PDA

View Full Version : Stotfold Club Meeting this sunday...

spenner
08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
If anyone is stuck for somewhere to race then Stotfold are running a normal club meeting....

You can arrive around 10am and get plenty of practice before racing starts around 12.30pm..

With the weather looking good for this week and the up coming regional this is good oppurtunity to get in some practice.

Nick Goodall
08-04-2008, 10:36 AM
May try and run the Cat actually, will see what happens :-)

What tyres do you normally run in 4wd? Green's if it's Damp and Yellows if it's dry? (it's still Schumacher Tyres yeah)?

spenner
08-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Nick,

Greens if it's wet/damp then you have choice of going to yellows (worn) when there are dry patches or stay on the greens.

We all went up there last sunday as the regional was cancelled and it was a good day...

Lee
08-04-2008, 10:50 AM
John,

Dont new boots work round there, is there too much grip? Or are we just talking about when its a drying track:confused:

spenner
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I put really worn yellows on as most of the track was dry, there were some damp parts on the left side. Kev stayed on greens which he had used all day.
The only difference was my car was more predictable. The car was like it was on rails!!!

You can put on new boots, but you will prob find you are cutting them right down...

Anyhow the Aero was awesome Sunday, everything seems to be working now.. even watched the car barrell roll twice at the end of the straight into the trees...... and carry on after!!!!

If you haven't run at Stotfold before then don't expect to be at the sharp end for the National... I have spent as much time as possible down there as it is so rewarding if you get it right.

jim76
08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
i'll hopefully be coming along as i need to run the D4 before Kiddy!

what time is actual booking in normally John? or anyone?

KevLee
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
i'll hopefully be coming along as i need to run the D4 before Kiddy!

what time is actual booking in normally John? or anyone?

Jim, booking in is from 1:00 and racing starts at about 1:30. 3 rounds and final.

As John said you can get there early and practice though.

Lee
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
im tempted due to the late start, but its a bit of a trek from durham:thumbdown:

Anyone from the north east fancy a road trip?

ben
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
If i could drive i would lol...... But i cant:mad::(:woot::lol:

spenner
08-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Whats up with you....

You will be glad you got some practice in, if you did go....

spenner
13-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Really enjoyed today even with the short downpoor!!!

Track layout was really good and rewarding in some technical areas when you got them spot on...

Must say the Aero is awesome with no issues now and the new Raceplace matched cells were great.