included Silverstone, therefore the mid south. With that line up though I am now not so sure. Surrey is 2+ hours from me, Hampshire probably 3+.

RudeTony
19-01-2012, 10:06 AM
There may be many people from various clubs thinking distance may be on the high side but my view is a simple one.

I would rather travel distance and be part of one of the strongest regions in the UK with great tracks rather than round the corner and sort of feel I want more.

All the clubs in our region have excellent personnel and I am sure this is a way forward to making the Mid-South the one to compete in.

Good luck to all the clubs - see you there

simoncrabb
19-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Looks an awesome line-up, bring it on!

learnerdriver
19-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I have mixed feelings on this line up to be honest. There are some fantastic tracks in that list, but the geographical locations makes me wonder whether it is actually 'my' region. I live in north Northants, so always assumed I would race in the region that included Silverstone, therefore the mid south. With that line up though I am now not so sure. Surrey is 2+ hours from me, Hampshire probably 3+.

You could look at other regions close to you and see if their tracks are more local as another option for 2012 regionals ?

Darren Boyle
19-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Sadly when the country is divied up there are always people going to be in the extremes of the boundries. The midlands is split into two with Mid West and Mid East and for us, since the "bottom" of the UK is wider than the "middle" so to speak, the South is split into three, South West, South East and of course us in the Mid South. For that reason we take up the whole middle chunk of the south of the country and up to where the midlands starts and Northants does fall into this area.

The tracks will be good though as has been said and I am sure it will be as great a series as ever. Gutted to not see Silverstone in there myslef, their events are always top notch and last weekends Area 51 proved that too, and also that Telstar opted not to host any this year too, since that sounded really promising too from Matty. However, we have what we have and I am sure we are in for some great racing......... (all to be confirmed on Monday)

Deano577
19-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm new to this how can I enter these events?

mattybucks
19-01-2012, 10:33 PM
That's a good selection of tracks.

Yeah I decided that this year was too soon. We're currently searching for a permanent venue so hopefully next year with a couple of meetings under our belt we can put ourselves up for selection.

JCJC
19-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm new to this how can I enter these events?

Deano, take a shufty at last years thread, http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61900 details will be much the same only the venues and dates will change.

Next week we may have confirmed dates & venues, DMS have online booking, a paper form will be downloadable. All the info you need will be here, soon.

You will need to have BRCA membership, approved batteries, motors etc.

Northern Monkey
19-01-2012, 11:34 PM
That's a good selection of tracks.

Yeah I decided that this year was too soon. We're currently searching for a permanent venue so hopefully next year with a couple of meetings under our belt we can put ourselves up for selection.

At least you'll have a reason to come down to Torch now Matt :D

Al

Deano577
20-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Deano, take a shufty at last years thread, http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61900 details will be much the same only the venues and dates will change.

Next week we may have confirmed dates & venues, DMS have online booking, a paper form will be downloadable. All the info you need will be here, soon.

You will need to have BRCA membership, approved batteries, motors etc.

Thanks mate I have brca And all the correct lipid motors etc

The Chef
21-01-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm sure all the clubs will host excellent events. Just hope I can get an "F" grade that isn't "F" Off :woot::woot::woot:

Battle_axe
21-01-2012, 10:00 PM
wow sure looks like we will be doing a few miles then :( sad not to see silverstone in the mix but s&h and torch are places i have never been

Darren Boyle
25-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Regionals are now confirmed for the Mid South

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91517

Booking In is now Open too

www.dmsresults.co.uk (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/)

mikeyscott
25-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Regionals are now confirmed for the Mid South

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91517

Booking In is now Open too

www.dmsresults.co.uk (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/)

Thank you Darren :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
25-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks mate I have brca And all the correct lipid motors etc

Legal lists can be found here - http://www.brca.org/?q=content/homologation-lists-2012-updates/14218

JCJC
25-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Legal lists can be found here - http://www.brca.org/?q=content/homologation-lists-2012-updates/14218

Yes, lipos have to be approved, still waiting for 2012 list update for batteries, lipo sack/bag for charging.

jaywestwood
25-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi,

I have just booked in for regionals but there wasn't any option to pay?? Is this pay on day or am i missing something?

Darren Boyle
25-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi Jay, with all our regions club you "pay on the day" you just have to pre-book.

I did notice that your name and a few others are flagged up in either blue or red, this will just be a carry over from last year and will mean that meetings were missed without notifying the relevnat club(s) before hand in due time. Those in blue, simply need to pay for the entry to the club in advance and they will take them off the "blue" list, those in red have sadly doen this more than once, they need to pay the host club of the next event the race entry up fornt AND the last race fee from the last race they missed too!! :( Once more when done they come off the "Red" list.

Hope that makes sense....

jaywestwood
25-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi Jay, with all our regions club you "pay on the day" you just have to pre-book.

I did notice that your name and a few others are flagged up in either blue or red, this will just be a carry over from last year and will mean that meetings were missed without notifying the relevnat club(s) before hand in due time. Those in blue, simply need to pay for the entry to the club in advance and they will take them off the "blue" list, those in red have sadly doen this more than once, they need to pay the host club of the next event the race entry up fornt AND the last race fee from the last race they missed too!! :( Once more when done they come off the "Red" list.

Hope that makes sense....

Ok so at torch round 1 i need to pay for that and silverstone that i missed last year?

Darren Boyle
25-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Ok so at torch round 1 i need to pay for that and silverstone that i missed last year?

If your name is shown in blue, no, just pay up fornt for TORCH only

If your name is shown in red, yes, you pay for TORCH and Silverstone (but to be red you must have missed more than one meeting, so Silverstone and one or more other)

makinwaves
26-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Darren,

How do you know which meeting you are being asked to pay for? i.e. which club to pay th emoney to?

I know I missed the F345 finals but had prepaid. Pretty sure I attended all the other ounds I entered but still seem to be in red on the list.

Hope you can help.

Mark

Darren Boyle
26-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Mark,

You pay ther club your "next" entry is going to (ie TORCH), the full amount (£20). The extra fees stay with that club, but then anyone who misses this TORCH round, their fees get paid to the next club on the calendar and so on, so it evens itself out over time.

I only provide the system for use, sadly I am not the "entry guru", I get handed a list by each club at the nd of each meeting of those who have not shown up and implemnet the changes on the site for them.

All I can tell you is that you raced at one 2wd rd last year (Herts) and 3 4wd rounds (Stotfold, Silverstone, DMS). The last meeting you raced at on the calendar was the 3rd July at DMS, so you would have been fine then. You will have been a no show at two out of three from Silverstone (17th July), Herts (31st July) and Stotfold (7th August) that you had entered and forgot about perhaps, but other than that I have no way of checking for you since last years entires have now all been deleted....

Hope that helps,

Darren

Gonky
26-01-2012, 05:39 PM
wow sure looks like we will be doing a few miles then :(

Not wrong about that, looks like i'll be doing more miles for my regional series than i would for the national series!? :confused:

Smartalec
26-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Not wrong about that, looks like i'll be doing more miles for my regional series than i would for the national series!? :confused:

Not me, I'm doing a different region this year :thumbsup:

PaulUpton
26-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Not me, I'm doing a different region this year :thumbsup:

i just need to do enough rounds in ANY region :woot:

LewisStrong
26-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Not complaining but it is mental!!!

JCJC
27-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Not complaining but it is mental!!!

and still not including a trip to sunny Swindon or Silverstone, next year :woot:

Collegeboy
27-01-2012, 02:53 PM
As I'm new to the regionals, I have just booked to do all the 4wd rounds (Mid-South). Once I submitted my entry, I was directed to the screen where you can view the driver list. From here I selected one-by-one each round and each time my name had R1 before it, but in black not the other colours. Does this stand for Reserve, can someone shed some light on this please. :confused:

Darren Boyle
27-01-2012, 03:21 PM
As I'm new to the regionals, I have just booked to do all the 4wd rounds (Mid-South). Once I submitted my entry, I was directed to the screen where you can view the driver list. From here I selected one-by-one each round and each time my name had R1 before it, but in black not the other colours. Does this stand for Reserve, can someone shed some light on this please. :confused:

Feom a PM I sent to someone last night....

Bascially anyone "new" to the sytem has to be approved, ie be proven they are a "real" entry/"real" person and not someone mucking around or spammer etc. This is done by a human (in this case me) and I go on the site once or twice a day to update....

