PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a noob

gazmond
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Hello,

Have been thinking of taking the plunge into leccy off road for a while and as you guys aren't too far from me was hoping to make it down to say hello in the next couple of weeks, when is the next meeting?

I've already bought myself a 210 and have all the Electrics I need as I've been running TC sporadically over at Aldershot for about 8 months however I was wondering if anyone knows a sensible spur/pinion size to start with? Also is there a half decent setup I could steal? :-)

Hopefully meet some of you soon.

Cheers

Gaz

Dr_UpGrade
07-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Gaz, welcome! There's a few of us that run 210's at SHRCCC... What motor and speedo have you got? I run an LRP TC mk1 speedo with a 6.5turn motor and run std spur and a 21 pinion. For indoors, I'm running 35wt in the front and 45wt in the back. Cut staggers on the front and yellow minipins on the back is a pretty good start...

What else would you like to know? I've tried both the 1.5 and 3 degree antisquat and think I prefer the 3 degree. I also run inline front end and 30 degree castor.

Cheers,

Mark

gazmond
07-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi, will be running a HW speedo latest mod software with a 8.5t motor, will run with the throttle EPA down a bit (although I'll probably still spend most of the time on my roof :p)

Thanks for the setup tips the kit is still in its box upstairs I'm dying to start building it but figured I may as well gather all the info I need before I start otherwise I'll end up doing everything a couple of times :thumbsup:

Do the cut staggers fit straight onto the Durango wheels? All the places I've seen staggers listed they are described as "slim".

Dudders
07-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Gazmond,

Welcome to off road.

We're down on Thursday this week from 7.00pm.

Pop in and say Hello :thumbsup:

neil_p
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
I just run the staggers on the inside of the inboard rim. You can cut the inboard part off to make it neat, but I dont bother, has no affect at all.

I have found running some weight under the lipo has settled the car on carpet. Currently using 66grams from Rudebits. Come across on thursday and speak to us who run the 210.

Dudders
07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Dobber runs a 210 as well. Get your car built as when you come down you'll wish you brought it down!

Dr_UpGrade
08-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Told you there were a few of us running 210's!!! And yes the cut staggers generally fit on full width wheels with inserts.. See ya soon!

Mark

Dudders
19-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Will we have an unveiling this week?

gazmond
19-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I certainly hope so it even comes complete with crap rattle can paint job :woot:

The only thing that might stop me is work, what's the latest I can get away with turning up? Bleeding manager has booked a weekly recurring meeting every Thursday at 5 that might go on a bit.

I'll also need to pick someones brains about setting my slipper up, any volunteers :-) ???

Dudders
19-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Slipper setting, no problem, most can do that, no problem.

Theoretically you can arrive whenever as the software allows us to add you at any point... But we normally have booking in done around 7.20pm ish and racing at 7.30pm.

Neil

gazmond
19-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Great roll on Thursday :-)

TARTMAN
19-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Great roll on Thursday :-)

You wont regret it.......... LOADS of fun...............

:thumbsup: