PDA

View Full Version : Contact Vs Exceed Foams

Wynney
22-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Seems to be the latest tyre manufacturers form 1/12th foams, and reasonably priced to boot with good feedback - but which is better?

SlowOne
22-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Contact shades it for me as the gluing is better and the foam is tougher. And they are made in the UK... and they are only £8 a pair... What's not to like? HTH :)

GhostlyRock
22-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I've used both, at present I'm using Contacts, but.........at the National this weekend I broke 3 brand new wheels, so I'm unsure wether to stick or return to Xceed.

Wynney
24-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Thats frustrating, for a moment it almost sounded like a clear decision; breaking wheels is not good.

SlowOne
24-02-2012, 06:49 PM
You've got to whack 'em hard. If you do a lot of board-tapping it might be a consideration. I've done my share of board-whacking and not had a single problem.

I asked for issues with wheels to be brought to me so I could feedback to Contact. I received four wheels all weekend at Teesside, three from Ghostly. I've broken more Xceed wheels than Contacts I've seen broken. And as for CRC wheels... Jaco wheels don't break, but then again they are not round and the bearings don't fit properly.

You are more likely to chunk tyres or tear them leading to unusable tyres. In that respect the Contacts are the best I've used.

I've switched to Contacts because they resist chunking and tearing better than anything else I've used, and that's cost me more money than any amount of wheel breakage. Your money, your call. HTH :)

GhostlyRock
24-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Two of them came from being rear ended by faster cars on Sunday, the other I'm not sure how, probably from clipping a barrier.

Not to worry though, just bought 4 more sets of rears, so guess I've chosen Contacts as the way forward. I do like the way they seem to work though, and I can get them from my LHS, a big plus!

Wynney
24-02-2012, 09:53 PM
That's less frustrating, sounds like they may be the way to go, shame they're not on black rims though, IMHO black is better as white shows the marks

Thanks