PDA

View Full Version : Returning to circuit racing

Sean750
28-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi folks,
After racing mardave v12s fairly competitivley about 6 or 7 years ago i now fancy another go. It shouldn't take me to long to get back up to speed so i am looking for some good kit that i can hopefully become successfu withl again. I still have an old metal chassis and some old cells and charger. Would anybody be able to give me some pointers as to what kit to get eg, speedo and motor, prob brushless, cells and a half decent charger, also a good high torque metal geared servo. Any help would be great!!

Cheers, Sean

Karl Dransfield
28-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi Sean,

The new V12CE (circuit edition) contains all you need to be competitive retailing at 89.99. As for electronics, if you want to go BRCA legal, the Hobbywing 120A 1s esc is the most cost efficient and doesn't require you to run a booster for 1s lipo racing. 1s lipos are all pretty much the same price and 1 should be ok. You don't need anything special. Motor wise the Team powers 13.5 seems to be the most popular. I have found this motor to be very fast and easy to set up. For the servo I use the Futaba BLS551, this is a low profile model and provides plenty of space in the car whilst still providing ample speed and torque. You don't need a special charger either, just a charger capable of charging lipo. Hope this helps :)

Karl