oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   South East (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   BRCA SE 1:10 Off-Road Regional Calendar 2010 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41755)

brookie 10-03-2010 08:27 PM

BRCA SE 1:10 Off-Road Regional Calendar 2010

Here we go!

Following the Regional meeting, discussions and subsequent feedback from FORCC (Faversham Off-Road Car Club, http://www.forcc.co.uk/), KMRC (Kent Model Rallycross Club, http://www.kmrc.co.uk/), Plough Raceway and EPR (Eden Park Raceway, http://www.edenparkraceway.com/) please see finalised BRCA SE 1:10 Off-Road Regional calendar for 2010.

2WD
16 May 2010 Plough Raceway
23 May 2010 EPR
04 July 2010 KMRC
25 July 2010 FORCC

4WD
25 April 2010 KMRC
02 May 2010 EPR
20 June 2010 Plough Raceway
01 August 2010 FORCC

Don't panic! Plough Raceway is the club, at the same venue (The Plough Inn, Leigh, nr. Tonbridge, Kent) run by Steve Andrews, but a new name and new organising body.

Though KMRC are recognised as a 1:8 rallycross club they are keen to join in with the 1:10 electric off-road class and buggies have already been around their track with lap times not dissimilar to those of the nitro buggies, though we will obviously be using a shorter track layout! We need to do some tyre testing at their facility and the club may well instigate a control tyre so that we all know what to use at this 'traditional' off-road track.

Here's looking forward to another exciting new season with an increasing number of competitors of all ages and abilities, as always everybody's welcome!
Watch out for more specific details about these events soon!

Steven Brooke
BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section South East Regional Representative
Eden Park Raceway (Secretary)

PS Also keep checking the popular forums (and your mails!) for some exciting events outside of the Regional series in the South East.
FORCC will be participating in some local community events, as they have done so successfully in recent years, the details of which they have promised to let me know so that others can possibly get involved.
EPR are finalising another EPR SE GP on Sunday 11 April 2010 (with classes for 2WD, 4WD, 4WD Stock and 2WD Trucks, if enough interest permits).
And even more excitingly EPR will be hosting Round 3 of the BRCA 1:10 Off-road National Series on the weekend of 05/06 June 2010, so even if you're not racing at this event you've got the opportunity to come and see how the best drivers in the country handle the challenges that EPR has to offer!

David Church 10-03-2010 08:37 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mikeyscott 10-03-2010 08:40 PM

Oo :)

More dates for the diary.

How many rounds do I need to do in order to move up the F rankings?

David Church 10-03-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 353423)
Oo :)

More dates for the diary.

How many rounds do I need to do in order to move up the F rankings?

3 out of 4 will count towards the championship, so minimum of 3

Uberdude 10-03-2010 08:46 PM

Her in doors is not going to be very happy in May LOL

mikeyscott 10-03-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Church (Post 353428)
3 out of 4 will count towards the championship, so minimum of 3

Mmm that's a lot of miles and a lot of fuel.

Ok thanks.

EPR I want to do, but not sure whether 4WD or 2WD

David Church 10-03-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uberdude (Post 353429)
Her in doors is not going to be very happy in May LOL

Just imagine if you did Nationals as well!:o

jim76 10-03-2010 09:19 PM

ouch! 4 out of 5 weekends for the first 4 rounds! That is not going to go down well!!

never mind! Looking forward to trying KMRC this year. always nice to have new tracks on the list

simoncook 10-03-2010 09:52 PM

Should be a good season :) can't wait.

When do we think we will know what the control tyre is for kmrc?

brookie 10-03-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simoncook (Post 353462)
Should be a good season :) can't wait.

When do we think we will know what the control tyre is for kmrc?

Can't say at the mo! Club are still working on their track but they've got to have it ready for end of this month so sometime after then.
Previous testing has shown that Schumachers do work!

mw02veg 10-03-2010 10:26 PM

top job guys :thumbsup:

brookie 10-03-2010 10:32 PM

BRCA SE 1:10 Off-Road Regional Calendar 2010 - Part II

BRCA Membership.
All clubs and all drivers should be fully aware but, just to re-iterate, drivers can not score BRCA SE Regional Championship points unless they are in possession of current 2010 BRCA Membership, which can be attained either through their parent club or direct with the BRCA. Full details are available at:http://www.brca.org/ and click on 'Join'

Also BRCA Membership forms should be made available to ALL drivers on the day!

Drivers 'NEW' to the sport do have a 3 race rule, whereby they can race, for a short time (at BRCA sanctioned events!), without joining the BRCA but we would actively encourage ALL drivers to seek membership as soon as possible.

Regional Championships, points scoring system.
Championship points for the 2010 season will be awarded for overall Final finishing position ONLY. With a single bonus point being awarded for the TQ driver. The winner of the A Final will be awarded 100 points, with points being allocated downwards on subsequent finishing positions. The winner of each Championship will be the driver that has the best '3 from 4' overall score, that is of the four rounds of each class, your best three scores will go towards your overall Championship position and also your 2011 Formula.

Drivers are reminded that though they can race in more than one region they can only score Regional Championship points in one! They can however score points for the two different classes in two different Regions, does that make sense?

Heat Listings, Seeding & Formulas.
With, I'm very pleased to say, so many new and returning drivers coming to 1:10 off-road in this Region the heat listings for the first SE Regional (4WD @KMRC, Sunday 25 April 2010) will, as per usual, be based on several criteria: BRCA Formula; 2009 SE Regional Championship finishing position and known ability. With Jon P’s (FORCC) help we will be building a Regional database which will help ALL clubs with the task of booking-in and heat listings. Subsequent rounds will, as per usual, also take into consideration drivers current 2010 Championship positions.

Junior Classes.
As in 2009 there will now be two separate Junior classes competing within the main body of both the two and four wheel drive Regional Championships. They are Under 13, that is under the age of 13 as of 01 January 2010 and Under 16, that is under the age of 16 as of 01 January 2010. As in 2009, trophies and/or perpetual shields will be awarded in relation to the final Junior Regional Championship positions. It will be the responsibility of all participating clubs to inform me of the respective ages of drivers wanting to compete in both classes.
It was agreed that ALL Juniors (both U13 and U16) will race for FREE at ALL BRCA SE Regional Championship rounds during 2010.

Open Class.
Clubs should, as in previous years, be prepared to include an ''Open Class' for the category of vehicle that was not competing for points on the day, i.e. 2WD Regional @ ???, 4WD Open Class.

Truck Class.
With the recent increase in popularity there has been enquiries about 2WD Electric Short Course and Stadium Truck racing within the Region, it has been suggested that this be adopted at ALL 4WD Regional events should there be enough trucks to make up at least one heat, with both types of trucks competing together for a Regional Short Course & Stadium Truck Championship, as with the buggies, 3 out of 4 rounds to count. Unfortunately we can not run mixed heats with the buggies as these vehicles could have an effect on other drivers qualifying and subsequent final positions.

BRCA 1:10 Off-road End of Season Finals.
Yes we know the season hasn't even started yet but as before drivers should be thinking about the BRCA 1:10 Off-road End of Season Finals, these are aimed specifically at the lower Formulas, Juniors and Veterans. Dates and venues are detailed on the BRCA off-road calendar and should drivers require more details, these and entry forms will be available throughout the season. If you're interested but want to know more, please just ask!

Phew! Hopefully that's everything to date!
Once again I get the impression that a lot of drivers are looking forward to another exciting new season with an increasing number of competitors of all ages and abilities, as always everybody's welcome!

Steven Brooke
BRCA 1:10 Off-road Section South East Regional Representative

Steve Collins 06-04-2010 06:53 AM

Steve can we sign up for the regional series on sunday.
Cheers
Steve

Team No Idea 06-04-2010 08:49 PM

Just a quick update on Plough Raceway.
I've been up to help Steve Andrews with the track, we have dismantled the track layout and the ground has now been rolled to get rid of some of the big dips and rutts. We have now started to re-finnish the ropes and and re-paint the podium so it should be all spick and span for when you all turn up for the regionals!:thumbsup:, Personally i cant wait! YAY!. Top marks to Steve, his enthusiasm is wicked!

simoncook 06-04-2010 10:06 PM

Sounds ace Martin :thumbsup:

I can't wait too.

Tamiyauk 11-04-2010 11:12 PM

Hi Guys, I'm guessing these meetings will be run to the BRCA 1/10th off road rules, is that right? So Lipo's will need to be BRCA approved etc..?

Also will there be modified and stock (27T brushed/13.5 brushless) classes?

Cheers,
Jon

(:blush:Off road newbie)!!!!

David Church 12-04-2010 05:15 AM

Yes we will follow the BRCA rules.
We ran a stock class yesterday with good sucess at EPR.
I believe Steve Brooke will be looking into the posibility of running a class at all the regionals.

cwilson 12-04-2010 11:06 PM

can i run my truck and 4wd at the same meeting in both chamionship or do i have to run one or the other?

Tamiyauk 19-04-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookie (Post 353483)
Can't say at the mo! Club are still working on their track but they've got to have it ready for end of this month so sometime after then.
Previous testing has shown that Schumachers do work!

Hi Guys, was there a control tyre agreed? I was planning to buy some for this meeting, my only other choices are Schumacher yellow full spikes or the Associated B44 kit tyres!

Cheers,
Jon

simoncook 19-04-2010 10:27 PM

I think it is Schumacher mini spikes. Yellow in the dry, green in the wet. I hope we won't be needing greens though :thumbsup: