PDA

View Full Version : how to setup a b4 for carpet racing (drop inn racing

woo12
29-01-2012, 12:31 PM
how can i setup my associated rtr buggy for carpet racing? (drop inn racing)

colmo
29-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Until Mark Penney comes along, start with....

Tyres:
Front - Schumacher yellow stagger rib or for more steering, cut stagger rib
Rear - Schumacher yellow minispikes or minipins, I find Ballistic Buggy green minispikes also work. Trim a row of spikes off the inner and perhaps outer edges.

Shocks:
Front - 35 wt oil, silver spring (blue might also work, would take away steering). Inner hole (top). Bottom hole (can't remember)
Rear- 30 wt oil, silver spring. Inner hole (top), for bottom hole, inner gives more responsive steering, outer takes steering away - an easy adjustment you can test on the night.

Wheelbase - set to longest on rear especially, to prevent grip rolling.

Links - hmm, can't remember. I'd probably go for a short link on the rear with a washer or two under it on the inside. Not sure about front.

Check these out - for Drop Inn, I'd be tempted to say the carpet setups would be best, grip there is very high:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/SetupSheetsAssociatedRC10B4.html

woo12
29-01-2012, 02:14 PM
how do you ajust the wheelbase? and links

colmo
29-01-2012, 02:41 PM
There are little spacers that move the hubs forward or back relative to the wishbones. Links are adjusted by repositioning ballstuds and by putting washers under them to alter angles.

Check out the 'Setups' thread in the Associated forim as well as the notes on setting up the B4 on Petitrc.

woo12
29-01-2012, 04:43 PM
O thanks

lsdevey
29-01-2012, 10:12 PM
i ran a b4 on carpet for bout 4 years i used blue springs all round .piston 2 in the front shocks and no1 in rear 35w front 30w rear middle hole in both towers. outside hole front wishbones inner hole on rear.top links as kit .short wheel base .yellow mini pins all round. idid try silver springs on rear but car was easier to drive with blue springs. dont 4get to put weight in car. hope this helps:thumbsup:

av4625
29-01-2012, 10:26 PM
the surface at drop inn is more astroturf than carpet is it not?

colmo
29-01-2012, 11:15 PM
the surface at drop inn is more astroturf than carpet is it not?

The way it has been laid (directly on concrete), no underlay, makes it behave more like carpet - it's a lot gripper than the few astro tracks I've tried.