Hope that helps,

Darren

jaywestwood
27-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Sorry am still confused as to if I am in for regionals?? do i pay at torch for missed rounds?

DaSloth
27-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Your name is red, so as i understand it you will need to pay at torch, and you would pay £20, £10 for the round you missed and £10 for the round you are entering.

I'm sure darren will correct me if im wrong though :)

Collegeboy
27-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks Darren, that makes good sense.

JCJC
27-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Your name is red, so as i understand it you will need to pay at torch, and you would pay £20, £10 for the round you missed and £10 for the round you are entering.

I'm sure darren will correct me if im wrong though :)

Forgive me, marked as a reserve, black, red or blue, means you are in and will be able to race if you turn up and pay ? - that's what I think it means.

Unlike say, a National where being on the reserve list is no guarantee of a place, small distinction but may be confusing.

Dudders
27-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Forgive me, marked as a reserve, black, red or blue, means you are in and will be able to race if you turn up and pay ? - that's what I think it means.

Unlike say, a National where being on the reserve list is no guarantee of a place, small distinction but may be confusing.

I 'think' R means the person needs to be validated (to be human etc) Blue means they have not turned up once when pre booked (warning?) and red means money is owed before they can race and enter another race...

Darren Boyle
27-01-2012, 06:16 PM

Just to clarify (again) the people in black are "only" reserve" simply because they have just used the booking facility for the very first time, a "human" (usaully me or Keith W) has to go on and verify they are an "actual" person and not a spammer or a ficticous name entered for a joke etc (Mr Donald Duck springs to mind - LOL - dont get any ideas anyone, since if it comes from your IP address you may loose you real entry too when the IP gets banned.) Geberlaly these "newcomers" are validated twice a day or more and never stay black for long.

HOWEVER, those in RED or BLUE are those who have entered previuos meetings and not shown up or ntofied the clubs (through the correect channles at least) that they are not coming. Those in BLUE have doen it juts the once, those in RED are repeat offenders (if that is the right term). AS LONG AS the meeting does not reach any limits of being full (which is a REAL possability this year looking at how wuick they are filling up) then YES they can juts arrive, pay on the day and their statuse on the site will be restored back to normal. Although, IF on the day of the meeting they have not contacted the club and pre-paid in advance and the meeting fills up they will be a "reserve" and not get in. It has NEVER happened yet, a regionals has not been full in our area for many years, BUT it is closer tthan ever to filling up this year looking at the early numbers.

SO........ If your name is in RED or BLUE, get in contact with the club hlding the FIRST meeting you are booked in for and pay your entry (and missed £10 entry fee if in RED) ASAP, then you can get reset back to normal and be asured of your entry for ALL meetings you have booked in for (you only have to pay the missed entry fee of £10 the once, not for EVERY meeting you have entered)

If in doubt, please contact the CLUB (not me) with whom your first entry is with (TORCH is the first meeting for 2wd on April 22nd)

Thanks, Darren

Darren Boyle
27-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I 'think' R means the person needs to be validated (to be human etc) Blue means they have not turned up once when pre booked (warning?) and red means money is owed before they can race and enter another race...

Spot on as clarified in my post above.....

JCJC
27-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Spot on as clarified in my post above.....

Thanks Darren & Dudders, not quite as I understood it but clear now :thumbsup::thumbsup: full regionals......... uuummmmmmm

Dr_UpGrade
27-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Darren,
Please excuse another 'noob' question... but I've applied formy BRCA no' but not had it back yet. Can I still book in? -or do I need the real deal first? If so how do I get the BRCA to effectively pull their finger out?

Dudders
27-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Darren,
Please excuse another 'noob' question... but I've applied formy BRCA no' but not had it back yet. Can I still book in? -or do I need the real deal first? If so how do I get the BRCA to effectively pull their finger out?

Not had mine back yet, or the clubs Dr. Was going to give it another week before chasing...

I don't see a reason why you can't book in now, as long as your BRCA number is through by the race date, can't see an issue. Not sure if the booking in system allocates and checks numbers, if not, just enter xxxxx and see? Darren Boyle is your man.

EDIT: They only went off last Friday so I wouldnt chase yet.

mikeyscott
27-01-2012, 07:05 PM
If in doubt, please contact the CLUB (not me) with whom your first entry is with (TORCH is the first meeting for 2wd on April 22nd)

Thanks, Darren

To follow on from Darren's comment, DO NOT PM me please, please email info@torchracing.org.uk
I know a few people have already been in contact, so thank you.

Darren Boyle
27-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Darren,
Please excuse another 'noob' question... but I've applied formy BRCA no' but not had it back yet. Can I still book in? -or do I need the real deal first? If so how do I get the BRCA to effectively pull their finger out? If you are "renewing", then your BRCA number will be the same as last year, if you are joining for the first time, then please wait to book in until you have your official number since the system does require your BRCA number when entering.

Please do NOT enter in a false number, since if this clashes with a genuine one belonging to someone else, it can cause all sorts of grief if the "real" person tries to enter also.

learnerdriver
27-01-2012, 09:13 PM
If you are "renewing", then your BRCA number will be the same as last year, if you are joining for the first time, then please wait to book in until you have your official number since the system does require your BRCA number when entering.

Please do NOT enter in a false number, since if this clashes with a genuine one belonging to someone else, it can cause all sorts of grief if the "real" person tries to enter also.

Darren, unfortunately there are stories of people with exisiting numbers getting new cards with new numbers when renewing. In addition, new members may be given a number which has a different format eg 1102xxxx (last 5 digits are the important one) or 1102xxxxx (last 6 digits are the important ones). Just a heads up as some systems cannot accept these new format numbers - apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs :lol:

Darren Boyle
27-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Darren, unfortunately there are stories of people with exisiting numbers getting new cards with new numbers when renewing. In addition, new members may be given a number which has a different format eg 1102xxxx (last 5 digits are the important one) or 1102xxxxx (last 6 digits are the important ones). Just a heads up as some systems cannot accept these new format numbers - apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs :lol:

No worries Chris, we have preparred for that. As far as I am aware the new numbers are just the year of membership when you first joined (2011 or 2012 etc) then the 5 digit member number (well 6 now since they have prefixed them all with a 0), when you look down the list of entrnats you can see a few like that on there already. Thanks anyhow :thumbsup:

jlucas
28-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Will Saturday practise be available?

JCJC
28-01-2012, 11:03 PM
No. No Saturday practice at any of the venues is the way it works, may be some first thing on race day, but will be a full day, heats and finals.

jlucas
28-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Why is this? is that how its always been or what? I'm new to regionals but have been racing onroad for years and at all there big events tracks are open for timed practice the day before.

DaSloth
29-01-2012, 09:43 AM
certainly for mid south its been that way for time. Its fairer to all, turning up on the sunday and everyone staring with a fresh track to learn and keep the costs down to be honest.

Adam F
29-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Pretty much every large event I have been to either doesn't allow practice or changes the track layout before the main event starts.

Certainly in Off Road I think its the norm, to keep it fair for all.

jlucas
29-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys to be honest I was only looking for a good excuse to get away from the wife for the entire weekend and not just the Sunday LOL

mikeyscott
30-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Can we confirm the surface of the tracks?

TORCH - astro
Herts - astro
DMS - Carpet / ?
Stotfold - astro
SHRCC - grass?

Collegeboy
30-01-2012, 11:17 AM
For each regional, is there provisions available to arrive on the Saturday afternoon and camp overnight, track side. Or do we have to approach the host club.

chuckie stella
30-01-2012, 12:28 PM
For each regional, is there provisions available to arrive on the Saturday afternoon and camp overnight, track side. Or do we have to approach the host club.

I think you're best to contact the clubs, buddy. I think I can safely say camping won't be available at Stotfold or DMS, however I may be wrong.
Matt

DaSloth
30-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Camping will be available at Ware for both rounds. We have a shower and toilet block on site so perfect for an overnighter :)

Collegeboy
30-01-2012, 01:53 PM
I think you're best to contact the clubs, buddy. I think I can safely say camping won't be available at Stotfold or DMS, however I may be wrong.
Matt

Thanks Matt

SamRCRacing
02-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I booked in last night and I could see my name on the list, I have just had a look and I can't seem to find my name on the list?

Dudders
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Give Darren a shout, I know there was issue with bugs last night.

Darren Boyle
02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I booked in last night and I could see my name on the list, I have just had a look and I can't seem to find my name on the list?

Hi Sam, I am assuming that you are "Sam Harris" if so yourself and one other person (Kevin Brown) will both need to re-book.

The reason being, there was an issue with the site last night at around 10:15pm (just after you booked in) and it had an errro message on the database. At this point we are not sure if it was juts a glitch at the hosting server end or an issue with the site. On epossability we are looking at is the new type BRCA numbers that Chris Hampson mentioned a few pages back on this thread. It could be this, but we are not sure. It is being looked at tonight and any isseus put right, but "all on its own" the site restored to normal this morning, so we think it was at the host end at present

So please leave it until later and juts simply re-book for the same meetings, you "may" juts have to use the alst 5 digits of your BRCA number when you do "if" this is the issue.

learnerdriver
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi Sam, I am assuming that you are "Sam Harris" if so yourself and one other person (Kevin Brown) will both need to re-book.

The reason being, there was an issue with the site last night at around 10:15pm (just after you booked in) and it had an errro message on the database. At this point we are not sure if it was juts a glitch at the hosting server end or an issue with the site. On epossability we are looking at is the new type BRCA numbers that Chris Hampson mentioned a few pages back on this thread. It could be this, but we are not sure. It is being looked at tonight and any isseus put right, but "all on its own" the site restored to normal this morning, so we think it was at the host end at present

So please leave it until later and juts simply re-book for the same meetings, you "may" juts have to use the alst 5 digits of your BRCA number when you do "if" this is the issue.

just to add to the confusion, there seems to be a second version of the brca number being issued which has 6 relevant digits ie 1102xxxxx. we have had some of these at milton keynes for new 2012 members, hope this is not too much extra work for you darren and antony of course ;-) regards chris h

Darren Boyle
02-02-2012, 06:16 PM
just to add to the confusion, there seems to be a second version of the brca number being issued which has 6 relevant digits ie 1102xxxxx. we have had some of these at milton keynes for new 2012 members, hope this is not too much extra work for you darren and antony of course ;-) regards chris h

Hi Chris,

It was two members with the new 1102XXXXX numbers who entered yesterday and after our conversation on here last week it is what made me think it could be that. We have loads of people already with 2011XXXXX and 2012XXXXX numbers with no issue but no-one with the 1102XXXXX type until last night.

Strange thing is it sorted itself before we could look at it this morning, which makes us think the error was at the hosting end, but Anthony is checking it all out this evening to be sure.

SamRCRacing
02-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi Darren,

Is it alright to book now and do you want me to just put the last 5 numbers of my BRCA?

mikeyscott
03-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Shops attending TORCH so far are:

RC Lazy, DMS-Racing

Collegeboy
03-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi Darren,

Looking on the DMS booking in site for the regionals and going through the entrants list for each of the 4wd rounds, my BRCA number I gave you when booking these (obtained from the BRCA website when making my account), is different to the one I have on my membership card.

The number they said was available (but I did not have my card through) was 2012028162. This is the one I gave you. The one on my new membership card is 110271471. If need be, could you update this on the entrants lists please.

Thanks

Paul Harrod

jlucas
09-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi Darren I have the same problem my brca number last year was 10518 but I have just recieved my new card for this year and my number has been changed to 9937. Could you please update this your end.

thanks
james lucas

Darren Boyle
09-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi James and Paul, will see what I can do, you may just need to call the clubs direct to inform nearer the time of the meeting and most likely will only need to call the first club you have entered with, but in the meantime will try my best.

Darren Boyle
09-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Update....... just had a quick look at it, I cannot update your BRCA number on any entry you have "already" done, the system wont allow it, but is has let me update your numbers in the database, so if you want it to be right, simply re-enter the mneeting(s) with your "new" BRCA number (then double check your name is on the list for the relevent meeting to be sure) then click on the deletion request your recieved with your email confirmation for the old entry you did using your previuos BRCA number and we can take out the original for you. Hope that helps and makes sense.......

mikeyscott
26-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Why is this? is that how its always been or what? I'm new to regionals but have been racing onroad for years and at all there big events tracks are open for timed practice the day before.

And as I understand the tracks have to be closed 7 days before the event too etc. TORCH will be busy getting the track ready for people :)

Really looking forward to this season and hope the dry weather continues!

RudeTony
27-03-2012, 06:12 AM
National rules state that the tracks holding events will be closed for at least 7 days prior to the event. Not even a single lap is allowed by anyone. At Nationals, that would be the Friday one week prior.
BRCA Regional events normally follow Nationals rules as they are BRCA sanctioned event.

I also believe if my memory is right from years gone by, that clubs in the Mid-South would not run club meets on dates that other clubs were holding a regional as encourangement for people to go to the regionals.

Darren Boyle
27-03-2012, 12:28 PM
National rules state that the tracks holding events will be closed for at least 7 days prior to the event. Not even a single lap is allowed by anyone. At Nationals, that would be the Friday one week prior.
BRCA Regional events normally follow Nationals rules as they are BRCA sanctioned event.

I also believe if my memory is right from years gone by, that clubs in the Mid-South would not run club meets on dates that other clubs were holding a regional as encourangement for people to go to the regionals.

There is no rule AFAIK about a meeting in the week before, at "regionals", nationals yes but not regionals, but it is somthing the clubs have been discussing to ensure that venues are not full solid for the entire week prior to each regional with people practising from dawn to dusk :thumbdown:

The gentlemans agreement that has been in place for "years" to not run on another clubs regional dates has also been raised recently and is being closely watched by Keith Wardle to ensure this remains in place for the best interest of ALL clubs in the region.

RudeTony
27-03-2012, 01:42 PM
You sure that is the case Darren as some clubs dates certainly do NOT reflect that at all.
Regionals in my opinion should follow National rules and methods to get drivers in general to understand the way Nationals work.
If then drivers, youngsters and anyone new to Nationals choose to do them, they don't get the shock of their lives.
ie
can't talk on the rostrum
be on your marshalling point on time or loose your fastest time and the list goes on and on!!
LOL - There certainly would be some Rude Awakenings if some turned up at a National - no hanging around to finish your burgers etc etc LMAO

Darren Boyle
27-03-2012, 02:49 PM
You sure that is the case Darren as some clubs dates certainly do NOT reflect that at all.
Regionals in my opinion should follow National rules and methods to get drivers in general to understand the way Nationals work.
If then drivers, youngsters and anyone new to Nationals choose to do them, they don't get the shock of their lives.
ie
be on your marshalling point on time or loose your fastest time and the list goes on and on!!
LOL - There certainly would be some Rude Awakenings if some turned up at a National - no hanging around to finish your burgers etc etc LMAO

Yep pretty sure, as are all the clubs in the area too

All the other rules that you mention all still apply as you would expect....

kaszal
03-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi, can my car model be changed on a booking for a regional? I've emailed admin but no reply. Cheers.

Darren Boyle
03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Hi, can my car model be changed on a booking for a regional? I've emailed admin but no reply. Cheers.

Emails to "admin" are only for issues with or regarding to the website itself, these go straight to the person who set up and maintains the site (in his spare time).

For changes to an entry please contact the club(s) in question and they can arrnage to change this for you.

JCJC
04-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Contact details for clubs can be found on the paper entry form on the new Stotfold website : http://www.stotfoldmcc.com/files/Regional_entry_form_2012.pdf

if you don't have them already.

kaszal
04-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks

mikeyscott
04-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Just to confirm TORCH will be CLOSED on the 15th, which is 7 days before the regional event.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97735

TORCH will also be closed 7 days before for the 4WD event too.

stumpiey
04-04-2012, 12:53 PM
are the regionals control or open tyre ? as i can't seem to find any info on tyres.
cheers

learnerdriver
04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
here is a link to a similar thread from last year if that helps

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65679

Skye
04-04-2012, 05:20 PM

ie

I'm not looking to start a fight here, and I'm certainly not attacking Tony as it is just coincidence that he wrote the two posts I am quoting, but....

1, I cannot for the life of me see why clubs can't run a meeting on the day of a regional. If a driver is good enough and has the desire then they will need little encouragement to do the regional event over a club meeting. IF however they don't feel up to it, are just starting out, or simply don't want to then that is their choice. What is wrong with a dozen like minded people racing and enjoying their toy cars at whatever level they choose. The 60-80 other drivers who do want to race in the regionals can and will still do so and the minority who are happy to race at club level only don't get penalised. To stop them racing is pointless as most of them will end up sitting at home instead, it won't make them attend the regional. I know this because I have been that person and had this very conversation with those 'like minded' people I mention above when we have had a small number of people get together on a regional day.

2, I agree wholeheartedly with being prompt to marshall or get penalised, but not being able to talk on the rostrum!? WTF!! As said above, this is toy cars. :thumbdown: Also, instead of those youngsters getting the shock of their lives at a National, they will get the shock of their lives at a regional instead. It makes no difference... At least at a National you can justify it as it is the elite, but a regional is taking things too far IN MY OPINION.

Adam F
04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I doubt it would be beneficial for anyone to run a meeting on the same day as a regional in the same region, certainly not the clubs, (The organisers sometimes race too you know!) it makes it fair for everyone

With regard to not talking, is it really a big ask not to talk for five minutes? I for one find it hard to concentrate when you have loudmouths on the rostrum.

I dont spoil other peoples races by putting them off, so why should they spoil mine?

kaszal
04-04-2012, 05:43 PM
I cannot for the life of me see why clubs can't run a meeting on the day of a regional. If a driver is good enough and has the desire then they will need little encouragement to do the regional event over a club meeting. IF however they don't feel up to it, are just starting out, or simply don't want to then that is their choice. What is wrong with a dozen like minded people racing and enjoying their toy cars at whatever level they choose. The 60-80 other drivers who do want to race in the regionals can and will still do so and the minority who are happy to race at club level only don't get penalised. To stop them racing is pointless as most of them will end up sitting at home instead, it won't make them attend the regional. I know this because I have been that person and had this very conversation with those 'like minded' people I mention above when we have had a small number of people get together on a regional day.

I agree. Some clubs in this region are about 3 hours drive apart. If you're not able to travel why should you not be allowed to race at your local track? If there are enough drivers interested (and someone available to organise) then I don't see why it would hurt to have a meeting?

Skye
04-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I doubt it would be beneficial for anyone to run a meeting on the same day as a regional in the same region, certainly not the clubs, (The organisers sometimes race too you know!) it makes it fair for everyone

With regard to not talking, is it really a big ask not to talk for five minutes? I for one find it hard to concentrate when you have loudmouths on the rostrum.

I dont spoil other peoples races by putting them off, so why should they spoil mine?

That's not true I'm afraid. I have spoken to a lot of people about this over the last 12 months and many agree with me. Most choose to stay quiet for an easy life and that's their right, but I felt it needed saying. I know of several clubs (more than 3) where they have a nucleus of approximately 10 regulars who only want to race at club level and the clubs want to accommodate them. Why shouldn't they be allowed?

Regarding the rostrum issue, have guidelines. No shouting, no obscenities, no goading etc etc, but silence isn't necessary.

Darren Boyle
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
The idea is that all the clubs who "support" the region give the other clubs the "very best" chance to get the best entry possible for their meeting (rather than compete with them for entries - which would be the case if they ran on the same day). There are people in the categories mentioned above by Skye (those who WILL do regionals regardless and those who WONT regardless), but what about those sat on the fence who might/might not?, well they get encouraged to come along to the regional this way and somtimes that is just the little nudge they need to participate.

It has been a gentlemans agreement for YEARS between the clubs involved and always will be I am sure but at the end of the day no-one is making the local clubs HAVE to run regionals, they are simply because they want too, to attract the bulk of the regions drivers (good, bad or indifferent - all kinds) to sample their track and facilities etc. There is nothing stopping loclas who dont wish to race at regionals from going to the ri local track for an open practise day, juts that it shuld not be timed or run as an actual race meeting.

There are only a few clubs (regional/national level to clarify) that run EVERY week (on a sunday), most are monthly, some fortnightly, so they simply arrange their dates around the regional calendar to suit. For the very few clubs who run regionals AND race every week, well they still get to enjoy up to 45 weeks of racing a year on their own track AND get two fantastic regionals at their venue to boot as well, so lets be honest, it is not as if the locals are being starved of racing here.

On the dates of Nationals, clubs are told by the BRCA they CANNOT run regionals, at that level it is enforced, at regional level it is at the discretion and agreement of the clubs concerned....

As for the shouting/talking on the rostrum, it is a BRCA rule, there to be obeyed, voted in and decided on by you all (the BRCA membership), it is not just a suggestion.

Hope that helps...

Skye
04-04-2012, 06:43 PM
There are more club only racers out there than you might think and of the Mid South clubs holding regionals this year I believe that every single one races weekly on various days now that Herts are doing Tuesday nights. Ok so I know a Tuesday night isn't going to clash with a regional but Stotfold, Torch and SHRCC all race weekly I believe. All of those clubs have racers who only want to do club meetings, whether that be down to travelling, experience, ability or whatever....

If that is their choice, having spent their hard earned on a hobby they enjoy, and the club want to put a meeting on for them then I am a firm believer that they should be free to do so.

I understand the reasoning behind enforcing a regional not to be run on the same day as a national as they are catering for drivers of the same mindset. But a club running a small club day on the day of a regional is very different in my opinion.

On the rostrum issue, a rule is a rule I guess... I don't tend to talk on the rostrum anyway during racing so it doesn't affect me. But I have no issues with those that do and wouldn't want to see them punished for doing so.

RudeTony
04-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Like Darren said – it has been like that for years and years and originally or certainly when I was the regional rep one of the reasons was for the dads and families being encouraged to travel to the regional events and it was to find those special youngsters like Lee Martin, Darren Bloomfield, Tony Truman and the list of superb drivers goes on and on. By the way in case people didn’t know, they are all from the Mid-South. I can name more super drivers of course and more from our region.

I believe that this rule has actually something to do with these drivers learning early skills at various venues and racing with different drivers.
Obviously there are other benefits but I recall this.

I also believe that clubs holding regional actually make sure their members support their BRCA regionals.
In fact totally the opposite to just going to one club.
It is the organisers that really should be educating the racers and the newcomers.
Club, regional, national, euros and worlds --- in that order

It can of course be argued that pure club racers may not want to travel or have an interest for BRCA regional events but I remind you all that these are BRCA sanctioned events and we all should support the governing body of our sport along with the people that make these decisions in the first place. Without them it would simply be a shambles so for this reason alone they should be supported.

On the note of speaking on the rostrum – I personally hate when people are chatting how good their cars are jumping, or how nice their mother-in-law is etc etc. It is an area where people like myself concentrate for the FULL duration of the race.

Lastly and it has to be understood I have nothing to do with any organisations, if a club didn’t agree with all this, they would not of got a regional, so really all a bit of pointless arguments.

Dr_UpGrade
04-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Tony, if its such a "pointless argument" as in this " if a club didn’t agree with all this, they would not of got a regional, so really all a bit of pointless arguments.."

Why did you bring it up in the first place?

Just seems a bit weird to me...

Skye
04-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Just because it's been like that for years doesn't make it right! :thumbdown:

What right does anyone have to take away the customers freedom of choice?

I particularly don't agree with you saying its a pointless argument, and actually take offence at you even saying so. I have had PM's tonight from many people, some just racers but some the people responsible for running some of our clubs. Every single message without exception was one of agreement and support so I would say it is anything but pointless.

RudeTony
04-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Tony, if its such a "pointless argument" as in this " if a club didn’t agree with all this, they would not of got a regional, so really all a bit of pointless arguments.."

Just seems a bit weird to me...

Not sure why you would ask that question if you read the post prior to mine by Mike.
I was just pointing out rules.
I have no arguement here but as one of the BRCA regional reps for many years, I remember a lot of these discusions.
Like I said, we should ALL be supporting the organisers (that agreed this) and certainly the BRCA that we all race under their rules.....

RudeTony
04-04-2012, 07:48 PM

I particularly don't agree with you saying its a pointless argument, and actually take offence at you even saying so. I have had PM's tonight from many people, some just racers but some the people responsible for running some of our clubs. Every single message without exception was one of agreement and support so I would say it is anything but pointless.

In the most polite way may I suggest you take it up with the BRCA rep then as we as racers do not have the power to make those decisions.
I apologise if I have offended you or your arguments

Darren Boyle
04-04-2012, 08:10 PM

No-one has taken away any right of freedom.

Stotfold, DMS and Ware have all been on the calendar for many years now, they know these rules/agreements and have stood by them for ever (well since I have been racing (early 90's).

So I assume you race at one of our new clubs for this year - TORCH or SHRCCC? When both these clubs joined the regional circus (if that is the right thing to call it) they knew what they wanted and would achieve by running regionals etc, if they had preffered to stay as they were, running club type meetings only and thought it was in the best interests of their members then they would have done so, but they have not. ALL clubs were represented at this years regional meeting and ALL clubs have been privvy to the scores of emails that have been flying around between us all who run them. This topic has been raised (and addressed) more than once that I know of and ALL clubs have been told by our regional rep what is and will be expected of them. Now if they feel that it is the "wrong" choice for them to run regionals for the benefit of their members then they had every chance to withdraw from holding them and since no-one has, as a fellow club organsier I can only assume this is the route they still wish to go.

Remember what I wrote in my post above, NOTHING is stopping you going to your local club on the day of a regionals for some track time, there may well be an open practise day on those dates, but the clubs concerned have all been told (by the regional rep) there wont be "race meetings" on these 8 weekends and ALL clubs know this, so if you are not happy with the decision you need to either speak to your local club about it or the regional rep as Tony has said also.......

If you (or anyone else) are desperate to "race" every week then book in for the regionals and support your club on every other week when there are none. If you just crave maximum track time and running, then race at your club every week a meeting is on and go there to practice when there is no meeting (on the date of a regional).........

You also have to bare in mind the "reasons" why some clubs want to run every week regardless, is it for the good of their local racers or purely for financial gain, sadly for some I are convinced it is the latter only :thumbdown:

kaszal
04-04-2012, 08:24 PM
So I assume you race at one of our new clubs for this year - TORCH or SHRCCC? When both these clubs joined the regional circus (if that is the right thing to call it) they knew what they wanted and would achieve by running regionals etc, if they had preffered to stay as they were, running club type meetings only and thought it was in the best interests of their members then they would have done so, but they have not. ALL clubs were represented at this years regional meeting and ALL clubs have been privvy to the scores of emails that have been flying around between us all who run them. This topic has been raised (and addressed) more than once that I know of and ALL clubs have been told by our regional rep what is and will be expected of them. Now if they feel that it is the "wrong" choice for them to run regionals for the benefit of their members then they had every chance to withdraw from holding them and since no-one has, as a fellow club organsier I can only assume this is the route they still wish to go.

Remember what I wrote in my post above, NOTHING is stopping you going to your local club on the day of a regionals for some track time, there may well be an open practise day on those dates, but the clubs concerned have all been told (by the regional rep) there wont be "race meetings" on these 8 weekends and ALL clubs know this, so if you are not happy with the decision you need to either speak to your local club about it or the regional rep as Tony has said also.......

If you (or anyone else) are desperate to "race" every week then book in for the regionals and support your club on every other week when there are none. If you just crave maximum track time and running, then race at your club every week a meeting is on and go there to practice when there is no meeting (on the date of a regional).........

You also have to bare in mind the "reasons" why some clubs want to run every week regardless, is it for the good of their local racers or purely for financial gain, sadly for some I are convinced it is the latter only :thumbdown:

Hmmm, funny wording in that last post. It sounds like you're saying the clubs have to follow this "gentlemans agreement" or lose their chance to host regionals? I'm not aware of any open practice at my club when regionals are on elsewhere. So yeah it does stop me. And your last comment about some clubs racing more for financial gain :eh?:

Adam F
04-04-2012, 08:36 PM
This is getting a tad ridiculous...

There isn't a conspiracy here to stop people racing, its just common sense that clubs involved within a regional championship would try to support each other..

JamesRumble
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM

There isn't a conspiracy here to stop people racing, its just common sense that clubs involved within a regional championship would try to support each other..

Well said that man

Skye
04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Darren, I'm not willing to discuss particular clubs or those who run them in public as if they want to speak out on an open forum then they will choose to do so. What I will say though is that despite what you wrote in your last message I know for a fact that there are clubs in our region who have voiced their concerns over this agreement with you in private and that the reality is not as you wrote, so to portray a steady ship is something we both know is inaccurate.

And for the record, I have never raced at either TORCH or SHRCCC.

As for entering the regionals, this year I had entered them for the first time but I will now be withdrawing from them all.

Darren Boyle
04-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Hmmm, funny wording in that last post. It sounds like you're saying the clubs have to follow this "gentlemans agreement" or lose their chance to host regionals? I'm not aware of any open practice at my club when regionals are on elsewhere. So yeah it does stop me. And your last comment about some clubs racing more for financial gain :eh?:

Hi Luke, not quite what I menat...

ALL clubs sat around th table at the emeeting and this was discussed and agreed by all, then "aferwards" some clubs have come away and are going against what had been agreed. Clubs dont get regionals just because they ask or want one, they earn one and the whole process of who gets one (or two) where they will e, when they will be gets discussed and voted on at the meeting by all the clubs. It is no good agreeing to oen thing at a meeting then doing another things at a later date.

As for the financial gain, for me enough is enough, I know of one club in particular who have stated to me personally that the club in question MUST run every week for financial reasons only and to me that is not what the consideration should be it should be about supporting the rest of the region and the other clubs in it, after all each club wants the racers from "every other club" to come to them on their regional dates, so why should they not support the others when it is their turn.....

But once more, dont shoot the messenger, anyone not happy either take it up with YOUR club (who agreed to these arrangements) OR the regional rep, I (as well as Tony) am only conveying what I know (and have agreed to on behalf of my own club and its members - we will NOT be running meetings on any other regional date)

Darren Boyle
04-04-2012, 08:49 PM

Well said that man

At last some common sense here.......

Darren Boyle
04-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Darren, I'm not willing to discuss particular clubs or those who run them in public as if they want to speak out on an open forum then they will choose to do so. What I will say though is that despite what you wrote in your last message I know for a fact that there are clubs in our region who have voiced their concerns over this agreement with you in private and that the reality is not as you wrote, so to portray a steady ship is something we both know is inaccurate.

And for the record, I have never raced at either TORCH or SHRCCC.

As for entering the regionals, this year I had entered them for the first time but I will now be withdrawing from them all.

To clarify, the agreement is NOT with me, it is with all the other clubs in the region, I am only but one of those 5 clubs as a representative.

If you are not from either TORCH or SHRCCC then I cannot see your point in all of this to be honest. Ware, DMS and Stotfold already would not be running on regional dates anyhow (they never have), it is only TORCH or SHRCCC who may have alter their plans or way their clubs are run as a result of this and if you race at neither then this does not affect you at all since clubs outside of these 5 can run on any given sunday they like if they are not running regionals :confused:

As for being entered for them all already but now you are withdrawing, what on earth is the point of that? You need to look at the bigger picture here, this is all about "suppoting" clubs not taking anything away from them..... If Stotfold, Herts, DMS and say SHRCCC all had a club meeting on the same day as the first regional at TORCH (just as an example), then I can 100% Guarrentee that TORCH would not have anyhwere near the 100 racers booked in like they do already for that event, it would be around half that (at a guess) with the other 50 or so choosing to race at their home club instead. This IS to support the clubs............

EDIT, I see from your first post in this thread your local club is Silverstone, and they will be GREATLY missed in our region this year since they are one of the best clubs around and the track was superb, they will be sorely missed. Your next nearest clubs are Stotfold and Ware but both these clubs would not be running on other regional dates (through choice) so you are not missing out on anything

Skye
04-04-2012, 09:16 PM
My point in all of this is that I do race at clubs that are affected by this rule and I don't agree with it, as with many other racers. I guess the difference is I have spoken out publicly. If this makes me public enemy number one in some people's eyes though then I can live with that. If no one ever says anything then everyone walks round thinking everything is rosy and nothing ever changes.

If me speaking out causes a few more that already think like me to say so then long term things may change. And then it will have been worth making myself unpopular.

RudeTony
04-04-2012, 09:49 PM

I will be at S&H tomorrow night (weather permitting) if you fancy a chat Mark....

DaSloth
04-04-2012, 10:01 PM
If so many people are in agreement, why not say so in this forum, its what it is here for. Its not like you will be publicly scorned everywhere you go...its your opinion and your more than welcome to it and i dont think anyone has said you shouldnt be!

the regional events in the south are run to a great standard in my opinion and need to be supported so they can continue to do so. As Darren said, no reason why you cant go your local track and still practise to be honest, you can still race with your friends without timing gear.

this whole argument seems a bit silly tbh, because i'm fairly sure the majority of people that run the club meetings attend regionals, i know from the ware POV, even if we did race sundays, they wouldnt be on because no one would be available to run the meetings anyway.

PS Tony are you up at the neo this weekend? ;)

PaulUpton
04-04-2012, 10:28 PM
To clarify, the agreement is NOT with me, it is with all the other clubs in the region, I am only but one of those 5 clubs as a representative.

If you are not from either TORCH or SHRCCC then I cannot see your point in all of this to be honest. Ware, DMS and Stotfold already would not be running on regional dates anyhow (they never have), it is only TORCH or SHRCCC who may have alter their plans or way their clubs are run as a result of this and if you race at neither then this does not affect you at all since clubs outside of these 5 can run on any given sunday they like if they are not running regionals :confused:

As for being entered for them all already but now you are withdrawing, what on earth is the point of that? You need to look at the bigger picture here, this is all about "suppoting" clubs not taking anything away from them..... If Stotfold, Herts, DMS and say SHRCCC all had a club meeting on the same day as the first regional at TORCH (just as an example), then I can 100% Guarrentee that TORCH would not have anyhwere near the 100 racers booked in like they do already for that event, it would be around half that (at a guess) with the other 50 or so choosing to race at their home club instead. This IS to support the clubs............

EDIT, I see from your first post in this thread your local club is Silverstone, and they will be GREATLY missed in our region this year since they are one of the best clubs around and the track was superb, they will be sorely missed. Your next nearest clubs are Stotfold and Ware but both these clubs would not be running on other regional dates (through choice) so you are not missing out on anything

Thanks Darren :thumbsup:

Sorry, carry on guys :woot:

Skye
04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
If so many people are in agreement, why not say so in this forum, its what it is here for. Its not like you will be publicly scorned everywhere you go...its your opinion and your more than welcome to it and i dont think anyone has said you shouldnt be!

People don't want to say, because whenever it gets brought up the shit usually hits the fan. It did last summer and tonight is another example of how what you say is disregarded and rubbished. Most people won't bother, but I have heard enough people say so that I spoke up.

Some people that run regionals seem to think they are the be all and end all, and that every club driver should feel the same. They don't...

One club has approx 40 members. Less than 20% of those members CHOOSE to do the regionals. They know they are on, but they CHOOSE not to do them. They don't CHOOSE not to race at all though, people want to decide that for them.

I'm not looking to fall out and start a war so I am signing off now, but I hope that at the end of all this then people are in no doubt that this agreement is not popular and will likely be broken at some time or other....

DaSloth
04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
if there are so many with this opinion they need to speak up, because if the change is wanted, it would happen if it was supported so highly...that's fairly simple logic!

If this "club" really does have 80% of members not really wanting to do regionals, then they should tell the organisers or the club, no one is forcing them to run a regional (assuming they are) and no one is forcing them to abide by said rules.

RudeTony
05-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Dear oh dear!!
I think people should be commended for speaking their opinions and so on and I know too well that I sometimes speak and it gets me in trouble!!

I have a suggestion for the clubs, respective members of those clubs and drivers in general.

It has to be clarified from the start though that it is just a suggestion and the clubs would have to verify this idea with Keith W. our regional rep and amongst all the clubs.

Now for sure 1/10th is on the up and people, especially after this discussion, are more than aware how the BRCA and certainly the clubs from the mid-south want to make the sport grow, but there may be an argument for the increasing club driver that just doesn’t want to do regional events and no matter how many times we explain that this is the right way, he just doesn’t want to do them. Cannot personally understand why not, as the regional events cater for every level and it is really the best way forward.
Here we go!

On a regional event date
Clubs cannot run the same class as the relevant regional at their club meetings.
In other words they can run their clubs but not the same class as the regional event.
2wd regional, only 4wd cars at other club meetings.
4wd regional, only 2wd cars at other club meetings.
The accepted agreement to also extend to, no club can run same class as their coming up regional, 7 days prior to that regional event and that includes the Sunday prior to the event.

Just to clarify so there are no misunderstandings although I think it's clear.
If there is a 4wd lets say next weekend at the Surrey and Hants club.
I pick this club as Neil advertised Tues, Thurs and Sundays, 51 weeks of the year (LOL – you can all attack me later when I pop down, weather permitting)
They (S&H) cannot run 4wd cars the Sunday before the event or at anytime within 7 days leading up to the event.
All other clubs can do their normal thing but cannot run 4wd cars AT ALL on the Sunday of the S&H 4wd regional event.
Any club found to break the agreement then instantaneously looses all rights to regional events and all events are rescheduled to clubs that can run them.

How is that?
I think this can encourage any club members at respective clubs to get hold of the other class cars. Let’s say they only drive a 2wd then they might consider the 4wd too or visa versa.
I also think for the clubs that are putting in big efforts for the regional events like I know some are, they don’t feel they will loose anything.
The club racer can then stay at his club (skye) and everyone is happy. Only joking!!!
I can’t really see many negatives in that suggestion and it keeps the tradition of the mid-south too.

JCJC
05-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Whats going on in the Mid-South, seems overrun with racers and tracks, everybodys keen to race everynight of the week & Sundays, ain't that fantastic.
We have 5 clubs running regionals and 4 not but more than capable, 2 of which have more than 1 venue, then there is the 2 in Newbury, and a few others catering for other classes, Wycombe springs to mind. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A few years ago the regionals were half full, now they have a limit on racers, I think things have changed slightly. Why anyone would not want to do a regional I don't understand, outstanding days racing, meet more racers from the area and get an F rateing, a cup of tea and a soggy burger, but if its not for you then its not for you.

This obviously needs to be looked at, and I suppose there must be a process for that (< my point, just to prove I have one), but ain't we lucky to be in a position to do so, and one of the reasons we are is because lots of good people put in a lot of effort to make it so.
(was reading this thread last night while watching sons of anarchy on 5usa, aaarh the little things that amuse us in life).

Oxygen
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Whats going on in the Mid-South, seems overrun with racers and tracks, everybodys keen to race everynight of the week & Sundays, ain't that fantastic.
We have 5 clubs running regionals and 4 not but more than capable, 2 of which have more than 1 venue, then there is the 2 in Newbury, and a few others catering for other classes, Wycombe springs to mind. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A few years ago the regionals were half full, now they have a limit on racers, I think things have changed slightly. Why anyone would not want to do a regional I don't understand, outstanding days racing, meet more racers from the area and get an F rateing, a cup of tea and a soggy burger, but if its not for you then its not for you.

This obviously needs to be looked at, and I suppose there must be a process for that (< my point, just to prove I have one), but ain't we lucky to be in a position to do so, and one of the reasons we are is because lots of good people put in a lot of effort to make it so.
(was reading this thread last night while watching sons of anarchy on 5usa, aaarh the little things that amuse us in life).

Here here! Many club racers have never experienced a larger event such as a regional or national, and really dont know what their missing out on! Looking at the entries for this year, the region looks very healthy and I for one am looking forward to taking part in and watching some great racing.

I understand that some club racers wont be able to get to the regional events for a variety of issues and constraints, but for the sake of the growth of our sport and the friends, fun, and experience that can be gained along the way, i cant see how it's a bad thing for clubs to support each other and promote regional racing.

Just my two cents! I'll go back to my hole now! :)

mattybucks
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
If the conditions of running a regional are that clubs who are also running regionals in the same region are not allowed to run a same class meeting on the same day, I can not see why we have this thread.

Either follow the rule or withdraw from holding a regional.

Clubs should work together and support other clubs. We have already discussed our Winter Series plans with out nearest club (Silverstone) to ensure we do not clash/shadow dates for 2012/13.

