oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Schumacher K2 - Racing Spare (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200277)

Spanky855 28-10-2018 07:04 AM

Schumacher K2 - Racing Spare

Good Morning Guys & Girls

My K2 roller will be up and running by Christmas, the Schumacher was initially purchased as a boyhood car of my dreams that I could never afford as a boy racing in the 80's and my initial intention was not race again

After looking around and visiting a few race meeting in my area the racing scene both indoor and outdoors is vibrant and it would be a shame not to support this albeit as a rookie who may cause initial race day carnage.

My question and I thank you all in advance for you help is what race spares should i be carrying for the K2, parts that a rookie will break but also general parts that a fat fingered person like myself my drop never to bee seen again, ie my LiPo battery nut, dropped several weeks ago and the assumption is that may tortoise has either eaten it or buried it....... you get my drift :confused:

Lee

dazzlerr6 28-10-2018 05:11 PM

Spares

Hi mate I started back racing this year with k1 aero In Notts. I only broke pivot blocks on mine .

Spanky855 28-10-2018 05:35 PM

Thank you pal, great to know. Looking forward to getting back into it .

Lee

Navek668 28-10-2018 07:49 PM

Hi, I would keep a set of front and rear wishbones, front top decks as they are the weakest point on the car, pivot pins front and rear and the pivot balls and just your normal screws and bearings, I have stripped a tooth off a side gear too so might be worth getting a pair of them as well
Cheers
K

mark christopher 29-10-2018 07:01 PM

it depends what wishbone hangers you have on , allot or plastic, plastic get spares, then front and rear wishbones. never broke a top deck on my k2

Navek668 29-10-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 993929)
it depends what wishbone hangers you have on , allot or plastic, plastic get spares, then front and rear wishbones. never broke a top deck on my k2

I’ve broken several front decks at the screws fitted to front bulkhead, you must be an excellent driver or very lucky!!

mark christopher 29-10-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navek668 (Post 993930)
I’ve broken several front decks at the screws fitted to front bulkhead, you must be an excellent driver or very lucky!!

im neither lol

Spanky855 30-10-2018 07:39 AM

Thanks guys. Great advice as always, my car has alloy posit block so I assume it will be the weakest part of the impact site that will break ie wishbones. Interesting about the front top deck, i would never have guessed that would be a week point bit can see that a combo of captive ball joint and the multiple small holes could be a week point.

Thanks again guys.

knighthawk 30-10-2018 08:30 AM

The only things I ever broke was front arm's, front shock shafts and the shock protector.

I found the car was very strong apart from this
( but if you hit a corner marker at full chat, you expect something to give :woot: )

Spanky855 30-10-2018 09:04 AM

Race Spares

Quote:

Originally Posted by knighthawk (Post 993958)
The only things I ever broke was front arm's, front shock shafts and the shock protector.

I found the car was very strong apart from this
( but if you hit a corner marker at full chat, you expect something to give :woot: )

Thank you, when you say the shock shafts, do they just bend of actually break or will it be the ball joint that breaks?

Lee

knighthawk 30-10-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanky855 (Post 993959)
when you say the shock shafts, do they just bend of actually break or will it be the ball joint that breaks?

Lee

Lee,

Both really, had a couple of each, they bend and lock the shock and break at the eyelet

Spanky855 30-10-2018 09:19 AM

Brilliant, thank you my friend.

Lee