PDA

View Full Version : F1 starts now

Southwell
15-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Here we go....:thumbsup:
I bet James Allen is still a dong....

xjr14
15-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Yeah, :thumbsup: I`m careful with predictions these days...but I sense Mark Webber, Nico Rosberg and Fernando Alonso within the top ten. Plus the usual ones, 2 Mc`s, 2 Ferraris and 2 BMW`s ....so one more top ten spot left....going to ??? Jarno Trulli.

...just me bet! Enjoy the qualifying!:thumbsup:

Northy
15-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, :thumbsup: I`m careful with predictions these days...but I sense Mark Webber, ....... within the top ten.

Red Bull reliability strikes again! :o

Mmmm, the red cars didn't do so well eh? :confused:

Just so happened I woke up at about 3am, so put the tv on! :thumbsup:

G

josh_smaxx
15-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Just watched qualy, Hammy on pole! :thumbsup: sure everyone knows that by now anyway,

Northy
15-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Didn't he just make that pole lap look easy? :thumbsup:

Didn't want to say anything else till you'd all watched it. :lol:

G

josh_smaxx
15-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Ye, he makes everything look easy, even when he's having a hard time he just keeps going and doesnt loose his cool, good stuff! :thumbsup:

xjr14
15-03-2008, 03:37 PM
As I said, I should never ever predict anything again when it comes to F1. Following everything available since 1990 did not get me anywhere, even had to shave my head once after some F1 bet :blush:.

Yeah the red ones did struggle quite a lot, Massa was sideways nearly everywhere around the track. Don`t think he will be able to safe his tires enough over the distance! ...and oh boy Red Bull reliability, don`t get me started on this :bored: I just hope it`s not the start of the same striking series as last year!

Anyway, should be an interesting race tonight. 1. HAM 2. KOV 3. RAI :rolleyes:

Northy
15-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I'll be watching it live :thumbsup:

G

losidan
15-03-2008, 03:55 PM
i've just watched the re run...Watched it all and fell asleep as q3 started....woke up just as hamilton was finishing his lap!!!! DOH!

Southwell
15-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I doubt Rai will be up front, maybe 5th or 6th. Melbourne is notoriously difficult to pass on so i think 1) Ham 2) Mas 3) Kov.

Im going to have a go at staying up late, i did it last year :D

Southwell
15-03-2008, 03:56 PM
i've just watched the re run...Watched it all and fell asleep as q3 started....woke up just as hamilton was finishing his lap!!!! DOH!

Lol, i fell asleep this morning 5 mins before Q1 and woke up 5 mins into Q2, struggled to keep conscience till the end, but managed it. :thumbsup:

telboy
15-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Awesome, how good do the cars look this year?:thumbsup:

Makes a real change to see them sliding around like they used to in the old days.:drool:

I'll be watching it live...always do on the overseas races.:D

Northy
15-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Real men watch it Live Tel! :thumbsup:

I'll be shattered Sunday night though, going racing the D4 tonight at York, then engine tuning with the 8th tomorrow :lol:

Will rest at work on Monday :thumbsup:

G

xjr14
15-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I`ll also try to catch it live , only have to move the missus away from the living room. She`ll have a girls night in and I assume the four ladies will still be awake and giggling.

@ Southwell: Overtaking is, as always, an issue but I assume wearing tires and the lack of TC will create more opportunities. RAI will show a great race if the horse doesn`t break. MAS with DNF... ?!?

MK999
15-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Also be watching it live then heading to newbury indoor for the rest of the day, a day of motorsport, top notch :thumbsup:

telboy
15-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Real men watch it Live Tel! :thumbsup:

I'll be shattered Sunday night though, going racing the D4 tonight at York, then engine tuning with the 8th tomorrow :lol:

Will rest at work on Monday :thumbsup:

G

I'm just getting some practice in for the sleepless nights when the little one arrives.:woot:

Garry Driffill
15-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Im gonna wach it live, this year we gonna see Lewis top of the pops me thinks :)

Garry

josh_smaxx
15-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Mam said i cant stay up :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::mad: dont tell me the result till after the replay, or i may just watch the whole race again in the morning on 'tinternet.

Garry Driffill
15-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Mam said i cant stay up :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::mad: dont tell me the result till after the replay, or i may just watch the whole race again in the morning on 'tinternet.

Josh, its weekend ! :lol:

Just explain how important it is :)

josh_smaxx
15-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Josh, its weekend ! :lol:

Just explain how important it is :)

She's funding my whole season, not gonna argue to much :D

telboy
16-03-2008, 12:02 AM
But surely it doesn't cost her anything for you to stay up watch it?:confused:

josh_smaxx
16-03-2008, 04:11 AM
But surely it doesn't cost her anything for you to stay up watch it?:confused:

Thats hwat i said but im up anyway :thumbsup:

xjr14
16-03-2008, 04:30 AM
off they go...

enjoy!....whoever managed to stay/get up!

Southwell
16-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Im still up :D

matt
16-03-2008, 05:04 AM
:thumbsup:

xjr14
16-03-2008, 06:11 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...very entertaining!

josh_smaxx
16-03-2008, 06:13 AM
Not bad, not bad, good result for us.

MK999
16-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Was an eventful race at least :thumbsup:

Northy
16-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I watched it in bed, was good :thumbsup:

Now I'm off to play with me 8th :lol:

G

josh_smaxx
16-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I streamed it from ITV's website as my little B&W TV in my room doesnt have a head phone slot, wasnt bad quality at all, good race i thought.

Slimboyfat
16-03-2008, 01:32 PM
at last F1 is entertaining! Good action throughout...

sosidge
16-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I dunno about whether it is entertaining or not, a few crashes, a few mistakes, but still almost no proper overtaking. They have to sort out the aero on the cars, it is ridiculous that Raikonnen had 2.5 seconds a lap over Barrichello but couldn't make a pass for 15 laps. Same could be said of Kova chasing Alonso at the end, and pretty much everyone who had to follow Bourdais at some point.

IceMike
16-03-2008, 09:24 PM
yopu say that, but it is true for this sport 2. it is one thing catching up to someone but it is alot harder to get past someone trying to defend the possiton without taking them out

xjr14
16-03-2008, 09:25 PM
yeah let`s hope the redefined aero-regulations for 2009 will solve at least part of the problem. but I`m skeptical...

telboy
16-03-2008, 11:14 PM
But that was part of the excitement. It was a case of drivers getting close at points and then making little mistakes. There were a few times when the chasing cars looked like they were close enough but then they'd put the power down to ealy coming out of the corner and get it sideways losing time. it's showing certain drivers skills over others for a change.

But there was overtaking. But then, there hasn't been much overtaking in the last 15 years or so. So its good to see the drivers having to fight the cars and take risks to get past people. And no that isn't dangerous (before people bring it up :) ).

Its like a game of chess. drivers have now got to sit behind for a few laps a weigh up where the other one is slower etc. just like they used to in the old days.

albertobdq
17-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Hi all!

In my opinion there were too many incidents in the race to figure out where is every car and driver.

Regarding your comments involving aerodymanics, well, in my very personal opinion FIA has gone all worng with its regulations. Let me explain myself: Nowadays the rules try to limit the use of aerodymanics to improve safety and even the competition while limiting the cost, at least that's what they say. From my point of view those kind of regulations has achieved just the opposite. Today engineers have to look for every little bit of downforce, they have to struggle using every trick they know to obtain so little. I believe that this has turn the aerodymanics ultra-complicated and even worse, very, very fragile. I mean, in order to work propperly current F1 cars need all the downforce they could get, if they miss just a bit of that precious help, they just won't turn, brake or accelerate. We can see this on the huge gaps that drivers keep between themselves. Overtaking is a total nightmare for drivers, even with a much better car it's a whole pain.

In my personal opinion FIA has achieved the fastest traffic jam in the world, wich they call, F1.

P.S.: Is it me or my english is getting worse every day?

Garry Driffill
17-03-2008, 12:26 AM
It was a good race, Lewis drove really well and took to the new regulations pretty good. I see Ferarri messed things up loosing traction control seemed to throw them up in the air. Makes me wonder if these guys have gotten to comfortable with driver aids....

True skill shone through in the end we all know whos gonna win ! :thumbsup:

COME ON LEWIS !!!!

Garry

telboy
17-03-2008, 03:57 PM
it made me laugh when before the race, the ITV crew said 'its going to be difficult for the rookies without the traction control'!

Now, do they not realise that the rookies are probably more used to not having TC than the regular F1 drivers? (who have got used to having all the throttle and brakes done for them by the computer)

MK999
17-03-2008, 04:17 PM
800brake with no TC is a whole different ball game though :thumbsup:

DCM
17-03-2008, 05:02 PM
yopu say that, but it is true for this sport 2. it is one thing catching up to someone but it is alot harder to get past someone trying to defend the possiton without taking them out

could always try the Massa approach, if at first you can't overtake, punt the bugger off, he must be a touring car driver... :woot:

Nick Goodall
17-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I am still feeling the pain having stayed up to watch all of Qualifying (Trish bottled it and fell asleep) - but then stupidly i got up at 4:15 to watch the race and then had about 45 mins sleep afterwards to go racing myself haha, really feeling it today!

Northy
17-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm feeling the same pain Nick.... :yawn::yawn:

G

millzy
17-03-2008, 05:21 PM
yeah im in pain

watched wales win the rugby with the help of a good few JDs went to town, got home didnt facny going to bed orderd and really late chinese eat it and re build my shocks on the ftx- watched the f1 live. had a bath, got picked up and went to ther microx national in cardiff - raced all day , hadnt been in bed sinced friday night.

Nick Goodall
17-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Hahaha crazy isn't it?? Everyone said to me "why didn't you Sky+ it" - WHICH I DID lol, just knew the chances of spending all day racing without hearing what happened were basically Zero and i've managed to watch the Australian GP for the last 10 years or so now so it's become a bit of a tradition :-)

telboy
17-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Same here, can't miss the live run of the aussie race. I tried it once and the first thing on the tv before the highlights was the news....and they told you the result!! And thats when the aussie race was the last race of the season and I didn't want to know the outcome of the championship.:thumbdown:

I to am feeling it though.stayed up to watch quali, then the daughter got up at 4 (just as it finished) and wouldn't go back to sleep. then on the sunday I got a bit of kip on the setee at about 1 o clock and woke up just as brundle was doing the grid walk (how miserable are the drivers getting?) so luckily I missed all the crap that they repeat on every program. Then I didn't get to sleep until about 2 in the afternoon for a couple of hours.

Knackered....Yep.:thumbsup: but its worth it.

losidan
17-03-2008, 07:49 PM
drivers are miserable...

u got that right mate. ewhat the hell is wrong with em all.

they are loaded
get paid to race uber quick cars
manafacturers throw free megamotors at them
fit birds a plenty

yeah life is a bitch lads