PDA

View Full Version : Work party ...

mrspeedy
02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
We're having our first work party on Saturday 7th April (thats this weekend :woot:)

We need to clear the site of any plant stuff, tree branches over hanging the track area and general plant life etc etc ... and access the site to see what we're going to do with it.

If anyone wants to come a long to help or just to have a look then you're more than welcome, we'll be there from early morning ....

This is how the track area looked a while back, table top and bank at the back there, needs a bit more of a clean up now but shows the potential, what's not clear from the pic is the bank at the back is HUGE !!! that's a 6ft fence on the right :thumbsup:

Piccy -

http://www.worm-racing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Outdoor-after.jpg

mrspeedy
16-04-2012, 06:08 PM
We have yet another work session going on this weekend, (Saturday 21st) and as they say ... many hands make light work so come on down and join in the the fun :thumbsup:

We still have a lot of work to do, rostrum is being built this weekend along with sections we have done being flattend with a whacker to make em smoooooooth ......

We also have some astro turf lined up for delivery the weekend after which should transform the track . More news on that later ....

If anyone wants to bring along a SC10 for a trial run then give it a go :thumbsup:

blue_pinky
18-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Looks like it'll be a busy day...

Tasks to do as follows:

1) Build Rostrum...Mr Speedy heading up this 'little' job.

2) Continue to rake/grade/clear the track area. It's still quite stony at the mo, but we made good progress with this after the first work day so hope to make more good progress with this as well.

3) Start thinking about track layout for first meeting :thumbsup:

As Si said, everyone welcome!!!

metalmickey0
18-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Will the burger cafe be open again or no?
I`ll be Si`s gofer if needed

mrspeedy
18-04-2012, 07:20 PM
If everyone can bring along some tyres with them would be cool, we need quite a few and most garages don't mind you helping yourselves :thumbsup:

metalmickey0
19-04-2012, 09:56 AM
If everyone can bring along some tyres with them would be cool, we need quite a few and most garages don't mind you helping yourselves :thumbsup:
I`m sure John can fill his van again:D

mrspeedy
19-04-2012, 09:17 PM
We need a few more than that :p

metalmickey0
19-04-2012, 09:49 PM
We need a few more than that :p
I reckon you`d get quite a few in if stacked correctly would`nt you John;)

blue_pinky
19-04-2012, 10:05 PM
So...just a thought...for the hardcore WORM crew...racing at Yatton is now off on Sunday, so I'm wondering about doing a 2 day effort on the track instead...

Anyone else game?

metalmickey0
20-04-2012, 12:16 PM
So...just a thought...for the hardcore WORM crew...racing at Yatton is now off on Sunday, so I'm wondering about doing a 2 day effort on the track instead...

Anyone else game?
Dont think i`d be allowed. mrs would have a headfit if i did:D
Of corse if its lashing it down again i wont be there

mrspeedy
20-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Of corse if its lashing it down again i wont be there

Clearly not hardcore then :p

I'll be there as long as my stamina holds out on Saturday but can't make sunday I'm afraid .....

metalmickey0
20-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Clearly not hardcore then :p

Not that hardcore:lol:

RobPaynter
22-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi guys. How did you get on this weekend hope you made good progress. Sorry I could not make it but i am unwell at the moment.
Do you have anymore dates for track work?

mrspeedy
24-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi Rob, yeah we had a really good day, rostrum got built, and the rest of the track was smoothed off hopefully ready for some astro this weekend. I've just heard that we have had 10 tonnes of hardcore delivered so we'll have that to play with too :woot:

If you'll well enough, we will be there again on Saturday from around 10.00 onwards :thumbsup:

blue_pinky
24-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Another hard days work on saturday...I have some pics to put up when I get a sec...going to start a bit of a blog/track progress thread on the website to put them on and link to...will post a link when it's done!

Gonna pop along and and see what 10 ton of hardcore/earth looks like in a bit...see what we need to do to use it/move it!

Looking forward to some sculpting :thumbsup:

metalmickey0
25-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Heres a couple of the rostrum which i took almost done. Still a bit left to do.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7015/img0374jup.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2976/img0377fc.jpg

blue_pinky
25-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Another week..another work party!

Once again we will be at the track preparing things for the first race next week

So if your free anytime between 10am and about 5pm Saturday 28th come along and join us!

We have the rostrum to finish off, 10 ton of earth to turn into a nice racing feature and fingers crossed some astro to lay as well. Bring spades, rakes, wheel barrows...anything you think might be useful basically as we don't have any tools of our own at the track!

Everyone and anyone welcome!

See you there :thumbsup:

colsey2009
25-04-2012, 02:46 PM
:woot: that's a pretty impressive rostrum could not make it out for being that big when it was in bits on si's drive

jonathan may
25-04-2012, 04:34 PM
thats looking like its going to be a neice rostrum looking forward to the first meeting .

mrspeedy
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
We've just had some more astro delivered to the track, so we'll be there from 6.30 onwards if anyone wants to come along and help get it put down :thumbsup: