PDA

View Full Version : Need more steering

gazoff
01-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Ran the Pred X11 (stick) for the first time at the weekend, Car felt great but needed more steering in low speed tight corners.

Medium grip astro track

Ran yellow springs, 30wt oil , 2 hole pistons on front.

Red springs, 30wt oil, 2 hole pistons, anti roll bar, on rear.

Do I need one way ?

Too grip on rear ?

Do I need to add weight ?

:confused:

MHeadling
01-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Set up sounds ok, one major thing I used was the 72mm steering link, more ackerman, made a big difference to the low speed steering

restimax
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
you need the pushrod short to the front...

Team No Idea
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Set up sounds ok, one major thing I used was the 72mm steering link, more ackerman, made a big difference to the low speed steering

Spot on Mark the steering link does make a diffence to mid corner steering.

pieterke
03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm allways driving the blue spring at the front of the car, it makes the car more reactive and I have allways a lot of steer with it

The short pushrodmod is also good.
Do you have any weight under the front shocks?

jordan1
03-02-2012, 08:37 PM
i run 40grams under frontshocks, front push rod mod, and the 72mm steering link on my car

gwesty
03-02-2012, 09:05 PM
try with out rear roll bar , or lay rear shocks over 1 hole on tower

Team No Idea
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
With regards to steering/setup i have always picked up various tips form other drivers over the last few years, some of which is accurate and others (as i found out the other day) were completely opposite to what they should be! lol. I have been searching the interweb over the last few days and found this really helpful guide, i looks like its mainly aimed a touring cars but the theory is still there. Take a wee look :thumbsup: it may help!
http://richardchang.com/hobby/rctips_tc_summary.pdf

gazoff
04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup:

Got lots of things to try.

Noticed that the inside wheel was hitting the wishbone on full lock so I have taken away some of the material.

The link fitted to the car is a standard straight turnbuckle, changed this to 72mm

Short link on front suspension already fitted.

Hope to give it a run next weekend. So will have a play around with springs etc.