oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   brca and Scotland (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156974)

mark christopher 15-09-2014 02:39 PM

brca and Scotland

So if its a yes vote will it be effected? Or will we see a srca? what about all Scottish clubs that are currently BRCA clubs?

I know any nationalality can be a brca member.

neallewis 15-09-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 876550)
So if its a yes vote will it be effected? Or will we see a srca?

I know any nationalality can be a brca member.

They will surely have to form a Scottish association, and apply for EFRA Membership. I imagine the timing of this won't allow for a Scottish entry to the 2015 Euros at RHR?

DCM 15-09-2014 04:08 PM

That is an interesting question, I am guessing that if they do vote yes, I am sure there will be a prolonged negotiation between Westminster and Hollyrood before Scotland formally becomes an independent state, so I think you will be fine for a couple of years!!

discothesnake 15-09-2014 04:21 PM

Don't think it'll make much difference. Just apply to join BRCA like the Irish boys do. Only difference will be no F grading and will not be able to attend EOS Finals.

(I think) 😁

mark christopher 15-09-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discothesnake (Post 876570)
Don't think it'll make much difference. Just apply to join BRCA like the Irish boys do. Only difference will be no F grading and will not be able to attend EOS Finals.

(I think) ��

so what about all Scottish clubs that are currently BRCA clubs?

Burty248 15-09-2014 08:22 PM

As it is the B(ritish)RCA could it serve both countries. If scotland leaves they would still be in Britain just not the Uk or whatever we will be called by then.

Would be a bit of an admin nightmare but with scotland having a smaller rc industry without the brca I don't think they would do very well.

discothesnake 15-09-2014 08:22 PM

Not sure how the club level racing would pan out. It's all wait and see I suppose. If the Yes vote goes through we've got bigger worries than model car racing.

MiCk B. 15-09-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discothesnake (Post 876570)

(I think) 😁

Hi,

Ireland has it's own national body (RCCAOI / www.rccaoi.com) which is affiliated to EFRA. Similar set-up to the BRCA and other national bodies. The RCCAOI applies to EFRA for international (Euros / Worlds) places.

MiCk B. :-)

SlowOne 15-09-2014 08:55 PM

Surely we have something better to do? Never in the field of RC endeavour has so much time be wasted by so many on so few. Give it a rest...

mark christopher 15-09-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burty248 (Post 876645)
As it is the B(ritish)RCA could it serve both countries. If scotland leaves they would still be in Britain just not the Uk or whatever we will be called by then.

Would be a bit of an admin nightmare but with scotland having a smaller rc industry without the brca I don't think they would do very well.

But they would not be part of Britain, hence my question, as I did know what the b stands for

mark christopher 15-09-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowOne (Post 876657)
Surely we have something better to do? Never in the field of RC endeavour has so much time be wasted by so many on so few. Give it a rest...

Its a perfectly fair question, I'm just curious how many little things like this will be effected.

neallewis 15-09-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 876661)
Its a perfectly fair question, I'm just curious how many little things like this will be effected.

Agreed. Paul Worsley will know.

Burty248 15-09-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 876660)
But they would not be part of Britain, hence my question, as I did know what the b stands for

They will still be in Britain (the island), the UK is the country

DCM 15-09-2014 09:47 PM

They won't be Britain, they will be Scotland, as Britain will be made up of Wales, Northern Ireland and England.....

Burty248 15-09-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCM (Post 876679)
They won't be Britain, they will be Scotland, as Britain will be made up of Wales, Northern Ireland and England.....

I think you have guys have confused my point. :confused:

Great Britain is the name of the largest island in the British isles, the island England, Scotland and Wales sit on. Occasionally it gets used to describe the Sovereign state of the United Kingdom, which i see is where you may have misunderstood me.

But anyway named as the BRCA and not the UKRCA could it still serve scotland along with the rest of Britain?

There is no way scotland can leave Great Britain unless they somehow manage tow scotland with all the boats they got. Perhaps they could move somewhere a bit warmer? :p

DCM 16-09-2014 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burty248 (Post 876693)
There is no way scotland can leave Great Britain unless they somehow manage tow scotland with all the boats they got. Perhaps they could move somewhere a bit warmer? :p

They would ALL burn if they had sunshine!!

mark christopher 16-09-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burty248 (Post 876693)
I think you have guys have confused my point. :confused:

Great Britain is the name of the largest island in the British isles, the island England, Scotland and Wales sit on. Occasionally it gets used to describe the Sovereign state of the United Kingdom, which i see is where you may have misunderstood me.

But anyway named as the BRCA and not the UKRCA could it still serve scotland along with the rest of Britain?

Hmm technically we are joined to France, seem odd how British companies are not thinking along your lines.

h0m3sy 16-09-2014 08:46 AM

I thought this was supposed to be an RC RACING FORUM?

mark christopher 16-09-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0m3sy (Post 876732)
I thought this was supposed to be an RC RACING FORUM?

Its also a general section and the question was relating to brca?:confused:

h0m3sy 16-09-2014 11:54 AM

If it's bothering you that much Mark, why don't you email the BRCA directly? Perhaps you could then post their official response on here. Otherwise, all that's going to happen is everyone suddenly thinking they have a degree in politics and posting what they think should happen. Just a thought.