PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher Mission electrics/gearing

Chrisfoster1971
21-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Ive not been doing this rc thing for long and so far have been playing with ' chassis and a hpi blitz. I've now decided to give tourers a try and wondered what motor, pinion and spur people would recommend to cut my teeth on.

Remember I'm a noob and I've not for deep pockets, so not bothered if it's brushed motor silver can etc I'm just keen to learn.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved

beale
21-03-2012, 10:35 PM
I have an Mi1 which is the same car with a Lipo friendly chassis, I started with a Speed passion stock setup 13.5T using 24T pinion and stock 86T spur, I already had some nimh batteries so used them and was competetive with most novices at my club, I soon realised that reverse was needed as we only have 3 - 4 marshalls per race. As my skills progressed I upgraded the ESCto an Xtreme stock hobbywing which meant I had boost/advance timing if I needed it, one member runs silver can but his driving ability keeps him at the top of our leaderboards. On a budget I would recommend a Hobbywing EZRUN 13.5T combo

Chrisfoster1971
21-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean something like http://bit.ly/GMOcpL

Ive been told I'd probably be better with one of these in my blitz aswell instead of my bullimore 8.5t which I may put up for grabs in this case.

Cheers