PDA

View Full Version : National Entry Mess up !!!!!

Wraggy
26-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I will probably be shot down in flames here but i am still going to comment as I feel very upset by whatís happened :mad:

It appears from talking to a couple of people lately that the BRCA have made an almighty mess with the national entries this year.
I donít really want to name names but people need to sort out who is in and who isnít and before Kiddy !!!!
I know of an F2 who is only in for 4wd and on the res list for all 2wd events even though there entry was in well before closing date, but yet an F5 has got in for everything!
And would you believe it an F1 has been told he is on the Res list!!!! Even though there entry was sent well before Final day.
Even those F1ís that had not entered received and Email before closing date telling them there entry had not been received (but this F1 driver never got anything)

Donít mean to sound funny but you expect these people to represent the UK at the Eurosí and this is what they get.:thumbdown:

Lee
26-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I think its funny how an f2 driver has got into one class but not the other:confused:

Surely if its on the same entry form and befor the deadline then he/she would be in for both, maybe it is a mistake but i doubt there is anything that can be done now, as they wont kick someone out of the meeting, i guess all they can do is bump them to the top of the reserve list:confused:

Adam Skelding
26-03-2008, 11:43 AM
This does seem very odd.
Normally the entry system seems to run perfectly, but I guess as the numbers have ramped up recently to over-subscribed events we may see this happen.

Sending your entry in well before the date does not always guarantee it will get there before the date, due to Royal 'Snail' mail having the ability to loose important documents for a while.

Did the parties get their confirmation of entries back? If so, then I would imagine they have serious grounds for complaint.

The parties need to get on to their regional rep and or contact the entry secretary directly to find out the problem......

ashleyb4
26-03-2008, 11:45 AM
One question did they include a SAE for conformation of there entry i see what you mean about the f2 driver but if the f1 drivers entry was never recieved then it isnt the BRCA's fault.

A

Lee
26-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Maybe an online entry system next year, that way people can enter via a website the brca can select them in the same way as this year and then F1`s F2`s and so on then the reserve list, it could all be visible too so people can raise an issue earlier if their name isnt on "the" list and should be.

Just a thought:confused:

millzy
26-03-2008, 11:51 AM
what i if you dont have access to a pc?

Lee
26-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Go to the library, its free:p

Wraggy
26-03-2008, 11:53 AM
One question did they include a SAE for conformation of there entry i see what you mean about the f2 driver but if the f1 drivers entry was never recieved then it isnt the BRCA's fault.

A
maybe so Ash but other F1 driver's who had not entered recieved an emails before entry close just to check . this person never recieved anything !! so gathered that enrty had been recieved and was in ..and will be a massive loss to the season if they are not in ...

Lee
26-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Is it a regular top ten driver wraggy?:confused:

millzy
26-03-2008, 11:55 AM
delted

Northy
Were licenses up to date? Some people were panicking that they hadn't re-newed thiers.

It's really all about being organised.

G

DCM
it isnt hard to even set up a spreadsheet that will sort on your grading and events entered, it does sound like there has been an error somewhere, maybe a quick call to the BRCA off-road chairman might be better than trying to work out how it has gone wrong.

But Paul was right to bring it to the attention of other racers.

Wraggy
26-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Is it a regular top ten driver wraggy?:confused:
yes mate ..

Wraggy
26-03-2008, 11:56 AM
we on about ?
i didnt mention any name Chris and dont really want to either ..

Lee
26-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Thats bad!!!

The previous years top 10 should be guaranteed entry its only fair.

Northy
26-03-2008, 11:57 AM
If it was me, I'd just ring PW.

G

Body Paint
26-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I left mine till a bit late, 1 week before closing. I had no email, and neither would I expect it. I sent SAE which came back to me 2 or 3 days later, which was a couple of days before closing. Can't fault the service from my end.

I do think that the PO BOX thing ought to be loked at though, as you have no way of gauranteeing your entry arrives if you send it late. I would have sent mine special delivery to ensure it arrived and was signed for, if I could have, to avoid me getting a bit of a sweat on.

I also think online entry should be made possible, but not mandatory. Maybe a proposal for next AGM.

telboy
26-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Online entry should be done. It's so much easier, and as said, if the entries are made viewable then you can raise a querey if theres something wrong.

ashleyb4
26-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Also it wouldnt have taken them 5 minutes to drop PW or CF a e-mail or ring them to make sure.

A

Chrislong
26-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Also it wouldnt have taken them 5 minutes to drop PW or CF a e-mail or ring them to make sure.

A

Im pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate all the calls though - its not PW or CF who take the entries, the address is Bolton.

Wraggy
26-03-2008, 12:57 PM

A
why would you do that though ? i never sent off a SAE and never even thought about checking but got in fine

losixxx
26-03-2008, 01:04 PM
but paul thats fine a gamble but fine, by enclosing a SAE at least you get confirmation of receipt of entry...using this method would mean things like this posibly not happening and paul w not being bombarded with e-mails

not a dig m8, but honestly don't think this should have been put on a forum...the committee do most of the time a thankless job work hard for no pay so problems should be sorted between the individuals concerned..

Wraggy
26-03-2008, 01:11 PM
it has just been confirmed to me that the matter concerning the F2 driver has been sorted, apparently it was a mistake on the entry pack and he was in for all events from the begining so i will publically apologise to those concerned and was not ment as slander in any way .

Lee
26-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I just hope the f1 driver gets in, it would be a shame to have one of the best drivers in the world missing
:thumbdown:

Nick Goodall
26-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I just hope the f1 driver gets in, it would be a shame to have one of the best drivers in the world missing
:thumbdown:

Think it's done and dusted now anyway :cry:

Lee
26-03-2008, 01:16 PM
That doesnt sound too promising nick??:confused:

Lee Martin
26-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Maybe it was the national drivers fault for not checking.......#

but phone calls from america are expensive.... and not something that was on their mind at the time! but oh well.......

Lee
26-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Is he in then:confused:

Lee Martin
26-03-2008, 01:45 PM
nope.......but a reserve none the less....its ok...somethings just mess up at the wrong times

tyreman
26-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Hopefully you will get into 4 of the 6, you just need to make each round you do count, good luck anyway mate.

Lee Martin
26-03-2008, 01:57 PM
well have to wait and see.....maybe its time for a change...

Body Paint
26-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Gutted for you Pidge, :cry:, fingers crossed you get in to them all though. I'd guess your fairly high on the reserve list.

I am definately writing a proposal for online entry, I know the Micro section is doing online entries for 08/09 so maybe it has to be a sectional thing rather than going through central booking. I'll look into how the Micros set their entries up and chuck a proposal together in time for AGM. I for one wouldn't mind paying a few extra pennies to be able to pay via paypal aswell.

Lee
26-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah online is good, the onroad section has done it for about 3 years now, seems to work fine.

They also pay via paypal i think.

Gutted for you too pidge:thumbdown:

Northy
26-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Gutted for you Pidge, :cry:, fingers crossed you get in to them all though. I'd guess your fairly high on the reserve list.

I guess that would be first come first served though.

G

Wraggy
26-03-2008, 02:16 PM
maybe its time for a change...
shutup man !!!! you know you love us :wub

Nick Goodall
26-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Fecking ruuuubbish isn't it? Good job we didn't get a national i guess dude, but then at least you could have watched racing from Bed :D

Seriously though it's very frustrating, i know it's down to the racers to make sure they're in and get entries in on time etc, but you would "hope" that it would be noticed that certain drivers haven't entered or something, i know it's not up to the BRCA at all but it's just a shame that the Nat's will simply be less competitive at the sharp end all because of the damn postman - Everyone loses out really, even people that turn up just to watch some racing!

Still....... it could work out better for Lee in the long run!

JCJC
26-03-2008, 02:19 PM
well have to wait and see.....maybe its time for a change...

Pit bitch for Trish !!:thumbsup:

mayhem
26-03-2008, 02:26 PM
pit bitch for me he must owe me big time lol:p

Kash
26-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Last Years Champ not defending his title :thumbdown: Oh dear :cry:

c0sie
26-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Pidge, come race micro.

We need someone who can give Harris a run for his money. Atleast you know your entry is practically garentueed!

GRIFF55
26-03-2008, 03:11 PM
gutted for you mate:cry:. Your bound to be granted a place being the defending champ an all? You still going for the beers though right??

Body Paint
27-03-2008, 01:16 PM
apparently not ALL the national are full, there are still one or two places left (litterally 1 or 2) so you should be OK Pidge:thumbsup:

OldTimer
27-03-2008, 01:22 PM
apparently not ALL the national are full, there are still one or two places left (litterally 1 or 2) so you should be OK Pidge:thumbsup:

Its a bit different from last year, if you were a F3 you were not 100% sure you would get in, this year most F5 have got in, and some meetings still have the odd place left, not a 20-30 plus reserve list like last year.

grumpy
27-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Be even less drivers if they keep shooting the messenger
the only winners will be other off road classes

Wraggy
27-03-2008, 01:38 PM
deleted post

Lee
27-03-2008, 01:49 PM
i doubt it, i think the main reason that the numbers have dropped slightly is the fact that people, thought they wouldnt get in so didnt bother entering, and also the tracks picked.

Nick Goodall
27-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Maybe people haven't bothered entering as they thought there was no point (if they were F5's etc) - Or maaayyyybe it's the fact that every man and his dog seems to be racing 1/8th now??

jim76
27-03-2008, 01:59 PM
there's been a definite shift to the south with the tracks this year which may have put off some from the long treks

millzy
27-03-2008, 02:05 PM
wales is full ive been told so coming to south wales cant be that much of a put off

GRIFF55
27-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Quality place wales,:thumbsup:

RogerM
27-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I think the cell situation might have put a few off too ..... not knowing if they'd need new cells or not till they got confirmation etc .....

c0sie
27-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Quality place wales,:thumbsup:
Am yet to find a decent chinese selling decent THICK curry sauce yet though on the way to Harris' club lol

GRIFF55
27-03-2008, 06:44 PM
tenby is the place for those things:p

Al3xis007
27-03-2008, 06:57 PM
so for next year there should be a page on the brca site giving a list of ppl who are in from the day the letter is recieved.
i forgot the sae and was worrying about the letter being lost, i just emailed paul w like ash said and the info pack came the next day.

is lee martin in??? heard he's not in from someone??

(another point for me if he's not)