PDA

View Full Version : Noobie

Ian_lawton
24-01-2012, 05:55 PM
hey,

i got My cougar in the summer last year and still have not raced it as ive been busy moving house and other stuff, i was going to go to the bury club but i think you will be closer :)

the set up i have is in my signature below, what is everyone else racing ??

also i have no experence at setting the car up, for example springs, shock oil and camber how hard is it to get this all right for racing??

and one last question.. what tyres do you recommend? mine are just about slick now from using them in the garden and street so i might as well buy some that are good on the track :)

Thanks

coleman758
24-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey!

You need Schumacher Mini-Pins for indoors & Mini-Spikes for outside.
Yellow compound is normally the best all around.

Drop around the track and talk to people! that's the best way to get the info you need.

Ian_lawton
24-01-2012, 06:09 PM
ill get some tyres ordered and possibly be down at the track soon hopefully within the next month :)

Lee1972
24-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Adam Crawshaw and Gaz Howarth both run Schumacher cars you might want to speak to them.

Jon D
24-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I do to a couger sv n catsx 3 any questions wen u ther giv us a shout no worries

adamjimny
25-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Im Adam and got the cougar flying on carpet with cut staggers on front and mini pins on rear. ill be there not this week but next and every 3 weeks and more than happy to give my views on setup etc gaz is just getting to grips with the cougar but i set it up for him and he cant fault so im sure he wont mind you peeking. i used to run a 13.5t and was always in atleast the b final and gaz runs a 9t

Either way both rapid but a 10.5t was always my ideal in 2wd indoor

you will fly pal

speak to people there. 99% of people are more than happy to lend a hand with setups and pointers and what not