All that will happen is the regulars will attend their local club's regional, and then not bother attending the other regionals as they will be attending there own club's meeting on the same day. It's disgraceful that we're even having this conversation :mad:

kaszal
05-04-2012, 10:40 AM
All that will happen is the regulars will attend their local club's regional, and then not bother attending the other regionals as they will be attending there own club's meeting on the same day. It's disgraceful that we're even having this conversation :mad:

Disgraceful? Steady on there. You can't force people.

Dudders
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi All,

I've kept quiet on this thread watching the different views back and forth and I think its great for debate in the 1/10th area and also great we have a glut of decent clubs in the South now.

Now, firstly I’d like to make it crystal clear that S & H are thrilled and delighted to have been given the prestigious honour of running two regional meetings in this our second year on the racing scene in 2012. To hold not one, but two this time last year would have been beyond our wildest dreams. We’ll endeavour to move heaven and earth to create a good meeting vibe on the day. Racing’s is what its all about.

However, being the ‘newbie’ to this, what comes with this is old baggage from previous years gone by. ‘Rules’ and ‘Gentleman’s Agreements’ that were not privy to or didn’t know. The 'rules' we have looked at and we are fine and dandy after consultation with the regional BRCA rep.

Since accepting the regional meetings it has come to light that there has been an understanding between the host clubs that they will not run any meeting whilst another regional is being hosted in the area. There are many differing views on this from many different people.

Racers from all clubs go to all regional’s to support the series. Historically (I believe) when grids have been low that agreement was a great effort by all clubs to get as many numbers as possible to each race.

However, and I hope I can speak publically for Torch on this as well. S & H and Torch were unaware of the this agreement before or during the meeting to decide venues. It was only after enquiries I made it came to light. I informed Torch of this rule in mid March. I’m not stirring the pot here, more to put on record that 'we' didn’t know anything about this agreement prior or during the meeting so the general racers can see where some of this thread has come from.

We also have the side issue of drivers not wanting to travel and not wanting to compete in the regional series. TORCH and SHRCCC (to pick the two I know) both have drivers who will not even travel the 50 minute distance to race at each others tracks, which is absolutely fine, we're both here to support them.

Clubs therefore have to support the competitive fast racers as well as cater for those who wish to bumble around the track on their weekends of work.

I think Tony’s idea of clubs able to run a 4wd only meeting on the same day as a 2wd regional meeting (and visa versa) is a well thought out and sensible idea and one that does indeed need to be discussed.

The whole emphasis is getting the people to regional’s is excellent, but we need to remember not everyone wants to do them. What’s better, people wanting to race locally sat at home not racing, not breaks parts and not using tyres or running a non competitive low key meeting?.

At the end of the day whatever the BRCA decide, S & H will run with it, but to pose the question of the BRCA. Should the BRCA support the clubs, the regional series and the grass routes level?. Is this counter productive?. I'm just asking the question, not stating, it's a good topic of conversation.

Also to confine the myth of the 7 day rule. This does not apply to regional races, only National Series. Think in the past many tracks have used the Sunday before as time to prep and modify the track for the following week. On a personal note, S & H are running the week before our regional on the Sunday and the Tuesday, with track maintained and changes on the Thursday night and Saturday (no practice allowed bar me to test the track as I am not racing at our round). These meetings have been sanctioned by the regional BRCA.

The above is all in aid of developing a good local scene for club and top racers throughout. As suggested we do have a high rent to pay (whether we race or not) which is not cheap by any stretch of imagination. It takes a lot of time and money to create and setup a race track and a lot of time and money to keep it running. To suggest S & H run the race dates they have purely for financial gain/profit is out of order and way off the mark.

SHRCCC Team.

Darren Boyle
05-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi All,

I've kept quiet on this thread watching the different views back and forth and I think its great for debate in the 1/10th area and also great we have a glut of decent clubs in the South now.

Now, firstly I’d like to make it crystal clear that S & H are thrilled and delighted to have been given the prestigious honour of running two regional meetings in this our second year on the racing scene in 2012. To hold not one, but two this time last year would have been beyond our wildest dreams. We’ll endeavour to move heaven and earth to create a good meeting vibe on the day. Racing’s is what its all about.

However, being the ‘newbie’ to this, what comes with this is old baggage from previous years gone by. ‘Rules’ and ‘Gentleman’s Agreements’ that were not privy to or didn’t know. The 'rules' we have looked at and we are fine and dandy after consultation with the regional BRCA rep.

Since accepting the regional meetings it has come to light that there has been an understanding between the host clubs that they will not run any meeting whilst another regional is being hosted in the area. There are many differing views on this from many different people.

Racers from all clubs go to all regional’s to support the series. Historically (I believe) when grids have been low that agreement was a great effort by all clubs to get as many numbers as possible to each race.

However, and I hope I can speak publically for Torch on this as well. S & H and Torch were unaware of the this agreement before or during the meeting to decide venues. It was only after enquiries I made it came to light. I informed Torch of this rule in mid March. I’m not stirring the pot here, more to put on record that 'we' didn’t know anything about this agreement prior or during the meeting so the general racers can see where some of this thread has come from.

We also have the side issue of drivers not wanting to travel and not wanting to compete in the regional series. TORCH and SHRCCC (to pick the two I know) both have drivers who will not even travel the 50 minute distance to race at each others tracks, which is absolutely fine, we're both here to support them.

Clubs therefore have to support the competitive fast racers as well as cater for those who wish to bumble around the track on their weekends of work.

I think Tony’s idea of clubs able to run a 4wd only meeting on the same day as a 2wd regional meeting (and visa versa) is a well thought out and sensible idea and one that does indeed need to be discussed.

The whole emphasis is getting the people to regional’s is excellent, but we need to remember not everyone wants to do them. What’s better, people wanting to race locally sat at home not racing, not breaks parts and not using tyres or running a non competitive low key meeting?.

At the end of the day whatever the BRCA decide, S & H will run with it, but to pose the question of the BRCA. Should the BRCA support the clubs, the regional series and the grass routes level?. Is this counter productive?. I'm just asking the question, not stating, it's a good topic of conversation.

Also to confine the myth of the 7 day rule. This does not apply to regional races, only National Series. Think in the past many tracks have used the Sunday before as time to prep and modify the track for the following week. On a personal note, S & H are running the week before our regional on the Sunday and the Tuesday, with track maintained and changes on the Thursday night and Saturday (no practice allowed bar me to test the track as I am not racing at our round). These meetings have been sanctioned by the regional BRCA.

The above is all in aid of developing a good local scene for club and top racers throughout. As suggested we do have a high rent to pay (whether we race or not) which is not cheap by any stretch of imagination. It takes a lot of time and money to create and setup a race track and a lot of time and money to keep it running. To suggest S & H run the race dates they have purely for financial gain/profit is out of order and way off the mark.

SHRCCC Team.

Nice post there Neil, but please bare in mind I dont delete my emails, I still have them all here, happy to share if you wish......

This issue has not just "popped up" it has been circulated by email for some time now. Keith Wardle (regional rep) has confirmed to us all (all club representatives that is) that there is to be NO "race meeting" on the day of a regional at another club. He has said this now on a number of occassions and still it is being harped on about. He has given issue that an open practice day or free track time is no issue at all for those who wish to get their R/C car fix on that day at their local venue, his instructions have been 100% clear thus far to us ALL.

If any club (new or old) does not like the idea then they can raise a vote to change it at next years meeting, but for now I suggest we all follow what Keith has instructed and deal with it as is for this year.

As for financial, it should not even enter into clubs minds to be honest, let alone correspondance. Each meeting we hold at Watford this year will cost us £600 per day for hall hire alone, trophies, tape and other consumbales for the day on top of that. 2012 is the first season in memory that I think we will not run at a loss at our venue with the higher numbers pre-entered thus far, but we put the events on each year for the good of the racers, even if it does get subsidised from my own pocket.....

As numerous people have posted here already, why the clubs do not strive to support the other clubs in the area is beyond me also. You all want "their" racers to come to your meetings, so why should it not be vice versa? Neil has posted above that his club is excited to hold the two prestigous regionals, but what makes them "prestigous" is the fact that the best drivers and large follwoing from "every other club" will be there in attendance, is it not right for the othrs cluybs to then expect your members (or as many as possible) to attend their "prestigous" meeting. I see a HUGE contingent from TORCH already booked in for venues all overt the region and a HUGE well done to them (and they will have more travelling to do than any other club being the southern most).

