PDA

View Full Version : National Battery Situation

IceMike
29-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I have a question, i know that the rule is a rule. but with the new battery rule i know that some drivers are havin trouble gettin some of the 08 legal cells for the nationals. so if the situation arives where say 1/4 of the field cant get hold of cells for the first national, wot is goin to happen??

bert digler
29-03-2008, 07:47 AM
I have a question, i know that the rule is a rule. but with the new battery rule i know that some drivers are havin trouble gettin some of the 08 legal cells for the nationals. so if the situation arives where say 1/4 of the field cant get hold of cells for the first national, wot is goin to happen??

there plenty of cells stateside (cause they have the sense to go lipo) also demon have the yuntong batteries:thumbsup:

strobe
29-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Last time i looked stormforce had some 08 cells in stock.

pesky badger
29-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Storforce seem to be out of cells at the moment. They should have more matched cells available in the latter part of April. If you want some of these then either go to their web site www.stormforceracing.co.uk (http://www.stormforceracing.co.uk/page1.htm) and use the contact details given, or just e-mail them at sales@stormforceracing.co.uk.

I should be getting some of these :thumbsup:

IceMike
29-03-2008, 09:50 AM
ive got some cells from stormforce, go neil!!! neil is gettin more cells in i was tlkin to him the other day. sounds like they will be here days before the national. and everyone says how we should be gettin things from the states. but if people turn up at the national unable to get there hands on cells wot is goin to happen?

jim76
29-03-2008, 03:10 PM
they won't be racing!
should be enough around for people to get them in time. People just have to be organised and reserve some to avoid the risk.

neiloliver
29-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I am clean out of matched sets and have only two non matched sets left (first come first served). I plan on having many cells by April 15th. Very close to kiddy though... I think everyone will be OK by the second round, but i agree it will be tight for the first round.

N

Dan Cockill
29-03-2008, 06:37 PM
dad has been matching for a few days, has about 20 packs ready i think

tyreman
29-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I think if you can't organise yourself, to get your batteries in the 3 month period before the Nationals start, then I don't think many will sympathise with you.
As it won't be the distributors fault, if everyone waits until the last minute to order cells, then are disapointed when they can't get them, as i wouldn't have thought any distributor is going to keep hundreds of packs of cells on the shelf.

OldTimer
29-03-2008, 07:47 PM
I think you will find some of the cells spec'd for 2008 are maybe not legal, after some were measured today at the indoor finals :o

tyreman
29-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Which cells were they then??

OldTimer
29-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I think it was the EP4500 but i am sure there was others, i think the EP were 0.5mm to long.

RogerM
30-03-2008, 10:23 AM
When you say EP do you mean the E-Power 4500???

losixxx
30-03-2008, 10:40 AM
wouldnt it be more sensible to await any announcement from the BRCA before any scaremongering??

IceMike
30-03-2008, 10:44 AM
neil has alot of time on his hands!!! im sure he measures them all and rechecked them. :P

OldTimer
30-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Just like the announcement if GP3700's are legal or not ;)

Not scaremongering, i am just concerned like other people that have been forced to buy new cells which are on the 08 list, which may not be ok.

Roger as Chris points out it maybe best to hear the official line, i do hope we hear quickly to put peoples minds at rest.

bert digler
30-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Just like the announcement if GP3700's are legal or not ;)

Not scaremongering, i am just concerned like other people that have been forced to buy new cells which are on the 08 list, which may not be ok.

Roger as Chris points out it maybe best to hear the official line, i do hope we hear quickly to put peoples minds at rest.

as long as they are on the list as far as im concerned they are legal if scrutineers are going to measure cells from the list and then say they are illegal the list is pointless but i cant honestly see the electric board saying you cant use em its a manufacturing issue not joe bloggs who buys them from a shops fault;)

RogerM
30-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Not sure what your saying ... can only asume that you saw my post before I removed the question to Neil ..... which I did after about 1 minute as I thought it might get these sort of replies!!!

For those that didn't see it I asked if Neil had measured any of his E-Power 4500s purely as he's the only person I know who has definately handled unassembled E-Power 4500 cells. No other reason and "No I have not measured any" would be a perfectly acceptable answer.

As I say, deleted the question after 1 minute or so of the original post to avoid 100s of people PMing Neil looking for an answer.

neiloliver
30-03-2008, 01:12 PM
All,

I know people are probably wondering why I have not posted on this subject. Rest assured I am looking into this. All I want to say is that I have measured samples of my cells and those samples were in spec (on the limit, but OK). I have forwarded some to the BRCA for checking. I cannot really comment on the sizes of cells from other sources. I will let people know more as I know more.

Best Regards
Neil Oliver

RogerM
30-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I am sure everybody else appreciates your response as much as I do mate.

neiloliver
06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
As promised, an update.

I can confirm that the E Power E4500 Cells supplied by Stormforce Racing are BRCA legal. This has been confirmed to me by the BRCA today. This statement should provide reassurance to those who have already purchased cells or how have open orders.

I am currently out of stock of matched packs but have four unmatched packs in stock. New cell stocks will be arriving around 15th April if people wish to order or register an interest.

Regards
Neil

bigred5765
06-04-2008, 07:42 PM
pm and emailed

Jamie B4
10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I have no cells at the moment and must admit am panicing like crazy however there is nothing that anyone can do. Brian might have 3 months but dosent necessarily mean that you want to go out and buy just any. Some people like to buy from a particular supplier and if they have not got the cells yet what do you do.

MattW
10-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Well, personally I would (and have!) buy from someone that has supplies of what i wanted. I have SHO's for off rd as i believe they are a good off rd cell. As far as i know, these are fairly widely available.

I wanted some 4600's as well, and my usual supplier had been let down on supplies, so, i make some enquires from other sources and was met with a reply along the lines of "yes, have 2 types, which and how many would you like". So cells are out there - there isn't really a reason for people not to have them now.

matdodd
10-04-2008, 10:01 PM
I know quite a few people who have had & are havin problems geting cells Matt. If its that easy to get cells where did you get yours and Jaime can get some from them :thumbsup:

Kopite
11-04-2008, 08:41 AM
if it really was that easy to get cells, then everybody would have them by now, like they did in the seasons preceding this one. do you really think people would try and make it hard for themselves to get cells? no, don't be ridiculous.

just cos there's been a certain amount of time we've had to get the cells, doesn't mean that people can just 'magic' the money from somewhere to get them straight away.

And there's no two ways about it, it IS harder to get cells this year.

I'm not in any way moaning about the new cell rule, it just pisses me off when people say there's no reason why we shouldn't have the cells by now. :mad:

Wraggy
11-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Stan chill man !!! :woot:

losixxx
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
but stan it isnt like its just been announced you need new cells. people have had 4 months to sort out cells and money. this morning mirage still had stock of the SHO'S so it not as if new cells arnt available!

jimmy
11-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't have cells, couldn't afford them before this month and really I don't want to buy them now either but I have to so I can race at Kiddo. I thought it was more like 3 months not 4, but anyways.

neiloliver
11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I have E4500 in transit from Asia and they are due here 15/4. This is not enough time to get them matched for Kiddy though. Matched packs will be available for Oswestry in abundance!

Northy
11-04-2008, 09:21 AM
but stan it isnt like its just been announced you need new cells. people have had 4 months to sort out cells and money. this morning mirage still had stock of the SHO'S so it not as if new cells arnt available!

But Joe Blogs can not order from Mirage, if he walked into his LHS today, they would have to order from Mirage, then ship to his LHS, then he'd get them. :(

The Orions were not in stock last week though I don't think.

G

losixxx
11-04-2008, 09:28 AM
so whats wrong with that northy.....still have them by probably tuesday if you ordered today!
my point being they are in stock so have cells from horizon no shortage as people say

andy reeves
11-04-2008, 09:29 AM
The Orion cells didn't come back into stock at Mirage until this week.

Jamie B4
11-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Totally agree with Stan, I have been advised to get a particular brand and when talking to CML or Mirage the cells are not even in the country so you run the risk of missing a national because the cells are being held up in transit.

What do you do go and buy any that are available just to run for one national and then get rid to replace with the original ones you want - Not good and we always complain about the expense and this is adding to it!!!!!!!

losixxx
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
its was one of the deceiding factors in me not doing nationals this year.

strobe
11-04-2008, 09:37 AM
We have been in this situation before, but with tyres for tiverton. Importers would get them days before the 1st national. Hopefully it is only a few racers who have not got any cells yet. Surelly the importers re doing there best to get cells into the country.

Northy
11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I thought that one of the specs for being on the actual list this year was that the manufacturer had to prove they had X amount available in europe :(

G

MattW
11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Well, i seem to remember seeing some legal cells available for sale at the indoor finals.....

Wraggy
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
just spoken to John @ Raceplace , he has some SHO's still in stock for those interested ...

jimmy
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Matt, if they were expensive enough I might have been reduced to one pack! :thumbsup:

neiloliver
11-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Four sets of 6x E4500 cells (unmatched) available ex-stock

Richard Lowe
11-04-2008, 10:47 AM
No SHO's left at Mirage now, they have recieved a delivery though which hopefully will have a back order of 6 cell Fat Cobra's in :)

jimmy
11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
I spoke to three people this morning saying they only got 5 cell packs - unless this is yet another shipment? :bored:

Richard Lowe
11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Came in today I think, AFAIK the 5 cells are mostly reserved for the TC lads.