PDA

View Full Version : B44.1 Help

tisher
17-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Just built up my new b44.1 must say great bit of kit to build oozes quality:thumbsup:
Just a quick question no matter how much I wind off the slipper I just can not make it slip any ideas?
on the kyosho you could hold the car down on the ground and make the slipper move by pushing by hand

mattybucks
17-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Just built up my new b44.1 must say great bit of kit to build oozes quality:thumbsup:
Just a quick question no matter how much I wind off the slipper I just can not make it slip any ideas?
on the kyosho you could hold the car down on the ground and make the slipper move by pushing by hand

Did you compress the spring before putting the slipper assembley together?

MiCk B.
17-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Have you set / built the slipper as per the manual. It's a good starting point.

MiCk B. :-)

tisher
17-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Did you compress the spring before putting the slipper assembley together?

Nope should I have it does not metion it in the destructions

Wupding
17-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Tish.... Where you live?

tisher
17-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I am over in stockport budy

jameswilkinson7
17-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Martin, I'm off to ribble tonight, Ill fetch my b44.1 along, just copy that, I think your going to be very happy with it, its an awesome car. :)

tisher
17-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Cheers James you can have a look at it and see if I have done anything wrong I am going to pull it back out and double check tho
what you running tonight pal

Wupding
17-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I may be a bit simple... but i am a little confused as to what you are asking....

I am over in Stockport tonight working on the M&S Food on Commercial Road in Hazel Grove.... So no racing for me tonight

I will be travelling to site while your on your way up to Ribble Valley. Best thin i can suggest is go and see the oracle called Ed ( luke & Josh Holdsworth Grandad) He helped me out a lot setting the slipper clutch etc on my car when i first got it

Wupding
17-02-2012, 12:27 PM
In between your top deck there is a blue aluminum piece that comes out fo the back of the diff.... If you rotate this you will see a little hole

If you put the car on the floor and put a allen key into the whole.you simply push/pull on the floor to loosen or tighten the diff, the allen key will jam against the side of the upper deck and lock the drive train.....adjust to suit... take out the allen key and your ready to go

jameswilkinson7
17-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Cheers James you can have a look at it and see if I have done anything wrong I am going to pull it back out and double check tho
what you running tonight pal

I'm taking my son, Jack. Not sure if I'm going to race myself or not... If I do it will be my X6.

I just set the slipper so it slips a tiny bit, just enough so the diffs arnt taking too much abuse. Diff gears are easy to strip if the slipper is too tight. Especially when landing jumps and breaking. Also make sure the rubber o ring on the slipper nut is seated properly, if that comes out it will slacken its self off all the time. Another thing to do is flip the steering arm, it makes the steering less aggressive, Ill show you on mine.

tisher
17-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Cheers for the replies guys just had it out and compressed the spring refited back as manual and its perfect now shame it does not tell you this in the manual Happy bunny now as it feels spot on and should not trash my diffs first time out:thumbsup:

tisher
17-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm taking my son, Jack. Not sure if I'm going to race myself or not... If I do it will be my X6.

I just set the slipper so it slips a tiny bit, just enough so the diffs arnt taking too much abuse. Diff gears are easy to strip if the slipper is too tight. Especially when landing jumps and breaking. Also make sure the rubber o ring on the slipper nut is seated properly, if that comes out it will slacken its self off all the time. Another thing to do is flip the steering arm, it makes the steering less aggressive, Ill show you on mine.

I have got bit of setting up to do myself tonight setting up my sons b44 I got 2nd for him so I might be a bit slow he is going from a b4 rtr to a b44 brushless so I have stuck a 10.5 in for him I just want to race it make sure its all okay and I might have a bit of a cheeky heat with the new one:woot:also trying out nanobites as well to see if there any good:)

mattybucks
17-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Cheers for the replies guys just had it out and compressed the spring refited back as manual and its perfect now shame it does not tell you this in the manual Happy bunny now as it feels spot on and should not trash my diffs first time out:thumbsup:

Sorry mate, only just got back on. Glad you sorted it. I always compress the slipper spring as it helps to bed it in so to speak.

tisher
17-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry mate, only just got back on. Glad you sorted it. I always compress the slipper spring as it helps to bed it in so to speak.

was a good tip that buddy I knew it did not seem just right I wonder how many people just run them straight off build like that and trash there diffs
soon as i compressed it . It set perfect straight away got it set just enough so that it slips before the diffs do.. just as it should be:thumbsup: