oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Bodies / HPI (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   D4 Worlds Shocks (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9578)

Northy 01-04-2008 09:44 AM

D4 Worlds Shocks

I ran the Worlds shocks for the first time at the weekend, and very nice they are too! :thumbsup:

Well worth it in my opinion, much eaiser to bleed and super smooth. :drool:

G

jim76 01-04-2008 09:47 AM

great, i just built up my standard original shocks last night!

Northy 01-04-2008 09:49 AM

The originals are really good shocks but I always had issues bleeding them :( just like std AE shocks.

I drilled a bleed screw hole on my B4 ones, so when I saw the Worlds shocks had a bleed screw I wanted them too.

My life is now complete :lol:

G

_sleigh_ 01-04-2008 10:03 AM

New shocks kick ass. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Be aware that they are slightly different length bodies and therefore change the droop. It's only a smidgen, but my OCD wouldn't let it lie.

dan_kitty 01-04-2008 10:11 AM

does anyone know what version shocks will be on the d2?

Northy 01-04-2008 10:15 AM

Worlds at a guess, but maybe different lengths? :confused:

Adam is the man for that question, but I think he is busy this week doing very important things..... :thumbsup:

G

_sleigh_ 01-04-2008 10:16 AM

I'd be pretty confident that the WCE will be on the D2.

Northy 01-04-2008 10:18 AM

Phil,

What did you do to keep the droop the same? I built the rears without the internal limiter but got both shocks apart at the start, where I should have only done one at once to compare them both.

What is the actual difference Mr. OCD? :lol::lol:

G

_sleigh_ 01-04-2008 10:36 AM

At the moment I've just increased the internal spacing to reduce the length.

From memory, the difference in length is around 1mm. I think it comes from the bodies now having the intergrated seal housings and also the different shock tops. Each change is minor, but they all add up.

I'm planning on 'wrecking' the D4 tonight so will do some side by side measuring.

Lindsay 02-04-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northy (Post 108999)
Worlds at a guess, but maybe different lengths? :confused:

Adam is the man for that question, but I think he is busy this week doing very important things..... :thumbsup:

G

Adam is not around for 3 weeks but should be back for Kidderminster;);)

chemicalx 07-04-2008 04:53 PM

steps on how to bleed properly?

new to offroad. got myself a d4wce a couple of days ago. i am now into the shock building part. drilled holes already on the shock cap.

can someone point me to how to build the shocks properly? what should i be looking at? built it, and bled it, i just don't know if i did it properly. i feel that shocks compress fine to a certain level and goes stiff (about halfway mark) from there and compress no further.

i used the settings and oil as specified in the build manual.

i am afraid that if i run these, they will burst following a big jump.

help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

markwilliamson2001 07-04-2008 06:30 PM

Sounds like you have too much oil in the shocks...

Try pulling the shaft fully out, then taking out the bleed screw, and pusing the shaft back in until it stops (or according to the instructions).

Then replace the bleed screw, and pull the shaft fully out. Push the shock shaft in and out about 3 times, then push the shaft fully home into the body. It should then push out very slightly and slowly. (4-6mm)

HTH
Mark

chemicalx 08-04-2008 07:09 AM

thanks, will try this out.

thats what i figured, i just dont how much oil should it have to achieve a good damping effect.

thanks again.

Northy 08-04-2008 07:57 AM

Fill the shock.

Put the cap on with the screw out.

Push the shock shaft fully into the body (I do this by pressing it on the table).

Screw in the screw.

A pair of equal shocks :thumbsup:

G