PDA

View Full Version : B4.1 Replacement Front Wheels

ShaneyB
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi all,
Can anyone suggest where I can get pre glued tyre/wheels for a B4.1? Got some from JE Spares but they are for a CAT (4wd) and don't have bearings like my fronts do.

Is it possible to buy this combo or do I have to by tyres alone?

Cheers

blue_pinky
03-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Don't think they sell pre-glued tyres for the B4...think that's just a luxury for Schumacher cars.

Get gluing dude, practice makes perfect :thumbsup:

ShaneyB
03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Found these on Modelsport but they don't come with bearings so I assume I just pop my existing ones out?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=40296

RudolfXC
03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Schumacher fronts and rears fit perfectly so buy them pre-glued?

ShaneyB
03-04-2012, 05:39 PM
But the Schumachers don't have room for bearings?

MattW
03-04-2012, 05:55 PM
The ones you've linked from Modelsport are Schumacher pre glued 2wd fronts - as you say, use you own bearings. Schumacher do 3 varients of 2wd pre glued front as far as I can make out.

As you say, looks like JE have sold your 4wd fronts rather than 2wd fronts.

Nas
03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Could someone tell me what yellow means?

i know its a compound but is it soft? super soft? medium? or hard? compound.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

blue_pinky
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure how Schumacher themselves label them but...

Silvers are super super soft...sticky almost, not sure what they are intended for, they are quite new.
Yellows are soft/medium...the compound that everyone uses for dry running on Astro/grass.
Greens are hard...the compound that's used for wet astro/grass.

Nas
03-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Fab,thanks very much for your help sir.

Do you know what BLUE is?

blue_pinky
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Sadly I don't know...it's a compound not really used a lot these days to my knowledge...suspect it's a hard compound though, expect someone more knowledgeable will confirm or deny that one!

Nas
03-04-2012, 07:04 PM
No problems,think i'll stick with yellow!.

Thanks again for your help.:thumbsup:

gazhillAE
03-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Regarding the wheels situation, Schumacher sell preglued cougar SV wheels in slim and normal width they should both fit your b4.1 mate.

Tyre wise you've got the following as a guide from memory im right with all these I'm half asleep like:-

Silver-softest-Rarely used again, softer than yellows, wear quicker, work well on sandy tracks I think
Yellow-mostly used on astro and grass and any other surface, most popular. You also have stagger rib for 2wd front!
Blue-work well on grass, worth trying them back to back with yellows, rarely used now
Green-hardest-work well on grass especially wet and muddy, hard wearing also

Can't remember if blue goes before green or the other way round for certain but blues are very rarely used if not at all!

Gaz

lardy37
03-04-2012, 11:02 PM
yes schumacher do pre glued, bought some cut staggers last season that were pre glued and they fitted straight on just pop in bearings job done and colours all i know is silver super soft and yellow medium i just stick with yellow in schumacher

Martijn
04-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I still got schumacher mini pins glued on the schumacher front wheels (white)
I'v ran with them once but they got to many grip for the track were I race
If you want you can buy them from me?

ShaneyB
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Sounds good Martijn.

Do you need to advertise in the classifieds?

I think the rears I have (Schumacher again) are fine for my B4.1 but I've noticed they are quite a bit narrower than my standard set up. Any thoughts??

Anyone want my fronts??