PDA

View Full Version : SMD appointed distributor for JQ Products

jimmy
26-03-2008, 09:07 PM
SMD, Jamie Boothes company, announced they are to be the exclusive UK distributors for the upcoming new range from JQproducts. JQproducts is the company started by Joseph Quagraine with backing from Himoto to build a range of accessories and a 1/8th scale buggy for the competition market.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/smdjq.jpg

The oople team caught up with Jooseph at the recent neo08 race & we can exclusively reveal that Joseph also hopes to create a 10th off road ELECTRIC buggy at some point - Both SMD and JQ are friends of oople & we wish the best of luck.

Read the story on the Spire Models website. http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/

bigred5765
26-03-2008, 09:23 PM
awsome news
well done jb
looking forward to seeing the new 1/10th

jimmy
26-03-2008, 09:26 PM
might be a while, I imagine JQ is hard at work with his new company, but he was serious about it. I think he is attending the Finnish GP at the Vaasa track later this year but will be racing other manufacturers cars at that event.

showtime
26-03-2008, 11:43 PM
the main push is to get the 8th car built & thoroughly tested before the Worlds this year with a (hopefull) general release for early 2009 :thumbsup:
Jo doesn't want the cars sold until he's happy they're right!
there have been cases of new cars rushed out into the market place without decent testing that have bombed badly! Team Magic anyone?? :thumbdown:

jimmy
26-03-2008, 11:56 PM
lol, reputation demolished!:lol:

JQ knows his biz!

Northy
27-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I thought JQ was retarded? :lol:

Nah, he's a really nice guy, good to meet him last weekend :thumbsup:

G

"JQ"
27-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I am. Its no secret. But I get along ok.

Anyway. How can I get hold of some RC Pineapple decals. They are cool, cause I am known around the world for being crazy about pineapple. In Italy I invented a desert in the local restarurant, which is a 1/4 slice of a whole pineapple, with lemon icecream on it. After I had it other people pointed at it and wanted the same (people that were at different tables)

And ever since then I have been known as Pineapple in Italy. When I book a table at the restaurant, they write Pineapple on the reservation card.

Also, My mates bought me a six pack of canned pineapple after I won the Nordics in Norway one year.

So I would like some of them decals man!:thumbsup:

jimmy
27-03-2008, 03:37 PM
rc-pineapple have a new driver! it's official! Joseph Quagraine, superstar!

RC Pineapple decals will be on their way to you soon JQ :)

Northy
27-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi JQ,

I'm the guy who was well impressed with how your sirname is pronunced, what is it again....

Coc... oh, I don't know ;)

Glad to have you aboard! :D

G

jamiebooth
27-03-2008, 07:05 PM
And i would like to propose a change of name for one of the sponsors.

Camel-toe racing ???

JQ I hate Pineaple ! Its about the only thing i dont eat, as my awesome physique will comfirm !

jb

RogerM
27-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey Jamie, welcome to oople.

Glad to see SMD going from strength to strength!

bigred5765
27-03-2008, 07:19 PM
And i would like to propose a change of name for one of the sponsors.

Camel-toe racing ???

JQ I hate Pineaple ! Its about the only thing i dont eat, as my awesome physique will comfirm !

jb

Classic
:lol:sign me up ill have a bit of camel toe lmfao:p
love pineapple

jamiebooth
27-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey Jamie, welcome to oople.

Glad to see SMD going from strength to strength!

Been meaning to join for a while.

SMD getting bigger has been hard work and helped along by few favours from some kind people (Jimmy Oople take a bow)

jimmy
27-03-2008, 07:40 PM
lol, more like your hard work Jamie

Hey, if JQ were to eventually make that hoped-for electric buggy - maybe you'd be giving that a whirl, like the good ole days Jimbob:thumbsup:

Northy
27-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Now that would be AWESOME! :thumbsup:

G

bigred5765
27-03-2008, 07:54 PM
roll out the mantaray

"JQ"
27-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Well its not my fault some Swedish racers started spreading rumours about the pronunciation of my surname. They are just jealous I guess :cry:

Anygays, I dont mind since a punch in the kidney hurts more than a funny name.

Maybe one day Jamie will have to run electric again!

And on that subject, are any of you guys coming over for the VAASA GP at last years electric offroad Euros track. This year I'm going to get some practice in. Not the 0 practice I had last year. Not very smart I tell you.

jimmy
27-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I fancy it, how about it vicky, can we go?:thumbsup:

kentech
27-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Well done JQ on getting SMD as your UK distributor! Jamie is one of the most knowledgeable and nicest persons I have met.

Hi Jamie :)
Maybe you should join Jimmy for the Vaasa GP this summer? I live 5 minutes from the track....

Northy
27-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I think we'd need to know if there are any titty bars nearby :drool:

G

"JQ"
27-03-2008, 09:06 PM
In Finland you dont need a titty bar cause the Finnish girls are so HOT:lol:

showtime
27-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Joseph, do you remember me asking Carlos (EFRA 1/8 chairman) for directions to the nearest tittybar during the managers meeting at the GP in Norway last year? Funny :lol:

Northy
27-03-2008, 09:22 PM
My wife is getting fat, does that count? :confused:

G

"JQ"
27-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I dont remember events that far back adam. But it must have been funny

Lee
27-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Wasnt it at an efra meeting when during a banquet one of the british lads left the table with one of the other countries reps wife, took her to the toilet, slipped her one and returned back to the table??

showtime
27-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I dont remember events that far back adam. But it must have been funny

thinking about it i reckon it was right near the end of the meeting & you were even later than normal getting there so probably missed it :rolleyes:

Garry Driffill
27-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Wasnt it at an efra meeting when during a banquet one of the british lads left the table with one of the other countries reps wife, took her to the toilet, slipped her one and returned back to the table??

LMAO :lol:

rich_cree
28-03-2008, 12:19 PM
In Finland you dont need a titty bar cause the Finnish girls are so HOT:lol:

He's telling the truth.....