Another point, we can all sit behind our computer screens and state we "did not know about somthing", but to be honest, there have been LOTS of things the two new clubs have not known with regards to the regionals (which is quite understandable), regards how they are run etc , practise, booking in, the list of topics is endless. "EVERY" other topic has simply been addressed by "asking a question by email", so in this case if anyone was unsure, then why not just ask, like everything else. I have answered scores of emails from both SHRCCC and TORCH on a multitude of topics and I ahve been more than happy to help out, especially since Keith is not as accesable as I am during the day, so I am more then happy to help assist him in any way I can. When you did ask, you were told and since you dont agree. Ther eis a little point in my opinion asking how somthing is done, having it explained to you and told what to expect, then disagreeing with the help and advice you have been given, that is why it is now an issue..........

I have said via email and PM replies (more than once), if you are not happy with anything now, please address it with Keith who will once more set the record striaght on what is epxected or not expected if you or anyne is unsure.

Dr_UpGrade
05-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Darren,
to me as an average punter coming back into the scene, your posts and the apparent 'attitude' in them are just so wrong on many levels...

Can I kindly suggest that you tone it down a little, and I also suggest let the actaul representative talk 'for' the BRCA, unlike at the moment, where it distinctly sounds as if you are speaking for the BRCA yourself.. It just doesn't do yourself or the whole situation any favours...:thumbdown:

JCJC
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Darren,
and I also suggest let the actaul representative talk 'for' the BRCA,

Sorry, don't want to wind anyone up, but I am missing something here, who are you talking about ? which BRCA representative ?

Darren Boyle
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Darren,
to me as an average punter coming back into the scene, your posts and the apparent 'attitude' in them are just so wrong on many levels...

Can I kindly suggest that you tone it down a little, and I also suggest let the actaul representative talk 'for' the BRCA, unlike at the moment, where it distinctly sounds as if you are speaking for the BRCA yourself.. It just doesn't do yourself or the whole situation any favours...:thumbdown:

With all due respect, you have not seen the emails that have exchanged on the subject already, if the clubs concerned stopped emailing or pm'ing "me" about it than I am happy to walk away from the topic. I have not "asked" for the numerous pm's and emails I have recieved.......

All I do is offer the booking in service (free of charge) for the regions clubs and racers to use, yet for some reason I get all the grief from said poeple when they dont like somthing :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Keith, sadly is unable to make it to the forums such as this and much of what I have written has been on his behalf for him and relaying messages he has issued.

So, sorry if you dont like what I have written, I simply being the messenger here and as they say, dont shoot the messenger.............

To add (since I just saw your signature and where you race).... it was actually me (and Matt Owen from Silverstone) that pushed hard for Neil to have "two" regionals at the meeting, for much of that meeting we had, SHRCCC were only getting one event, so please dont think I am against SHRCCC in any way, far from it, I am there to help. Just dont like being asked for that help then it being ignored when given to be honest, but that is probably more than "the average punter" needs to know......

DaSloth
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
ill bring my bb gun tomorrow Darren and pop a cap in yo ass! :woot:

Darren Boyle
05-04-2012, 02:30 PM
ill bring my bb gun tomorrow Darren and pop a cap in yo ass! :woot: LOL :rolleyes:

RudeTony
05-04-2012, 02:39 PM
OMG - Ian is going to shoot Darren - LMAO

Darren Boyle
05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
OMG - Ian is going to shoot Darren - LMAO LOL, at this rate with all the moaning going on, might shoot myself.... :woot:. It is what you get for trying to help out.....

RudeTony
05-04-2012, 02:51 PM
LOL, at this rate with all the moaning going on, might shoot myself.... :woot:. It is what you get for trying to help out.....

I haven't laughted this hard for years - I am trying to load the bloody car and I am laughing - everyone thinks I've gone over the edge!!!
:woot:

DaSloth
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Tony, answer my question from earlier! are you at neo this weekend at all?! :)

RudeTony
05-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Sorry mate - I will try and come up Monday but I don't yet have the goodies. - I will have mid-week next so I will either register post or see you next Friday at Stotfold.

Darren Boyle
05-04-2012, 03:08 PM

Ian, are you going to NEO at all? I know someone who needs some stuff taking up there if possible.....

DaSloth
05-04-2012, 03:12 PM
i'm going up Sunday matey, so if that person can wait till then i do some couriering for you.

taz5311
08-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Just wanted to add something to all this as someone who has tried to help run a series.
I am in full support of the guys who run the regionals and the condition that no other 'regional' club run a meeting on the same weekend.
Maybe if we followed tony's "suggestion" of not running the same class over a regional weekend or stayed as it is, would those who disagree with this situation suddenly volunteer to run their clubs meeting if the usual suspects happen to be running at the regional???
Or are people demanding that none of the guys who run their club week in week out are allowed to enjoy their own racing??
I'm not a fast or consistant racer but thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and challenge of a regional, and have developed my driving through attending these meetings!!.

mikeyscott
15-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Looking forward to the first round at TORCH on the 22nd :thumbsup:

If you haven't booked in please do so and (hopefully not) if you are withdrawing please refer to the booking in email to cancel the entry.

gainsy
17-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Quick question
A friend has to withdraw his entry from just the torch meeting & cant find his email with the withdraw link, how woud he go about doing this?

DaSloth
17-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm sure darren will confirm, but at this stage i think you can mail Keith or Darren and they should be able to remove him from the list.

If its very late notice i think you need to contact the club to inform them.

RudeTony
17-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I would informe everyone (LOL) and that way you won't be a marked man for next time!
Looking forward to the regionals ..........:D

gainsy
17-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Cheers guys :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing that DB1 Tony :drool:

mikeyscott
17-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Yup certainly looking forward to it.

TORCH - info@torchracing.org.uk

RudeTony
17-04-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm sure darren will confirm, but at this stage i think you can mail Keith or Darren and they should be able to remove him from the list.

If its very late notice i think you need to contact the club to inform them.

Thanks for all your help at the National mate - appreciated....

Skye
19-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I just want to put down on here that I wont be attending any of the regionals for this coming season.

I do not have the emails required to remove myself from the lists but I had registered for Stotfold, Ware, SHRCCC and Watford.

As I wont be attending any of these now, please can you remove me from the entry lists for these clubs.

Thanks,
Richard

Darren Boyle
19-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I just want to put down on here that I wont be attending any of the regionals for this coming season.

I do not have the emails required to remove myself from the lists but I had registered for Stotfold, Ware, SHRCCC and Watford.

As I wont be attending any of these now, please can you remove me from the entry lists for these clubs.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard, you will need to email the clubs individually if you have deleted your confirmation emails by mistake (not all clubs come on here as regularly as some of us)

You will need to add your FULL name (there are several "Richards" who race in the area) and include your BRCA number in the emails for clarification also so the correct person is taken out.

The Chef
23-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Will there be an open class Sunday at harts as my boy would like to race if the forecast looks good.

Thank you.

jaywestwood
23-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Is there a postcode for the DMS watford 2wd round 2 anywhere plz?

LewisStrong
23-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Is there a postcode for the DMS watford 2wd round 2 anywhere plz?

WD25 0UU is one I have :thumbsup:

JCJC
23-04-2012, 01:40 PM
WD25 0JU or as above WD25 OUU

All this years tracks can be found on The Mid South Map (http://tinyurl.com/lkur6k)

Yellow pins are 2012 tracks, zoom in satellite mode to see whats what n where. :)

DaSloth
23-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Will there be an open class Sunday at harts as my boy would like to race if the forecast looks good.

Thank you.

Yep we'll run one if people want one! :)

I know a few people have mentioned doing it so there should be a few people at least i think.

JamesRumble
23-04-2012, 02:53 PM
What's the timetable for this weekends event?

DaSloth
23-04-2012, 03:24 PM
We'll be putting up an information post either this evening or tomorrow night, but it should generally follow the same as most other regionals. Gate is open from very early, so you can arrive as early as 6 if you wanted to. Practise will start from about 8 through until 9.40 and racing will start about 10.

Booking in will be 8 till 9 so i've got time to sort heats etc :)

Darren Boyle
23-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Yep we'll run one if people want one! :)

I know a few people have mentioned doing it so there should be a few people at least i think.

I hope so, since you have 3 or 4 booked in online for it already....