oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   National/Supported Series for trucks?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23474)

markwilliamson2001 06-05-2009 08:40 PM

That was the intention Craig!
I was hoping that we might get some series support from someone like CML for the SC10 class, to try and help promote them a bit more in the UK...!?

Body Paint 06-05-2009 08:47 PM

I would run Truck and SC10 class, my SC10 is already ordered ;)

X60 is also on its way... can't wait :thumbsup:

markwilliamson2001 06-05-2009 08:56 PM

I will try and see if Hereford could hold an event on Friday! :thumbsup:

Body Paint 06-05-2009 09:07 PM

Could come up to Hereford and then get back to Caldicot in time for round 2 :lol:

westie 06-05-2009 09:24 PM

Id be up for getting a T4 or a SC10

westw00d

Lee Martin 07-05-2009 08:03 AM

Hi guys...

This sounds great, but when do you propose to run them?
CML Raceway and the Pro-Line Dirt arena would both be interested in running an event...its just finding the time for me, considering i dont have a free weekend until september the 13th.....

8th Nats
10th Nats
international meetings considered

markwilliamson2001 07-05-2009 10:48 AM

Hi Lee (and everyone!),

I was proposing very end of september/start October (late autumn) and throughout the winter. I was hoping to have a mix of tracks, (mainly indoor, although some all weather outdoor tracks would be good, but at the beginning and end of the series). This is where PDA came in, since we can have an outdoor surface, inside!

Here would be a rough proposal (which can be changed):

Rd1: PDA (October)
Rd2: TBA ?? (November)
Rd3: Maritime (December)
Rd4: TBA ?? (Jan)
Rd5: PDA (Feb)
Rd6: CML (March)

I was also hoping that with PDA and CML Raceway being supported by CML, we could have some sort of provided tyre (at slightly reduced cost) for those meets (probably Proline Holeshots etc, since they would work well on both PDA AND CML)

Ta
Mark

jimmy 07-05-2009 11:09 AM

I'd be interested in some sorta controlled Slash class

Body Paint 07-05-2009 11:43 AM

I'm liking Marks ideas so far ;)

Could SC10 and Slash run side by side? I think this is what they are trying at the ROAR Nats this year isn't it? Anyone know more?

markwilliamson2001 07-05-2009 07:05 PM

Don't really see why not? So long as weight, cells, and some sort of motor restrictions are in place? Would make things quite close I reckon.

Keep em coming folks!

strobe 07-05-2009 07:55 PM

Could we fit some events on Bank holiday mondays:thumbsup:

markwilliamson2001 08-05-2009 07:47 AM

Top notch idea...

panch 08-05-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 (Post 238532)
Hi Lee (and everyone!),

I was proposing very end of september/start October (late autumn) and throughout the winter. I was hoping to have a mix of tracks, (mainly indoor, although some all weather outdoor tracks would be good, but at the beginning and end of the series). This is where PDA came in, since we can have an outdoor surface, inside!

I was also hoping that with PDA and CML Raceway being supported by CML, we could have some sort of provided tyre (at slightly reduced cost) for those meets (probably Proline Holeshots etc, since they would work well on both PDA AND CML)

Ta
Mark

Mark,

Could one of those gaps be filled with say Worksop & the other maybe Newbury as both decent size indoor areas with big jumps :thumbsup:

Also as previously mentioned in this thread, depending on weather, im sure Ledbury would be keen on either of the tracks..

Lee

strobe 08-05-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwilliamson2001 (Post 238532)
Hi Lee (and everyone!),

Ta
Mark

Mark
Surely Hereford (leominster) would put on an event indoors. There tracks are ace and some of there jumps are awesome. SC10's Allready seems very popular there.

paul01ews 13-05-2009 11:32 PM

Three more trucks from Team External would run through the winter around the country.

X60's that is!

Paul.:thumbsup:

Bazzokajoe 13-07-2009 09:51 PM

i vote for stotfold :) just bought a T4 and really want to get into some kind of competative racing...

Nick Goodall 13-07-2009 10:46 PM

I would have thought you'd need a few classes really..... Mainly (in a sort of selfish way) that the SC10's handle so well out of the box on standard tyres i think they should all be run the same as they come with kit shock settings and everything. As soon as the become modified we may as well just be all racing T4's / Buggys as the realism and part of the fun goes out the window as it all comes down to setups, tyres and other mods which i think would be a shame really.

I think the T4's, X60's, XXXT's etc should be an open class - maybe even split the Slashs / SC10's as i gather they're pretty different..... although far more similar compared to running alongside T4's etc.

Just an idea but i would absolutely love a series where all SC10's had to be completely standard as the racing would be superb

peetbee 13-07-2009 10:53 PM

Rather than have lots of classes you could just have a CORR class and an ST class, that'd keep it simple!:)

ex-sco77morgan 14-07-2009 07:41 AM

I'm in for a SC10 class for sure. Completely agree it needs to be kept box standard with a 10.5 or 13.5 otherwise get a T4......

Modified mine for a while and it has massive advantages so lets stay away from best set-ups and stick with fun best bumping out of the way, sorry I mean best driving hehe :D

Nick Goodall 14-07-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sco77morgan (Post 264309)
I'm in for a SC10 class for sure. Completely agree it needs to be kept box standard with a 10.5 or 13.5 otherwise get a T4......

Modified mine for a while and it has massive advantages so lets stay away from best set-ups and stick with fun best bumping out of the way, sorry I mean best driving hehe :D

My thoughts exactly ;-)

Only issue i can see is that the Traxxas Slash can't really then run in the same class which is a shame - maybe there's a way around it though but at least people are getting interested. It's been a long time since any sort of Scale off-road racing has been popular :cool: