PDA

View Full Version : HINCKLEY CLUB BACK OUTDOORS THIS SATURDAY - 14TH APRIL

Wacker1
08-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi all,

Just to let everyone know, HINCKLEY RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB will be holding its FIRST Club Meeting for the 2012 OUTDOOR Buggy Summer Season, next Weekend - SATURDAY 14TH APRIL.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/30072011037.jpg

We'll be at the same Venue as Last Year & the Track Surface itself will be GRASS with Wooden Jumps again.......but for the 2012 Season, we'll be running on a Completely Fresh, Flatter, fully Seeded piece of Grass abit further along - so No Ruts & Potholes this time!

The Clubs Container/Rostrum has also been Resitted to Accommodate this!

Whether your a Beginner or a Fully Experienecd Driver, all are Welcome to Attend our OffRoad Club Meetings. These will be Held EVERY Saturday throughout the Summer Period.

All Electric Cars are Welcome, but we generally have 3 Main Classes Racing at our Club, these are :

1/10th Scale 'QuickSilver/Retro' Buggy(Beginners Class)
1/10th Scale 2WD Buggy
1/10th Scale 4WD Buggy

We normally Arrive around 11.30am, to help Setup the Track. Race Control Opens Shortly after, to allow for Booking In........this normally Closes around 12.45pm!
Between the Track being Built & 12.55pm, Open Practice usually Occurs.

We tend to get the Meeting Started for around 1pm, consisting of 4 Rounds of Qualifying, with your Best 2 to Count......Followed by Finals.

Food & Drinks are also Available each week + McDonalds is less than a 5Minute Drive away!

Dan from 'PITSIDE MODELS' will be Frequently here, just in case you need any Wheels, Tyres or Replacement Parts!

ADDRESS OF VENUE
Hinckley Rugby Club,
Leicester Road,
Hinckley,
Leicestershire,
LE10 3DR

ROUTE INTO HRCCC FROM THE ENTRANCE OF THE RUGBY CLUB
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/rugbyclubaccess.jpg

YOU CAN OBTAIN DIRECTIONS FROM HERE :

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T...en&sa=N&tab=wl (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ADBR_enGB286GB288&q=Hinckley+Rugby+Club,+Leicester+Road,+Hinckley,+L eicestershire,+LE10+3DR&gs_upl=0l0l0l551lllllllllll0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl)

As our Club will be Holding the 4TH ROUND of the 2WD Mid-West OffRoad Regional Championship Series on the 8th July, it would be really good to see some of you Guys coming for some Testing/Practice over the Summer!:thumbsup:

Hopefully see you all there!:cool:

RudolfXC
08-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Your Google Map link doesn't work so here it is:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1T4ADBR_enGB286GB288&q=Hinckley+Rugby+Club,+Leicester+Road,+Hinckley,+L eicestershire,+LE10+3DR&gs_upl=0l0l0l551lllllllllll0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

learnerdriver
12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi

what is the minimum number you need for a short course heat ? fancy some proper old school racing outdoors on grass :-)

fludey
15-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Great days racing Saturday even with the odd shower and hail storm:bored:

First time out on grass and much preferred it to astro and indoors, just gutted gonna miss next two weeks as away on holiday.

Be back for more after hols :thumbsup:

DerbyDan
16-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I really enjoyed racing at Hinckley's outdoor track last year - I love the old-school grass & its always a well-run yet relaxed meeting.

We missed out on doing any Touring Car racing in the hall over the winter but hope to get along to a few buggy meetings this year :thumbsup:

P.S; the new website looks great!;)

Wacker1
16-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi Learner Driver,

I would say that you'd need a Minimum of 4 Short Course Trucks, to have your own Heat.

........any less, you'd still be very Welcome to Race them, but you'd likely be put into the 'QuickSilver/Retro' Class, which is really a Beginner Heat.

I'd agree, Grass Tracks are good fun & generally have the tendency to make the Racing Closer & more Competitive!

.......its one of the things that makes our Club Unique, as these 'Old Skool' Tracks are alittle hard to come by these days!

Fletch248
16-04-2012, 10:16 PM
really enjoyed it this weekend.. threw rain/hail/shine.. lol what do you get if you become a member of the club ? we just needed a few more people to help pack away even if its dragging stuff over to the container

Wacker1
18-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi Fletch248,

Unfortunately, a Bunch of us could'nt make it to Hinckleys 1st Buggy Meeting last Weekend, as we were doing another Event + quite a few Regular Summer Hinckley Racers were'nt there either........some due to not realising the 1st Outdoor Meeting was on & some who had made prior Engagements, as the Club Calendar was Released so late!

Providing the Weather Improves/holds out for this Weekend - Saturday 21st April, I'm sure you'll find a much Higher Number of Drivers, making it an even better Days Racing & also making the Track Easier/Quicker to Build & Pack away!

By the way, there wont be anymore Dragging the Track Stuff to/from the Container at the other end of the Field, as the Crane Company Moved it over to its New Location yesterday, making it right by the Grass area where the Track is Built - this also means that the Main Rostrum thats ontop of the Container, will be used from now on, giving everyone great Visability of the Circuit!

Starbuckz54
19-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Dean you sound well professional :p

Great news about the container, do you also know if the grass has been cut or has it still been too wet for them to do it?
Also what is the deal if the weather does stay like this? Are they likely to cancel? If so will there be a notification in the morning an where?

Also agree with fletch, let's hope more people chip in next time!

Thanks

Phill (Nelson)

Wacker1
20-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Hi Phill,

I've been told that someone has been it touch with the Rugby Club this week, regarding the Grass being Cut - I would say that it has!

The Club Meeting is still all set to go ahead Tomorrow & the Recent Weather Forecast is showing Sunny Spells with the odd Shower.........so looking better than it initially did at the beginning of the week!

The best idea is to keep an eye in the 'News' or 'Forum' Section of the Hinckley Club Website, as the Commitee usually Posts up Information on whether the Meeting is to go ahead or not, if the Weather is bad.
.......they can Post up as Late as an Hour before the Meeting is to go ahead, so the Info will be accurate & gives all its Members & fellow Racers plenty of time before Travelling etc!

The Hinckley Club Website is : www.hinckleyrccc.co.uk (http://www.hinckleyrccc.co.uk)

xfactor
07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi guys,

Is Hinckley on this weekend 12/05/2012 for off road buggies due to the National being on, let us know guys :thumbsup:

Lapper.

Fletch248
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
yes it will be on.. hopefully we will get some sun out this week to dry the track out

PriceSter
10-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi. Is there any racing on the 12 may, if so what time. Cheers

fludey
10-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Should be on so I have been told for Saturday depending on sudden down pours, kicks off around 12:thumbsup:

Jamesy
23-05-2012, 08:07 AM
The weather looks goooood for this Saturday. There is a club meeting on, right?

Wacker1
23-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Hi Jamesy,

Like you say, the Weather is looking awesome for this Weekend!:thumbsup:

I know that the Race Calendar on the HRCCC Website has'nt been Updated yet(will be very soon), but after all the 'Rained Off' Meetings at the Beginning of the Outdoor Season, it was Agreed with all the Commitee recently, that the Hinckley Club WILL be Holding Buggy Meetings every Saturday throughout the Summer now!:cool::cool:

That obviously means that there WILL be a Buggy Meeting on this Saturday - 26TH MAY.:D

Just a Quick Reminder......Arrival Time is usually around 11.15am, then the Track is Built.
Booking In Opens around 12.00pm, with Open Practice just after!

The Qualifying Rounds usually Kick-off around 1.00pm!:)

Dan Holmes is looking at making an Appearance this Saturday, with his 'PITSIDE' Shop, if you need any Wheels/Tyres/Inserts/Spares!

I think a BBQ is also planned!:cool:

Hopefully see you this Saturday then.

Wacker 2
23-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Get keith on the grill... he's like a BBQ ninja!

I can taste the burger already :drool:

fludey
24-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Cheese burger please:drool: