PDA

View Full Version : Long or short camber link ?

tellor
30-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Can someone tell me the what the differences are in handling between a Long & Short front or rear camber link ?
The associated B4 manual says to use the longer links when on a high grip surface but that doesn’t make sense to me???????
I was under the impression that a long link would generate more grip as the car rolls more and hence grip rolls

Cheers

noreargrip
30-04-2012, 11:03 PM
FRONT.....the long link will give more chassis roll and will make the car a little less responsive...so less twitchy...will give less initial steering and more in middle and exiting the corner
short link wil give less chassis roll and therefore will give more steering initially entering a corner and will change direction quicker..
I always run inside on shock mount and inside on the hub and change the length by adding washers to the inner stud to lengthen ..
REAR....using the higher link will allow more chassis roll and will have the effect of more side bite overall.
using the lower positions will reduce roll which i find let's the rear break traction sooner...effectively more rotation...great for hairpins.
it will however give more forward traction under power out of a corner..letting the car square up quicker...
raising makes longer and lower shorter...
this what I find on the centro...hope this helps...good luck!!

noreargrip
30-04-2012, 11:09 PM
grip rolling can be a funny one...I race in Ireland on very high grip astro...I find that shorter links put more pressure sooner on the tyre so causes the grip roll..longer links put less pressure on the tyre until deep into the corner..so causes less grip roll situations...depends on type of corner too