PDA

View Full Version : Kiddy set-up

telboy
25-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Hey people,
Looking for a good basic set-up for kiddy. Never run this car before so need help. :)

Cheers

Chrislong
25-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Which car though matey? :lol:

telboy
25-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Sorry, X-6.:blush::lol::p

Big E
26-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Here's how I will be going there with mine.

Not got a set up from last year as things have moved on with the 4 gear etc but I know this will be pretty much on it. :thumbsup:

Ask away if there are any questions though.

E.

Chrislong
26-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I have one which will be useful to all, for me Kiddy setups seem to work well in the dry, damp or wet, the only time grip is low is damp really. Would you change anything for the damp or wet conditions?

tony12795
26-03-2008, 08:38 PM
A quick question for you X6 experts:-

I have tried both Pink and Red springs on the rear and I do prefer the Pink’s, well I have my best result with pink’s, but I am not sure what the differences are in relationship to X6 handling?

I noticed Ellis was running pinks and all ways runs them. I also noticed that Dan G was running reds as was Chris L.

The pinks seem very very soft? (Running reds pistons with 30wt Losi Oil)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

telboy
26-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Cheers for that Ellis. Do you always run with the front that stiff? It has the asso' shocks, is there much difference between them?

I'll get it stipped down now and get the 4 gear tranny in.

Cheers:thumbsup:

super__dan
26-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Ellis runs slightly different shock positions to me and he has recently been running a roll bar. I do run pinks often (last year usually) outdoors though, certainly if it's damp.

Chrislong
26-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I ran yellows for a while last year, with pinks for high grip. But now with the 4 gear I am running reds a lot more and pinks for a bit more grip when I need it.

Lee
26-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Cheers for that Ellis. Do you always run with the front that stiff? It has the asso' shocks, is there much difference between them?

I'll get it stipped down now and get the 4 gear tranny in.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Tel, i preferred the car on ae shocks, it was a lot sharper, i felt the losi ones killed the car. I ran silvers all round and losi red pistons 35 front and 30 rear. This was with the 3 gear box though:D

super__dan
26-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Setup isn't that different, the car is just better! ;)

telboy
26-03-2008, 10:57 PM
What wings do people use? I noticed that the kit one is Huuaagge.
Have you run different wings, if so what was the verdict?

mattym0310
26-03-2008, 11:43 PM
i would say the kit wing is better when cut down and mounted forward [like dans where it is cut around the shock tower, personal preference] but i found these quite weak, being the animal that i am, and so use a JC 7" one i think they are?? as i find them a lot stronger, don't understand why as they are made by the same manufacturer :confused:

Chrislong
27-03-2008, 09:52 AM
The kit wing is strong if you make some bigger lexan rings to mount it on and use a good tight washer under the bodyclip so it can;t move - I use B4 ones.

Some people cut the buttons off the wing, drill and screw the wing on using B4 blue axle washers as big washers to spread the load, again this is strong.

I have tried other wings, and other wing mounts, and the best setup by far is with the kit wing mount and wing, but cut so it mounts about 1inch forward with no gurney.

Chris

telboy
27-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Cheers dude and dudettes!:thumbsup:

Big E
27-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Right I will try and answer all questions in one post :bored:

Pinks springs are one softer than red, they feel soft static but it all depends on how they feel round the track and 8 out of 10 times the pinks are better, the reds just tend to make it jump around a little too much at the rear.

I have only played with ae shocks a little and to be fair I couldn't get it anywhere near as good as with the losi so not dead sure really. They were better landing the jumps but just made it understeer on power really badly and were not so good round the bendy bits. I always run the black front spring unless I need more steering but outdoors I don't normally need anymore. Black is not too hard, just a touch harder than ae blue I think?

I have only tried the roll bar outdoors once, it is there just incase I need some steering!! I use it at Worksop but I won't be starting with it at Kiddy.

I use the kit wing, moved forward and low and cut round the tower and with no gurney. I have tried a few others but tend to go back to this most times. I do run a front wing as well though as it helps on the jumps.

E.