oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Brian Kinwald joins Xfactory ? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1046)

jimmy 14-09-2006 01:56 PM

Brian Kinwald joins Xfactory ?

I just noticed today that Brian has joined XFactory! when did this happen ? Thats really good news for them as brian must bring a lot of credibility with him and his skills should bring a lot to the new X6 too.

jim76 14-09-2006 02:02 PM

Anyone know where Doughty is going as he has apparently left Losi?

Good news for X factory but i'm still not convinced with the 2wd.

Nick Goodall 14-09-2006 02:20 PM

There's loads of theories about where Chris will be going... there's only really once choice for 2wd if he's going away from Losi, and I think you'll see him run something rather interesting in 4wd....

Last I heard Kinwald hadn't been very well so it's good to hear he's obviously still keen to carry on, and try something new!

I've just read the little post about Kinwald on 4wdrc, makes me laugh as i remember the Worlds in Finland 99 we bumped into him in the Hotel with all our racing gear, my Dad and I both said hello and all we got was a Grunt in return, i certainly didn't see his "willing to help all" and "friendly" attitude they talk about towards young racers :lol:

Maybe he's changed...

jimmy 14-09-2006 02:20 PM

I guess Brian is the man to really see what the car can do, not heard much from him for a while, wonder if he has had a break from racing?

Losi seem to have lost a couple of their best drivers, I wonder if anyone else is going ?:jimmeh

BenG 14-09-2006 02:44 PM

Ddint he retire to real estate, or was that francis?

jimmy 14-09-2006 02:46 PM

Francis I beleive. Not sure if Kinwald had some other stuff to sort out or something, but seems he is back.. Big win for Xfactory there.

Nick Goodall 14-09-2006 03:20 PM

Yeah especially as Greg has packed up, he's a good addition for them - will be interesting to see how the X6 goes as it hasn't had that much Race covererage that i've seen?

It was on the 4wdrc or 2wdrc forum that i read Brian hadn't been very well, sounds like he's back to full health though so will be good to see what happens!

DCM 14-09-2006 03:56 PM

Tekin has had Kinwald for a while now, but he has been ill and not raced all year, and no news on when he will.

jimmy 14-09-2006 04:03 PM

Thats a shame, I hope he gets better soon.

DCM 14-09-2006 04:20 PM

saying that, he is seen holding an X-6 with Novak stuff in it....

Chris Doughty 14-09-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 10960)
saying that, he is seen holding an X-6 with Novak stuff in it....

that is so blatently a photoshop job, it looks to me like they have a pic of his face, then they have painted an X-factory hat and shirt on him, then given him a car to hold.

either that or they need a new camera!

Stu 14-09-2006 05:24 PM

Is it not that they've just pasted him onto a backround?

jimmy 14-09-2006 05:29 PM

no, he really is that small that he can fit inside!!!:o

Chris Doughty 14-09-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 10970)
Is it not that they've just pasted him onto a backround?

I have had a closer look and he does actually seem to be wearing the clothes and holding the car.

normally you need to check to see if an image is real, but its normally the other way round, this is a genuine images that 'looks' photoshoped! :o

bert digler 14-09-2006 05:47 PM

if he looks more than four foot its a papparazzi job aka sunday sport
:o

DCM 14-09-2006 05:56 PM

I don't think Chazz has got the skills needed to photoshop an image, looking at the amount of hair kinwald has, I think we are seeing some reversal of evolution.... lol

Chrislong 14-09-2006 06:14 PM

Hodapps car was Novak powered, it might be that Kinwald was handed the Hodapp car (spur of the moment) for photo's for X-Factory without any thought towards the gear in there. This is probably a very likely explanation, so lets not speculate about why no Tekin gear was in there.

Anyway, this is great news! Very exciting to have Brian as a team mate.

Chris

jimmy 14-09-2006 08:28 PM

This from greg hodapp on a post on Rctech.net

Kinwald did not leave Losi. He has had health issues and they dropped him. This should be a lesson for all young drivers out there who think it is glamorous to be a factory driver. They did not provide health insurance, a retirement plan or anything that a normal job would offer. He gave them their first World Championship and something like 25+ National titles, not to mention countless design innovations and this is how it ends.

Good luck Dirtinator.

Why not just poke the guy in the eye too... :confused:

bert digler 14-09-2006 08:39 PM

he looks like

one of the blues brothers

DCM 14-09-2006 08:56 PM

For someone like Greg hodapp (although retired so not got anything to lose) to come out and say that is a MASSIVE kick in the Losi Teeth.