PDA

View Full Version : which clubs

total newbie
16-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Hello, I was wondering which clubs run in the north west regional series?
Im asking so can plan ahead.
Thanks in advance.

burgie
16-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Last year was:-
Southport
Bury Metro
South Lakes
Batley
Keighley.

This year, all of the above clubs with the exception of Keighley are again hosting rounds as far as I know.

Chris

DanW
16-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Last year was:-
Southport
Bury Metro
South Lakes
Batley
Keighley.

This year, all of the above clubs with the exception of Keighley are again hosting rounds as far as I know.

Chris

Looks like Batley are back in the North East with 2x rounds this year... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93048

Keighley has closed.

DianneH
16-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I would like to clear up any misconceptions relating to Batley regional meetings.

Batley hosted meetings in the North East and the North West regions last year as our members are divided between the two regions. As discussed last year when it was posted as a topic on the forum, this is something that a number of other clubs do or have done in the past. A club can host meetings in different regions.

We are hosting meetings in the NE again this year but we are not doing 2 rounds, as your post indicates - we are doing 1 round of 2wd and 1 round of 4wd but are running them on separate days. All other clubs in the region are hosting a weekend meeting with one class on the Saturday and one on the Sunday.

This system is of benefit to drivers in the region as the classes are alternated at the weekend meetings and then one club runs on Sundays only. This gives all drivers the chance to enter the series for each class (3 meetings from 5) even if they cannot race on Saturdays due to work or family commitments.

We have offered to host a round of each class again in the NW as we have many members that race in the NW region, and this was accepted.

sly
17-02-2012, 07:53 AM