PDA

View Full Version : B44

reg
30-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi there,iv read alot of posts on here,and some usfull stuff,im getting a B44 on Tuesday:thumbsup:,what mods,tips,tricks and advise(dont say sell it :cry:)have you chaps found that i can do in the builing prosses so i dont have to do it after its built,also i hear things like the top deck snaps around the ball holes,has this been addressed in the later kits or is there somthing you do to stop this,also are all the screws nuts and bolt a different size than the 1.5mm 2mm 3mm and 5mm, allen keys,if so what should i get,even though iv been into rc racing for years i feel im starting again :blush:
cant wait till Tuesday
thanks
mark

Cruise
30-03-2008, 08:08 PM
There are only two modifications needed:

1.get a pair of 4-40 or M3 setscrews and plug the rear inner hole of the front arms then shorten the inner hingepins to fit them .(AKA "front wishbone mod")
this will prevent the hingepins eating away the edge of the chassis and more important it wont slip out of the front brace so only your front arm will break and not the bulkhead.
2. As for the top decks a set of big washers on top and under the decks and the use of bigger nuts should do the trick of saving even the older style decks.

Both issues are already adressed by Associated and are a running change-

3. Compress the spring of the slipper in the same way as the diff springs this will bring consistancy from the first setting on.

And you will need a set of high Quality imperial tools (if you buy cheap you buy twice)

Cruise

reg
30-03-2008, 09:08 PM
thanks mate

IceMike
30-03-2008, 11:05 PM
ae have updated the front wishbones so that modification doesnt need to be done. dont know if there shipping it in the kits yet though. i know if ya get new front wishbones they have the new design and a new set of hinge pins

reg
31-03-2008, 07:28 PM
are you replacing the ball cups,

Tom3012
01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
i replaced the standard ones with losi "natural" ones...

this was only for cosmetic reasons though, and the B44 has only been run once and is now being polished and shelved :lol: