PDA

View Full Version : NEW TOY

tisher
14-02-2012, 05:53 PM
just got the new cars for the season for me and Vaughn hopefully be able to take my driving to the next level now:thumbsup:
Cancelled the durango due to them not getting them in stock:thumbdown:
so gone for something race proven:)
I will be running vaughns for him on friday with a 10.5 in it with it being 2nd hand want to make sure it runs okay.
Looking forward to building mine as its the first time I have bought brand new :thumbsup: might take me a few weeks tho

Wupding
15-02-2012, 12:09 PM
And the new toy is............

P.s. well done on Sunday

tisher
15-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Cheers pal it was a tuff 24hours:)

I am gone for a b44.1 new for me and a 2nd b44 for vaughn:thumbsup:
hopefully will be able to push it harder than the old zx5 lazer
running vaughns on friday with the 10.5 in it to make sure its race ready for him its going to be a big step up for him from a b4 rtr brushed

Wupding
15-02-2012, 05:43 PM
If you need my set up that I use at rubble just let me know....

One thing I would say to change is when you build the gearbox...it says to shim it 4 to 2....... I shimmed mine after some helpful advice to 5 to 1..... Otherwise once the gearbox beds in it has been known to shred the gearbox....

I ave run mine from new at 5/1 since I bought it new.... Never let me down

If I would have known that you were considering a b44.1.... You could have raced mine last week

P.s you will not be disappointed..... I LOVE my b44.1

tisher
15-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I have built it 5to1 shim on the back and 4 to2 on the front which made it feel about right might swop the front over now tho are you running the standard diff balls?

The Bod
15-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Good choice.

You will be able to help me with the setup on mine :):):)

Wupding
15-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I am running the standard diff balls.....

When I rebuild my doffs before the north west nationals.... I will replace them with ceramic ones... Who do you recommend? Buds??

tisher
15-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Yep Budsballs are the best I am going to do mine once I have settled the car in going to take it easy on it for the first few meetings .
I will run mine once I get Matt to paint it for me so for now I have got to do a bit of setting up on Vaughns one when I run it on friday hoping the spur gear is going to be alright as looks a bit iffy:blush:

tisher
15-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Good choice.

You will be able to help me with the setup on mine :):):)

give me a few weeks with it Graham and then it will be no worries:thumbsup:

The Bod
16-02-2012, 07:51 PM
give me a few weeks with it Graham and then it will be no worries:thumbsup:

Good stuff matey. See you tomorrow night :lol:

tisher
16-02-2012, 08:16 PM
managed to get the car built:thumbsup:sounds a little tight although the diffs are beautiful first new car I have built since getting back in to racing hopefully it will be alright might give it one heat tommorrrow in between running Vaughns
even spinning it round the living room I can tell it will be quick on the track:)

Rigaxe
16-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Aren't they a joy to build I really enjoyed building mine too lol 2 more 44's to the pack cooooollll:thumbsup:

tisher
17-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Yea it was really great to build it is very well labeled and almost builds itself:lol: the only thing that concerns me with it is that the slipper even with the tensioner wound right off you can not turn it and make it slip but I am used to kyoshos where you had to run everything loose I will just take it easy on it in one of the heats tonight just to bed everything in I think

coleman758
17-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Yea it was really great to build it is very well labeled and almost builds itself:lol: the only thing that concerns me with it is that the slipper even with the tensioner wound right off you can not turn it and make it slip but I am used to kyoshos where you had to run everything loose I will just take it easy on it in one of the heats tonight just to bed everything in I think

Lmao....

So its gone from:

1) It going to take me a few weeks to build

TO

2) Its Built

To

3) May run it between heats.....

TO

4) Run it in a heat

In about a day hahaaa!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

tisher
17-02-2012, 02:50 PM
lmao:lol: I was bored yesterday it only took me about 3 hours to build cant be letting you boys push me about with the little b4:lol: