PDA

View Full Version : AE 10B4.1 Worlds ??

CrashBangWallop
14-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Looking to get into buggy racing as helping start up the outdoor offroad track at my local club. Been racing indoors on carpet for years, mainly WGT/12th/Mardave & SC10FT.
Here come the real questions - Why on associated's web site is the B4.1 Worlds car #9040 shown with the proline Bulldog cab forward body and a lot of people advertising show this part number kit with the B4 body fitted is this just a mistake with advertising or are there different versions available ?

In case you did not work it out I am looking at buying an Associated, what do people think of the B4.1 worlds car ?

Si Coe
14-03-2012, 11:12 PM
The big difference over the standard FT is the longer chassis, which was good for the worlds track but exactly what you don't want for most UK tracks. Therefore for a UK driver the standard FT is the better car.

peetbee
14-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Possibly people have the wrong image on their websites as I thought it only came with the bulldog shell

CrashBangWallop
14-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Did the worlds +8mm chassis come about because the worlds track made the B4.1FT so unstable and twitchy they had to come up with something ? Or is it because the car is so new and few people running it that a good setup for UK tracks has not been found yet ?

lardy37
14-03-2012, 11:41 PM
the pro line bulldog body is the one they made longer for worlds edition but to save money associated used the same box as standard ft edition and just put sticker in the corner of box to say it was worlds and at moment dont think you can get +8mm standard shape body