oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   b4 front end grip on carpet (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16150)

IceMike 19-11-2008 06:26 PM

it ant the servo!!! dont knockl my blue bird

Medders 19-11-2008 07:26 PM

having had the same problem myself its either the servo saver, the servo itself, or the steering links screwed too tight restricting movement under force. I do run a little weight on the front (as well as the back).

IceMike 19-11-2008 07:28 PM

no it ant the linkage, an it ant the servo. its the setup

ashleyb4 19-11-2008 08:23 PM

Its the servo.

A

Spencer Mulcahy 19-11-2008 10:06 PM

I had two blue bird servos that would not centre properly so it could be.

c0sie 19-11-2008 10:19 PM

So all I need do is CA the servo saver assembly??? And it wont crack/come undone??

Might try that then..

IceMike 20-11-2008 10:36 PM

it wasnt my servo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON BLUE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Hudson 20-11-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0sie (Post 180106)
So all I need do is CA the servo saver assembly??? And it wont crack/come undone??

Might try that then..

just glue the two halves of the assembly (not much glue needed only a drop or two) and it bonds very well, it shoudn't crack or come undone if its quality thin ca :thumbsup: I don't know anyone who has had problems with doing this small mod

tommychev 05-08-2009 06:26 PM

Every time i glue the servo saver, the servo horn breaks not long after. In an accident, the turnbuckle breaks out of the thread on the servo horn. Its impossible to have an accident free run every time.

But by geez, it adds heaps of steering.....

markwilliamson2001 05-08-2009 06:44 PM

Well lets get things sorted out....

• You should not need to run any lead in the front of the car with NiMH's.
  • You are running the wrong tyres (Green Minispikes instead of Yellow Minipins!)
  • You are using a Bluebird servo, that is known to be "not brilliant" should we say. Try another one?/better make?
  • Have you checked your steering lock? Is it turning fully on both sides?
  • Have you fitted the stronger servo saver spring/replaced the servo saver parts?
  • Is the steering binding in any way?

Make sure the fit and finish of the car is done correctly, before looking at setup.

c0sie's setup is not miles away from what I would run.

HTH
Mark

millzy 06-08-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommychev (Post 272024)
Every time i glue the servo saver, the servo horn breaks not long after. In an accident, the turnbuckle breaks out of the thread on the servo horn. Its impossible to have an accident free run every time.

But by geez, it adds heaps of steering.....

super glue the small turnbuckle link bar and then heat shrink it

job done

Fabs 06-08-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceMike (Post 179930)
and i always get confused over the whole pins and spikes thing, so ill just say there the nationals and regionals nominated tires

Has everyone missed that ?

You're running mini spikes mate, wrong tyre.

Difference between pins and spikes, spikes are cone shaped, pins aren't.

Not to mention mini pins have much smaller pins than the spikes on the mini spikes, and a lot more of them.

c0sie 06-08-2009 11:26 AM

Mini spikes on carpet are the shizzle, I wouldnt use anything else for club racing :)

Fabs 06-08-2009 11:31 AM

Yeah and that's why at the Petit RC EVERYONE was on mini pins :p

IceMike 06-08-2009 12:36 PM

has anyone looked at the dates on this thread, it was put to bed months and months ago, and it wasnt the servo saver, or servo. it was the weight distrobution of the car, not enough weight over the front end meaning there wasnt enought weight pushing down on the front tires to help then stick to the ground, ive since added alot more weight under the serve at the front end and the car is much more stable and more direct when i want it

now for me, this tread is closed so no need to comment on my issues with the car anymore

c0sie 06-08-2009 12:40 PM

Fabs,

PetitRC race isnt a club race is it...
And I doubt that people at PetitRC race cared about getting a couple of months wear rate out of their tyres either..

Where as I was refering to club meets, and I cant afford £30 every week :)

IceMike 06-08-2009 12:50 PM

nah didnt fink the petit was a club race, precially as ppl go over from here every year