oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Car Talk (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The top ten reasons why you are not going to finish your race!!! (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18136)

oracleone 18-01-2009 02:10 AM

The top ten reasons why you are not going to finish your race!!!

1. Fred Flintstone sticks his head out the window and says, "my feet are tired".

2. The driver next to you flicks a nose goblin in your eye.

3. You see sparks, perhaps a fire and then smoke.

4. You see your girlfriend shagging some other racer in the trailer across the track.

5. You had too many beers the night before and fell off the drivers stand, (I.E. this would explain why your girlfriend is shagging other racer).

6. The tacos you ate after you got the drunk munchies the night before are asking you not so kindly to be excused at the current moment.

7. You used a Mamba Max when everybody pleaded you not to use one.

8. You thought that running a 9x1 with a 27/78 was the perfect gearing selection.

9. You spent to much time on the forums trying to figure out how to go fast that you forgot how to drive.

10. Mom came up to the drivers stand and said, "son you had better clean that room right this minute". She even included your last and middle names to let you know she means business.

Just kidding... What is your favorite excuse for not finishing a race?

Welshy40 24-01-2009 01:01 PM

Having a fit just before the finals helped me to finish last. gutted

sosidge 24-01-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracleone (Post 198175)
7. You used a Mamba Max when everybody pleaded you not to use one.

9. You spent to much time on the forums trying to figure out how to go fast that you forgot how to drive.

Me like these :lol:

franki 24-01-2009 04:45 PM

Forgot to top my fual up when racing Nitro i was always doing it!!!!

General Accident 24-01-2009 09:18 PM

Hitting the wall at the first corner and taking the left front quarter off my B4 3 seconds after the start is my best reason :lol:

lukeallen92 19-02-2009 10:08 PM

Wrong tyre choice, my pit man was an idiot and lost me time, some pleb took me out on the first corner, the marshall just stood there!

because im so rubbish at racing i have more time to think of excuses, haha.

telboy 19-02-2009 10:39 PM

I made my first Eurocup A final (and best qualifying result...could have done well in the final!) years ago.....then put the wrong pack of cells in.
Warm up lap...ace..........Start of race........................snail like!!!

How gutted was I?:cry:

Never made an A final again....until the numbers dropped.

millzy 24-02-2009 02:46 PM

being ian southwell means you will never finish

josh_smaxx 24-02-2009 04:55 PM

I remember once before a race someone at the club ran up to LEGEND and gaffer taped his feet together, he started and finished the race but we all found it rather amusing that he got shouted at for not getting to his marshal position quick enough.

Im going to have to think about my best excuse, theres just so many. Need to think of the best way i have ever snapped my car first...

ben 24-02-2009 05:15 PM

best i have seen...

Tom cockerill ran up behind bobby scott in his warm up lap, "de-kegged" him from behind the rostrum... bobby ran into the wall and snapped his chassis in half :lol:

Tom3012 15-03-2009 12:34 AM

falling up the rostrum stairs and hurting your leg so that half way through the race you just cant be bothered, stop and apply a "magic plaster" (we've all been there when younger)

charles08 19-03-2009 04:17 PM

Crash in the straight at top speed 'cause you thought you had time to scratch your nose .... Arf arf arf ...