PDA

View Full Version : B44 outdoors setup?

Mike Hudson
06-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Can anyone help me with what would be a really good setup for outdoors on astroturf/grass with the B44 for dry and wet conditions please?
Many thanks for any help in advance.

ben
06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Maybe tell the people what you are running now? ;)

Mike Hudson
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Sorry not thinking, tired after a day at batley in the snow :(
Currently running:
Front 40wt/blue springs no.2 piston with no limiters on inside tower hole and inside lower hole
Rear 30wt/silver springs no.1 piston with 3mm limiters on outer tower hole and inside lower hole
Inner holes on front and rear topdecks, middle hole on rear hubs, outer on front hubs and rear hole on steering rack with 3 washers
Running a short wheelbase on the rear and running the car just a little lower than wishbones level front a rear when cells are in.

jimarea51
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi there,

Explaine what the car is/is not doing that you would like to change? That way it may be easier for people to help with setup suggestions....:thumbsup:

JIm:lol:

Arn0
06-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Recall Richard Crew saying to pick up a BJ4WE setup for grass was working well!

Need some confirmation there!

Mike Hudson
07-04-2008, 11:09 AM
My car needs alot of work on the bumby bits on the astroturf, it was thrown into the air easily and I just couldn't push it as hard as a few of the other b44 that were there

Lee
07-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Mike i think the losi pistons would work well in the b44, they smoothed out the BJ4 loads, it was like a different car

30wt losi blue rear with silver spring
40wt losi red silver spring front

middle hole on the rear tower and inside on the wishbone

front was inner on tower and outer on the bone:thumbsup:

This will put you there or thereabouts;)

Mike Hudson
07-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks Lee :) will try it next week if I can go to bury or batley

daz
07-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah Lee that what ive been using and its spot on. :thumbsup:

Northy
07-04-2008, 11:54 AM
it was thrown into the air easily and I just couldn't push it as hard as a few of the other b44 that were there

Sometimes you just have to slow down......

G

Mike Hudson
07-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I had to slow down more than others this is why I brought it up,

col300
07-04-2008, 07:10 PM
have you tried lifting it up a bit. i had the same prob first time out with mine. same setup but with 35wt oil in rear. kept throwing itself out on some bumps but lifted it up a bit and then it was fine.

Currently running it on 30wt at the rear now so i think your setup is pretty much there or there abouts.

Tom3012
07-04-2008, 10:46 PM
when i ran mine at southport i used it as per the manual... just upped the oils by 5 front and back and changed the rear spring to silver....

was pretty damn good i thought... although that was only my first run with it, hope that helps?:)

Tom

OG RC 10T
11-04-2008, 02:01 AM
To me it sounds like your suspention is a little stiff and that could be causing the bouncing. Try going down in weight on the oil this way the shocks will move up and down more freely and keep the buggy from bouncing all over the place on the rough areas. Just a thought.

rocketrob
11-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Can anyone help me with what would be a really good setup for outdoors on astroturf/grass with the B44 for dry and wet conditions please?

IS THIS A TRICK QUESTION ???????????

That's an impossible question to answer, because you have TOO MANY variables - grass, astroturf, dry, wet....conditions.

There is no set-up for all of that.

Mike Hudson
11-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I never said I wanted just 1 setup to do all i was after contributions to the different areas if people have changed setup for the different conditions saying so would be helpful to what they've done, your post has been the least of helpful :thumbdown:

Richard Lowe
11-04-2008, 11:07 AM

That's an impossible question to answer, because you have TOO MANY variables - grass, astroturf, dry, wet....conditions.

There is on the BJ4 ;)

Given how similar the cars are I can't see a reason why it wouldn't apply also, all I do with my BJ4 now is change tires for different tracks :)

ashleyb4
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM

There is on a xx4 well infact it works everywhere lol

A

Wraggy
11-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Mike have PM'd you with setup to use ;).

Mike Hudson
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Mike have PM'd you with setup to use ;).

Thanks very much :)

rocketrob
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I never said I wanted just 1 setup to do all i was after contributions to the different areas if people have changed setup for the different conditions saying so would be helpful to what they've done, your post has been the least of helpful

Didn't intend for you to get all butthurt :cry: about it.

But your question, though it might not have been your intent, was exactly that - one asking for one set-up for various conditions and surfaces.
And, as you saw, you got a whole litany list of suggestions and options.

Any truely expereinced racer would never suggest, considering the lengthy list of surfaces and condtions you listed, there is a fits-all that works in anything from muddy to dusty and everything in between.

Otherwise it's widely agreed that the "box" or "Tebo" set-up was a good all-around starting point to work off of..........I just thought everyone knew that since it's been so widely discussed. ;)

As I said originally - THIS sounded like a trick question...........IMHO

Mike Hudson
12-04-2008, 12:36 AM
I stated only 2 surfaces that are mixed together in several of the tracks I'll be racing on and just two different conditions and now I know what to try out from several helpful setups and tips I've been given on this thread which im very thankful for btw :thumbsup: Will report on how a few of the setups go if im at batley on sunday :)

markwilliamson2001
12-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Generally with a 4wd the following happens:

Low grip (wet or worn grass) - You will need to dial in more steering since when the grip goes down with 4wd you will get less steering. You may need to shorten the wheelbase slightly as well.

High Grip (Dry Grass and Astro) - Less steering/overall grip. Cut rows off front tyres, lower car slightly etc etc...

Lee
12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Mike,

There was nothing wrong with your question mate, unless you know what UK tracks are like you would think its hard to set the car up for various surfaces. We just make the cars work over here, the kit setups that come with cars are useless for uk tracks:thumbdown:

Try the losi pistons and oils i suggested, it has already been backed up by daz on here i think and im sure you wont be far off.:thumbsup:

US drivers dont really understand, over there its like racing on road with jumps and they go home when it rains:lol: