PDA

View Full Version : 4wd Round 1 Eastrax

jcb
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Well what a day and so much for the really bad forecast about the weather. The 10 or so flakes we had never really put a dampner on any of the racing.

Congratulations to the Top 3, 4 and 5's and also David for Tq'ing, i'll get ya next time :)

Thanks to everyone at Eastrax for putting on a superb meeting, hope all the racers enjoyed their day and see you at KLMCC in a few weeks time for round 1 of the 2wd champs.

Juddy
06-04-2008, 05:59 PM
All the Lawford boys enjoyed it! thanks to Trev and Paul for all there hard work!

Also thanks to Charle for his support and imput!

Well done Jon and Dave on their Win's and TQ's.

:thumbsup:

mw02veg
06-04-2008, 06:33 PM
which dave was it doorbell or poulter( oooo yokomo lol) and jon how was the chinese b44? so how many turned up wot was the track like? i so missed racing today :( but had to wrk :thumbdown:

JohnM
06-04-2008, 08:15 PM
which dave was it doorbell or poulter( oooo yokomo lol) and jon how was the chinese b44? so how many turned up wot was the track like? i so missed racing today :( but had to wrk :thumbdown:

Doorbell Tq'd 4wd, finished 2nd, Poulter tq'd and won the open class.

I think there was only about 16 or so in the regional class, put off by the weather forecast perhaps?

Good day though, had a laugh with some mates, had some good races, did pretty well, enjoyed myself :thumbsup:

jcb
07-04-2008, 10:31 AM

David Poulter ran in open with his XXXcr, don't think he had any batteries to run in the 4wd. Orbell's X11 looked so much happier than old one, but how you break the alloy bit on the front where the rocker arms go beats me!! The A final was all shaft drive cars, with two preds, my AC B44 and 5 other B44's.
The track was good, a bit point and shoot at times but flowed pretty well, with the new design being a lot more forgiving on the cars if you made a mistake. There was loads of grip right from the off as the weather was lovely and sunny nearly all day. Ran one set of old Schumy yellow minispikes all day, and to be honest they don't really look like they have worn.

The Atomic Carbon B44 was pretty good and only got better throughout the day. Well once you have drilled out all the wishbones so the hinge pins actually fit through them and bought some screws that have a socket heads and some threads as some of mine in the kit were just blanks :thumbdown: didn't have any real problems apart from breaking a KO servo horn :mad:

Like John said think there were about 16 or so in the regional which was pretty good with some new faces and a nice mix of ability to. Was a shame that some of the clubs were running club meetings on the same day as we may have picked up a few more drivers.

Zipper
07-04-2008, 11:26 AM
The A final was all shaft drive cars, with two preds, my AC B44 and 5 other B44's.

'Cough!' Don't forget one BJ4! 'Cough!' :thumbsup: