PDA

View Full Version : DB1 Front end

Pedros20
19-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know if the DB1 (when released) will be running the newer RB5 WC front end or the older RB5 sp front end?
I'm hoping it's the newer WC parts as have spares already.
& the million dollar question... Any ideas when I will be available?
Roughly??? Lol!

tomtom
19-04-2012, 03:10 PM
They run the WC front end.

Should be available very soon, can't wait for mine :thumbsup:

Pedros20
19-04-2012, 03:50 PM
That's good news then.
Wonder if Tony will be taking pre-orders for the kits?
Got my spare FS2 stripped & rebuilt rear end ready. Lol!
Be nice to get a rough idea when there'll be ready.

mikeyscott
19-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know if the DB1 (when released) will be running the newer RB5 WC front end or the older RB5 sp front end?
I'm hoping it's the newer WC parts as have spares already.
& the million dollar question... Any ideas when I will be available?
Roughly??? Lol!

As I understand it can use either. So I'll be able to convert my RB5 LWB Vega :)

Already got circa 2.5 Laser FS2s so that end of the car is sorted :thumbsup:

Gayo
19-04-2012, 03:53 PM
They run the WC front end.

Should be available very soon, can't wait for mine :thumbsup:

I knew you would buy one :thumbsup:

My current 2wd is very good but I already have a spare FS2 rear end and a spare RB5 front end... Sooo... :p

mikeyscott
19-04-2012, 03:54 PM

My current 2wd is very good but I already have a spare FS2 rear end and a spare RB5 front end... Sooo... :p

Simlar to me, so I'll easily end up with

Kyosho DB1
Kyosho RB5 Vega LWB
2 x Laser FS2/SP

:thumbsup:

RogerM
19-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I've been talking to Tony over the last couple of days and I fairly sure they will be in peoples hands soon.
Tony's is working really hard on getting everything sorted for these.

Big bore astro & grass setup(s) will be available very soon after the car is released :D

RogerM
19-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Think of the WC front end as being a tuning aid to get more steering and quicker direction changes on any RB5 based car.

mikeyscott
19-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Think of the WC front end as being a tuning aid to get more steering and quicker direction changes on any RB5 based car.

Sounds like something to be considered on either the Vega or DB1.

tomtom
19-04-2012, 04:47 PM

Damn right I will :p

Didn't noticed a huge change between the two front ends, the WC front is working great on the Gen2 Vega but I would feel comfortable with either of them.
Still prefer the small bores for now but I wait for your setup Roger (your last ones for the FS2 look promising).

RogerM
20-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the nudge tomtom .... I am still working away at improving the base setup but it is getting harder and harder with each evolution as we get closer to the maximum the car can give.

One thing for sure is that I, personally, as significantly quicker on the big bores on both cars than I've ever been on the small bores!

I will be working on a DB1 big bore setup as soon as I get hold of the car, once I am happy I'll let Tony have the setup to trial and then he will make it available ... it is his baby after all :)

tomtom
20-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm following closely your work Roger !

For now I'm still feel more comfortable with the SB on Astro tracks, the SB setups from Tony and Kevin for the Vega and FS2 are awesome but I wait for updates to come back to the BB. I noticed a smoother bump handling and better body roll, still SB are my fave for now.

Did your work for the FS2 BB setups is done ?

Thanks anyway for all the work.

reg
20-04-2012, 06:47 PM

For now I'm still feel more comfortable with the SB on Astro tracks, the SB setups from Tony and Kevin for the Vega and FS2 are awesome but I wait for updates to come back to the BB. I noticed a smoother bump handling and better body roll, still SB got my rave for now.

Hi Tomtom,

could you let me know what the SB setup from Tony and Kev is,
thanks

tomtom
20-04-2012, 06:50 PM
More Kevin than Tony but

3B pistons.

35/25 Losi oil

Silver front

Black rear outside, cobalt indoor.

Very stable and safe and fast.

Works great on the FS2 too (yellow rear)

reg
20-04-2012, 07:01 PM
cheers tomtom:thumbsup:

RogerM
20-04-2012, 07:23 PM

For now I'm still feel more comfortable with the SB on Astro tracks, the SB setups from Tony and Kevin for the Vega and FS2 are awesome but I wait for updates to come back to the BB. I noticed a smoother bump handling and better body roll, still SB are my fave for now.

I believe we are there with the FS2-SP setup, I just want to head to a place with velcro like grip levels (tomorrow's little task) to confirm!! So far it's only minor changes to dial it into whatever I've thrown it at!

The SB setup is tried and trusted (although I used to prefer softer front wheel rates to the silver/outside hole combination). The biggest difference is the adoption of 7deg castor blocks (thanks to Nick Caro for doing that work) as that really frees up the rest of the front geometry / shock combination to provide the mid/late corner grip so she holds her line perfectly. We can then let the 7deg blocks provide the bite to get the nose into the corners. Would never go back to 10deg blocks now (the 7deg blocks even let me remove the one-way diff I was having to use) !!

tomtom
20-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Mmmh, a DB1 with a good BB setup :wub

Totally agree with the 7 caster blocks Roger.