PDA

View Full Version : Newbie B4 Owner ( Kinda )

Chrisfoster1971
08-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I've just purchased a B4 for my 5 year old to use at the local RC clubs. ( possibly borrow it on occasion ;) )

I'd like some help on what to do and not to do to make his experience as good as possible, so he doesn't loose confidence etc as the car drives ok etc etc.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290665471561

This is the car we've won for him. To date he's only ever had cheap toy versions like Lightning Mcqueen etc so speed has never been an issue. I've got a tamiya silver can which I can drop in if it'll fit and can drop an etronix receiver in it so we can turn the throttle epa down so he can't go to quick.

Are there any bits I can get from other models as they have they are cross over models etc. I've grabbed some setup sheets of a B4 site so I can set it up for carpet etc. I expect he will break something so any recommendations for hop ups etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

racingdwarf
08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
B4's a great car, but as I found to my surprise at club when beginers buy one the front end can be a little week. I would go for following

Brass bulkhead
brass or nylon front brace (screws to the brass bulkhead with mutch better larger screws)
Maybe with a driver of 5 I would look at maybe alloy front uprights and stub axel holders etc,I don't normaly like them:eh?:,but I think you maywell need to go for strength.

The back end of the car is quite strong maybe the odd rear tower, but get a couple of sets of wing mounts,as they tend to go if the car has a hard landing on the wing. front shock shafts,shock ends seem another favorite...infact after some thought get as many bits for the front end as you can

You will want to add a bit of weight to the rear of the car to balance all the brass up at the front.

Keep it slow,what I forgot as I have been driving for years is,, we let off the throtle as things start to go wrong, thus impacts are softer and break less KIDS DON'T!:lol::woot: you can stand at the side of the track watching it all go wrong and they are still flat out! thus the resulting impact is nearly always a bigun

Thing I found with kids is hold as many spairs as poss, as they can break bits you would never have thought of:lol:.

Supercoolnothing
09-02-2012, 12:28 AM
T-Bone racing front bumper and maybe a rear one too I've got one fitted to the front of my cars (B4.1 and a hyper 7 nitro buggy)and so does another lad that I race with. They protect a lot more of the front end than the stock bumper and don't look too bad into the bargain. They're made from delrin and I'm sure T-Bone say they have a lifetime guarantee and if you manage to break one they'll replace it free of charge (I might be wrong on that part but I'm pretty sure I'm not)

Martijn
09-02-2012, 03:45 PM
here is also some good information:
www.oople.com/rc/photos/b4wife/

Chrisfoster1971
09-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the replies and some good stuff in the links, certainly given me some good starting points.

Its been posted today so fingers crossed it'll be here in time for his birthday on Monday. Greg who sold it me has charged the battery in preparation as well.

Looking forward to it.... possibly more than lado.:D