oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   KYOSHO (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ZX5 setup questions (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474)

notlawnomis 04-08-2006 10:01 AM

With the Interclub coming up at Batley next month wondered if anyone had a good setup they'd be willing to share!!

Looks like NERCR will be able to put at least one team together!!

niggs98 05-08-2006 06:39 PM

i have sent a set up to jimmy for what i ended up on at the batley national so euros allowing it will be up soon or pm me a email addy and i shall forward you a set up sheet for the track.

Thanks

Nathan
Quote:

Originally Posted by notlawnomis
With the Interclub coming up at Batley next month wondered if anyone had a good setup they'd be willing to share!!

Looks like NERCR will be able to put at least one team together!!

notlawnomis 05-08-2006 07:48 PM

Cheers Nathan and Jimmy for getting it posted so quickly

Simon

KyoshoK 06-08-2006 11:50 PM

anyone here got a general setup for dusty dirt tracks?? i'm looking for something from mark pavidas but cant find any

niggs98 07-08-2006 04:12 PM

if you go to 4wdrc.com there is a kyosho section there and pavidas's setup from the cactus classic is in there somewhere

wolli 18-08-2006 06:05 PM

Setup from the Euro in Vienna

Does anybody know the best Setup from the European Championship in Vienna at the RMC-Track?

niggs98 22-08-2006 07:55 PM

having just done the euros last week i shall be posting a setup soon for the vienna track

KyoshoK 29-08-2006 10:55 PM

hi guys. just building my first zx-5.

the manual says put spacer in the front of each of the bulkhead (under D plate for the front and BR plate)

but it doesnt say anything about putting a spacer under the rear toe plate (A30), and also behind the front bulkhead (under C plate)

do you put spacers there? coz i seen some setup sheets it specifies to but plates there.

thanks

andreasH 01-09-2006 05:27 PM

Hello all,
I have my Lazer since a couple of weeks. Watching the Lazer category in this forum I found many ideas and good hints.

I just tried setting up my ZX5 like the Batley sheet.
Some general questions for the setup sheets figured out here:
(Maybe because I could not interpret the english name for the parts in the right way)

- Front and rear suspension 'Upper Spacer': Is it an optional part or is it in the kit?
Where to find, which itemnumber?

- Axle Hight Spacer: What is meant by UP or LOW? Is the UP position with the spacer on the bootom?

- Hub Carrier back: How to set up the hub carrier to 2°? Is it an option part or just put the screw to another hole?

- long wheel base on rear hub: What to do here?

Is there an general description for the setup sheet and for the effects using option parts?

Please help me a little here.

thanks
Andreas

KyoshoK 05-09-2006 08:06 AM

thanks to jimmy for his review and suggesting to use short camber links front and rear. it made the buggy so much easier to driver and less twitchy.

this always went against what i thought those links was supposed to do.

i always thought a longer links gave more stability, and better for loose tracks.

andreasH 27-10-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreasH (Post 10156)
- Front and rear suspension 'Upper Spacer': Is it an optional part or is it in the kit?

- Axle Hight Spacer: What is meant by UP or LOW? Is the UP position with the spacer on the bootom?

Still looking for answeres to my last post.
I need a working setup for very low traction.
Someone who can help me here?

sosidge 28-10-2006 11:32 AM

Well, I have run the car on slippy gym floors a couple of times (pretty low traction), and found that basically the kit setup minus rear anti-roll bar, with a diff up front, centre one-way (locked if the track is REALLY slippy) worked just fine, maybe a slight lack of steering on-power.

Pretty basic I know but it might be a starting point.

andreasH 28-10-2006 04:49 PM

Thanks. I run the front diff and center locked. Steering could be better.
The car of a friend has the KMC conversion and runs much better here.
The track is clay/loam and is absolut glibbery.
I run Proline Hole Shot, which tires would be good here?
So I will test without the anti-roll bar. Would an anti-roll bar in front be good here?

sosidge 28-10-2006 05:23 PM

No harm in trying a front anti-roll bar, however it is more likely to reduce steering than create it. Personally speaking I don't really like anti-roll bars as they make the car a bit fidgety over the bumps.

All you can do is try these things!

bert digler 28-10-2006 05:57 PM

losi springs

i run losi silver front springs and pink rear spring the car was loads better this on wet astro so it was slippy like clay and it jumped a load betteri n fact u could push it thats a first for a lazer also run 50 wt oil in the front with big pistons

andreasH 28-10-2006 09:22 PM

I will try some changes tomorrow on our last clubrace.

andreasH 31-10-2006 02:32 PM

The weather was very bad this weekend so our race was canceled.:(
The Buggy season is over for this year, now we go for indoor onroad.
The club is doing an modification of the track in the next weeks.
Hopefully they change the road surface to get more grip otherwise
i have to work very hard on an working setup next season.
(now waiting for christmas to get some new parts, maybe the conversion kit)

niggs98 06-07-2007 10:55 AM

upper spacers are just a standard 1mm thick washer so 2 of those to raise the ball stud to stiffen it up the roll a little

up position is with the washer below the front hub

2 dgree hubs are an option part (sorry dont know the number)

long wheel base on the hub is to put all the hub spacer washers in front of the hub to push it backwards as far as possible

hope this helps. sorry for the delay in answering your questions but i dont get the chance to look on here very often ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreasH (Post 10156)
Hello all,
I have my Lazer since a couple of weeks. Watching the Lazer category in this forum I found many ideas and good hints.

I just tried setting up my ZX5 like the Batley sheet.
Some general questions for the setup sheets figured out here:
(Maybe because I could not interpret the english name for the parts in the right way)

- Hub Carrier back: How to set up the hub carrier to 2°? Is it an option part or just put the screw to another hole?

Is there an general description for the setup sheet and for the effects using option parts?

Please help me a little here.

thanks
Andreas

Southwell 06-07-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niggs98 (Post 48416)
hope this helps. sorry for the delay in answering your questions but i dont get the chance to look on here very often ;)

9 months delay? :D

niggs98 06-07-2007 12:39 PM

but still answered :S :) :S