PDA

View Full Version : A1 Racing Club Meetings Cancelled this coming week

Frecklychimp
27-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Hi chaps,

Due to ongoing venue building work and recent heavy rain....

the Gonerby Moor venue is closed for the next week, so club meetings on Tuesday 1st May and Thursday 3rd May are cancelled.

Open practice for members is suspended whilst work is done, gates will be locked with different codes to prevent access and anyone caught using the facility after this notice will be publically shamed!

Sorry for the inconvenience but it is best to get the work done in one go rather than several further disruptions!

(it's too wet to be any use for racing atm anyways :mad:)

Mark.

Robbiejuk
28-04-2012, 11:19 AM
What days will you be working at the track so I can try to come and help?

Frecklychimp
28-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Will let you know mate, possibly thurs and friday but i've got a busy week and nee to organise some machinery.. always welcome help matey :thumbsup:

university_dave
04-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Is the track likely to be open for practice by Saturday or Sunday?

Frecklychimp
04-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Not this weekend i'm afraid, was on site yesterday and it has rained non-stop for what seems like weeks now, so the track is very wet and the car park is so wet that any driving on it will cause very expensive repair bills to it.

As soon as the rain stops and starts drying properly we can get working on fixing it for use, until then the venue is closed.

IF we get dry weather this week enough to get rid of the standing water then i'll open up for a practice meeting next Sunday... thats an IF and will be confirmed later next week.

It's gutting, we all need the practice on track, but it also needs to be in a useable condition for the Mid East Regionals and club meetings for the rest of season.

Sorry, beyond our control, most of the Grantham area is flooded so it's nothing particular to our site, we're just trying to make sure that permanent damage to venue is avoided :(

university_dave
04-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Not a problem - thought I'd ask before coming down and causing problems. Fingers crossed the weather improves, but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

brooky
05-05-2012, 08:04 AM
racing at broxtowe sunday. hall park . sunny all day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: wet chimps welcome

jukeboxman
05-05-2012, 11:15 AM
racing at broxtowe sunday. hall park . sunny all day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: wet chimps welcome

But you don't want to be pitting or racing next to him - you know how wet furry animals smell......:drool::woot:

brooky
05-05-2012, 12:34 PM
ill bring the chimp dryer (410 volts turbo)he will be dry in no time or we can leave him in his car with the heater on lol pong city:woot::woot:hope to see ya there

Frecklychimp
05-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Can't do Broxtowe tomorrow dude, sorry! :(

am now 90 miles away and got a very valid excuse... but will be doing Surrey/Hants SCT National....

cheeky feckers... Gonna make sure i'm proper stinking for the 3 hours road trip in your van, lots of garlic and Curry with Guinness on Sat night too :thumbsup:

brooky
05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
chimp will be renamed after next sunday:D roof rack cos that will be his seat on the van to surrey :woot::D. text me so i can ring you back sort out times for the chimp trip to surrey zoo dont forget to bring your car and tx and a smile :)