oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lazer zxr (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26223)

moth898 19-11-2010 12:56 PM

Been a while since I posted here, winter came around and hockey came along. I still have Iso's shirt that I have to send him but thats another story.

I started to build a lazer zxr racer just because I had the extra parts. I race schumachers and associated nowadays and forgot how nice that lazer was. The diff is silky smooth, fit perfectly together like nothing else.

I am buiulding a new meets old racer. I bought welshey's design 2 from fiberlyte, nice stuff!. I'm going t install suspention parts available today.. for breakage reasons. But I'm sticking witht the stock drive system because I think its the best there ever was. I'm looking for some front gearboxes, contacted DYNA last week and still haven't heard anything yet. Does he still do the gearboxes? or does anyone have any to spare.

Welshy40 19-11-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moth898 (Post 434514)
Been a while since I posted here, winter came around and hockey came along. I still have Iso's shirt that I have to send him but thats another story.

I started to build a lazer zxr racer just because I had the extra parts. I race schumachers and associated nowadays and forgot how nice that lazer was. The diff is silky smooth, fit perfectly together like nothing else.

I am buiulding a new meets old racer. I bought welshey's design 2 from fiberlyte, nice stuff!. I'm going t install suspention parts available today.. for breakage reasons. But I'm sticking witht the stock drive system because I think its the best there ever was. I'm looking for some front gearboxes, contacted DYNA last week and still haven't heard anything yet. Does he still do the gearboxes? or does anyone have any to spare.

Matt is currently busy with work at the moment and has unfortunately got to focus on the current project that they are working on so we will have to wait a little while. His molds are superb and will justify the wait. I will ask and see if he can do one for you.

moth898 19-11-2010 07:01 PM

Welshy your a star, thanks for the help. As far as the racer goes, I trying to stuff a lipo saddle pack into your narrow design chassis. Its a little tight, so I have to install a tentioner to clear the packs. I'll post a pic as soon as I'm done with the mod.

Welshy40 19-11-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moth898 (Post 434599)
Welshy your a star, thanks for the help. As far as the racer goes, I trying to stuff a lipo saddle pack into your narrow design chassis. Its a little tight, so I have to install a tentioner to clear the packs. I'll post a pic as soon as I'm done with the mod.

Great but ive already designed a lipo pack tray for the zxs and should fit the zxr. The one that would suit it are the first design where there were two separate trays just in case the width of the chassis was a narrower design.

isobarik 21-11-2010 09:50 AM

Moth 3 you want and 3 you shall recive.

mvh Isobarik

moth898 21-11-2010 11:13 PM

Thanks Iso, send my how much by Pm with your paypal email.

knmtrip3 02-12-2010 01:39 PM

lazer zx

http://www.oople.com/forums/album/php?albumid=598
Well,here's my lazer zx i've been working on for a while,just needs a bodyshell,i'm thinking the Parma Tomcat...

knmtrip3 02-12-2010 02:00 PM

Lazer zx

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 18511

Attachment 18512
Here are the photos of my lazer zx with carbon fibre chassis and shock mounts. It's a car got off ebay,in very bad condition,lots of wear in bearings,wishbones and ball joints etc.It's pretty much done now,just waiting for a bodyshell.

isobarik 02-12-2010 07:09 PM

Looks ace..............

mvh isobarik

kek23k 02-12-2010 08:09 PM

Looking good there buddy :D

Ema 03-12-2010 09:48 AM

Nice car ;) !!!

Ema

isobarik 03-12-2010 10:23 AM

Just in case someone out there hasent seen it...................

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Lazer-ZX-...item3363079e24

looks good even if it isnt new....

mvh isobarik

lllyf 03-12-2010 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 438831)
Just in case someone out there hasent seen it...................

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Lazer-ZX-...item3363079e24

looks good even if it isnt new....

mvh isobarik

I have this part from Japan,they said made by kyosho but I am not sure.but the part look fantastic。

isobarik 03-12-2010 12:57 PM

yeah it sure did looked fantastic.

Dont think kyosho ever made an finned motorplate.

mvh Isobarik

moth898 03-12-2010 01:14 PM

I finished the Lazer racer, now my question is this. Do I show it with or without the electics installed?

Ema 03-12-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moth898 (Post 438909)
I finished the Lazer racer, now my question is this. Do I show it with or without the electics installed?

Easy answer ..... both pictures please :D !!!

Ema

moth898 03-12-2010 01:27 PM

The electrics aren't done yet, so I'll post the chassis pics tomorrow. I fitted Welshy's narrow chassis from fibrlyte with lipo saddle's....it looks sick and feel crazy balanced. Why Welshy is racing a trf511 nowadays is beyond me, the lazer was the best designed 4wd ever.

lllyf 03-12-2010 02:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 438898)
yeah it sure did looked fantastic.

Dont think kyosho ever made an finned motorplate.

mvh Isobarik

So I am not sure,here are the pictures between them.left is original one, middle is the one I say,the right is GPM.you can see the different
I can't remember who said the team driver used the middle one but not listed on option house parts.

Welshy40 03-12-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllyf (Post 438933)
So I am not sure,here are the pictures between them.left is original one, middle is the one I say,the right is GPM.you can see the different
I can't remember who said the team driver used the middle one but not listed on option house parts.

I used the middle one but had an alloy motor and top deck mount to disapate the heat better.

Anyone seen the lazer alpha or lazer 2000 one way diff? Not as good as the standard layshaft one way and a proper diff.

Pics please with and without.

lllyf 05-12-2010 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I want to know who made this upper deck,kyosho or after market production? the carbon materials very similar with turbo optima mid special carbon fiber chassis