PDA

View Full Version : Some modifications that I made on my Vega B4.1

Ekis
24-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Gear Cover from B4.1 has been modified to suit Vegan. I have used the original holes in the gear cover, I used a longer bolt with nut through the heat sink, the second hole drilled and tapped in motor mount. It was pretty centered. A little sanding must be done on the gear cover for it to be a good fit against battery and rear arm mount.

Instead of screws to the battery strap, I switched to the Battery Strap Thumbscrew from Associated.

A few training sessions since I got hit (twice) unfortunate enough to shock absorbers, which was scrapped. So what I did was to turn the control arm "right" and got absorbers in front of the tower instead. It also meant that the car was longer than the original, 17mm longer ... It was long but you have to try when you are curious :-)
The car was very nice to drive in fact, may not suit all driving styles...

I have probably the only Vega chassis that have broken ..
The screws to the top plate were loose and when I landed with its nose in to the jump it broke at the kick up. My own fault (bad check before flight…) It is now welded and reinforced.
I also dropped a question to Team Xtreme about buying a new chassis but did not get any answer back so therefor it´s welded now, works fine and added a little weight tough.