oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oswestry Radio Car Club (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The Un-official Oswestry 2009 National Thread (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23839)

ashleyb4 11-05-2009 08:27 PM

The Un-official Oswestry 2009 National Thread

Hi Guys

With ozfest 09 in just under 3 weeks thought ide start a thread with some information.

The post code is: SY11 4AD

Track:

The track will be on the grass bank, the same as previous years.

Camping:

Camping is avaliable Friday and Saturday night, no need to book lots of room. But please can we have all caravans and campervans on the right hand side as you go in the gate.

Tents are free
Caravans are £5 a night, £10 for the weekend.

Accommadation:

Travelodge Is about 4 or 5 minutes away from the track for more info follow the link below:
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_a...p?hotel_id=166

The NEW premier inn is also about 4 or 5 minutes away and very close to the travel lodge please click the link below for more info:
http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelI...6&iscsell=true

Onsite Facilities:

Toilets (Including Disabled) Open 24 Hours

Food van will be onsite from friday evening and thought out the weekend.
They offer a good range of food bacon butties, drinks, snacks as well as specials for lunch.

Entertainment:

On Saturday evening the Factory Team quiz will return hosted by your quiz master Phil Channon.

See you all there, we have the sun booked lets hope it gets delivered.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Ashley

Oswestry Radio Car Club Race Co-Ordinator + Tea Lady

Jonesy 11-05-2009 09:08 PM

And lets not forget Ash, a very strong team from the club supporting the National to cater for everyone!

I'm realy looking forward to this one. Flat grass, a couple of jumps and a level playing field for EVERYONE.

Ash, what jumps can the drivers expect?

cajones75 11-05-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesy (Post 239880)
And lets not forget Ash, a very strong team from the club supporting the National to cater for everyone!

I'm realy looking forward to this one. Flat grass, a couple of jumps and a level playing field for EVERYONE.

Ash, what jumps can the drivers expect?

When you join the club we can tell you, :p

Good to see you coming down more often, thanks for the support :thumbsup:

You are right about the team we have hear at Oz. There are a number of core members and parents :thumbsup: who put a lot of effort in at the club all year around.

I am sure we will all carry on the good work and carry on from previous years by laying on a good national weekend for everyone, it certainly won't be for the lack of trying anyway!!

Jonesy 11-05-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajones75 (Post 239894)
When you join the club we can tell you, :p

Good to see you coming down more often, thanks for the support :thumbsup:

You are right about the team we have hear at Oz. There are a number of core members and parents :thumbsup: who put a lot of effort in at the club all year around.

I am sure we will all carry on the good work and carry on from previous years by laying on a good national weekend for everyone, it certainly won't be for the lack of trying anyway!!

I'll be down every week during the Summer to be with the 'team'. It feels good to be racing regular in the week and as you know I'm always willing to help out and will be there for the National!

Mossy 11-05-2009 10:33 PM

Ill be down with the Jones to help you guys out Thursday night/Friday to compliment your team lol

ashleyb4 11-05-2009 10:36 PM

Awsome mossy all help is apprechiated.

Awsome to have you on board jonesy.

As for jumps people will have to wait and see :)

A

Garry Driffill 11-05-2009 10:40 PM

Chrislong 12-05-2009 10:05 AM

Random :eh?:

Im looking forward to Ozfest 09, are there any plans for the Saturday night in the function suite? The quizes and stuff are great fun.

Will team etcetera etcetera be there in force? :lol:

IceMike 12-05-2009 10:29 AM

The quiz is to be held in the same building as last year as we will be sharing the site with the local youth football association in the evening again this year. But the good thing is that they will be providing a bar for anyone that forgot to go shopping.

Southwell 12-05-2009 10:47 AM

Good luck with the build guys, can't wait for this one! :thumbsup:

Chris Doughty 12-05-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 239939)

As for jumps people will have to wait and see :)

A

I don't want to stick my nose in here, but if I recall correctly you 'learned' from last year that open planning would be best.

now it seems again people will be surprised when they turn up.

I don't want to speak on behalf of other people, but I would imagine that some open comunication with that you have planned will allow everyone to give their opinion if it will work BEFORE the event and less then chance for people to moan AFTER the event.

it really doesn't bother me either way as I wont be racing, but I do like to read and hear about good races that people have on good tracks.

Chrislong 12-05-2009 11:14 AM

CD is right.

I can hardly remember last year now, I just remember not being so keen (by no means a complaint- just observation) on the profile of the triple and no landing zone. The table top was good, but didn't that come loose? It was tough to downramp this is I remember rightly. I like downramps. But I also remember quite likeing the track otherwise.

Lee 12-05-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrislong (Post 240065)
CD is right.

I can hardly remember last year now, I just remember not being so keen on the profile of the triple/quad and no landing zone? The table top was good, but didn't that come loose? I can't remember so forgive me if im wrong on that.:confused:

The table top was changed after practice because it was horrendous. I think the Oz team know what is needed, and hopefully they will get it spot on and everyone can come on here on the sunday night / monday morning and praise their efforts :thumbsup:

PS: CD is right. He is mighty at least 1 day a year :lol:

Kopite 12-05-2009 11:20 AM

They had a round of the BCL a few weeks back, and the table top on the track was v good, with a much longer down ramp.

I trust the Oz guys will provide us with a really good weekend of racing, and I thank them for the effort they're going to be putting in

Chrislong 12-05-2009 11:21 AM

Cool, looking forward to it. Lets all pray for the cloud to clear, sun to come out and wind to drop.

Lee 12-05-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrislong (Post 240072)
Lets all pray for the cloud to clear, sun to come out and wind to drop.

Anything else you want while your at it ? :woot:

Danny McGee 12-05-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 240076)

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CUT THE GRASS SHORT. I.E VERY SHORT, LONG SHORT ISH. SHORT. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO GET THE MOWER OUT AGAIN AND DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU. ITS NOT HARD.

REMEMBER VERY VERY SHORT.....

Chrislong 12-05-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 240076)

Yeh, no bugs, short grass, and a lottery win... possibly more, I'll update the list later.

Jonesy 12-05-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny McGee (Post 240080)
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CUT THE GRASS SHORT. I.E VERY SHORT, LONG SHORT ISH. SHORT. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO GET THE MOWER OUT AGAIN AND DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU. ITS NOT HARD.

REMEMBER VERY VERY SHORT.....

I know the guys have plans for the grass to be cut around 4-5 more times before the National on a regular basis. Trust the team to get it right and will be fine!!! :thumbsup:

As for the jumps I agree with Stan, great table top at the BCL which will be there for the National, again, trust the team to get it right. It is going to be a great event :thumbsup:

ashleyb4 12-05-2009 12:22 PM

Grass has been cut on a weekly basis since febuary its thickening up nicely and will be cut short before the event. Last year the grass was meant to be cut again but due to runing out of time and a few problems we just run out of time and help. This year the grass will be cut short. I have severn days off before the national which will consist of lots of grass cutting and organising.

A