PDA

View Full Version : B4 upgrades?

Brewskie
23-04-2012, 09:12 PM
In your opinion what's the first upgrade to do to your B4 to get it on its way to being ruff an race ready?

Dudders
23-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Front wishbone brace :D

chuckie stella
23-04-2012, 11:41 PM
In your opinion what's the first upgrade to do to your B4 to get it on its way to being ruff an race ready?

Depends on what surface you're racing on, high/low grip etc. You've already got the best car in the world, ever! :)

lardy37
24-04-2012, 12:51 AM
well as above you already got best car and if its factory team car nothing needs changing but if ready to run then ally front brace and titanium turnbuckles thats all really you will probably break a shock tower and front arms but no upgrade for thatso just keep spares

carpenterdean
24-04-2012, 08:00 PM
i would get either a brass or stainless front and rear bulkhead.
i got mine from cream on this website, they are the dogs nads.:thumbsup:

Chippy96
24-04-2012, 09:27 PM
And then convert to X6!!:thumbsup:

tony12795
25-04-2012, 10:54 AM
or C4.1

gazhillAE
25-04-2012, 01:05 PM
or C4.1

X6 surely not? Definetly not!
C4444444444444444444444!

gazhillAE
25-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Back on topic!

Ghea Delrin front bulkhead
Ghea 1and2 pistons for rear end
Associated weight for behind rear bulkhead
Rudebits lipo weights
Kyosho springs to replace the associated ones (something like yellow front or silver and yellow 65 for rears)
Hex adapters front and rear with the AE axles etc
Rudebits 72g servo weight (maybe)
AE vented slipper plates and pads
AE carbon front arms and maybe rears for more consistency

Anymore???

Lee1972
25-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Back on topic!

Ghea Delrin front bulkhead
Ghea 1and2 pistons for rear end
Associated weight for behind rear bulkhead
Rudebits lipo weights
Kyosho springs to replace the associated ones (something like yellow front or silver and yellow 65 for rears)
Hex adapters front and rear with the AE axles etc
Rudebits 72g servo weight (maybe)
AE vented slipper plates and pads
AE carbon front arms and maybe rears for more consistency

Anymore???

Gaz,
How do the Kyosho springs compare to AE and how do the colours compare with AE springs?
Lee

Supercoolnothing
26-04-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm curious what difference do the vented slipper plates make over the standard ones and are they worth the money?

gazhillAE
29-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Gaz,
How do the Kyosho springs compare to AE and how do the colours compare with AE springs?
Lee

http://www.modrc.com/reference/offroad_springs.php

The above compares ae and kyosho rates
The kyoshos are a lot bigger especially the fronts compared to silver ae etc.
More progressive handling is what you will find
Much easier to drive and easier to push where before you may of struggled
Not as much grip role as the springs are longer and don't always bottom out totally as happens to the smaller ae springs in theory due to being smaller length overall.

This probably isn't the best explanation I've been up for 22 hrs!

gazhillAE
29-04-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm curious what difference do the vented slipper plates make over the standard ones and are they worth the money?

What I've noticed personally is that when your slipper slips it makes the plates red hot all depending on how slack you run it depending on the surface.

When this happens the slipper becomes less efficient and looses you time on track due to drivability

The vented ones let some of the heat out so the slipper runs slightly more efficient than it would with the above

How much heat they let out I don't know but they are definetly better over standard!

Supercoolnothing
30-04-2012, 07:26 AM
What I've noticed personally is that when your slipper slips it makes the plates red hot all depending on how slack you run it depending on the surface.

When this happens the slipper becomes less efficient and looses you time on track due to drivability

The vented ones let some of the heat out so the slipper runs slightly more efficient than it would with the above

How much heat they let out I don't know but they are definetly better over standard!

Cheers Gaz, I'll give em a try even if I don't notice a difference they look pretty trick.