oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   X6 Cubed (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121539)

NicolasCH 07-02-2013 01:42 PM

X6 Cubed

X-Factory news

YoungChazz 07-02-2013 02:37 PM

I believe this will be up on the X Factory UK page shortly. The car pictured is actually Darren's. All the U.K. drivers have one and they are most enthusiastic.

The story says everything we want to say right now. We are doing this as rapidly as possible. It is entirely positive right now -- all systems go!

Gayo 07-02-2013 02:39 PM

Looks great already:thumbsup:

Darren Boyle 07-02-2013 02:59 PM

News now live!!

The news is now live on our X-Factory UK website, X-Factory UK facebook page and also on our X-Factory UK advertisers section here on oOple in the following thread http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121548

UK Press Release going out now to the UK dealers and Press etc (oOple gets the scoop first :thumbsup:)

johnboy 07-02-2013 03:55 PM

seen this car go at york and looks quite impressive

Darren Boyle 07-02-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnboy (Post 742893)
seen this car go at york and looks quite impressive

Indeed, several good results already acheived withthe Cubed in its first few initial outings with wins already at York last Saturday, Batley on Sunday and at Watford last Thursday.....

DrPaul 07-02-2013 04:48 PM

Hi Darren,

Will they be bringing out an upgrade kit for those of us who bought the the X6 sq?

MikePimlott 07-02-2013 04:56 PM

Come on darren, take your underpants out the photos. :lol:

Price ?
Full car or conversion ?

Is it just a slimmer x6 (ie c4.1 but better cause its xfactory :thumbsup:)

s smith 07-02-2013 05:58 PM

Seen Toby's at the weekend

Gordonm 07-02-2013 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
X6 cubed???, Old hat!...Best wishes Chas, it's time you got in the news again-I'm sure Rich. Lowe (& Toby!) will do you proud!, Cheers, Gord..

s smith 07-02-2013 07:00 PM

That's to wide Gordon plus you can't see the spur on yours lol just needs a nice j concepts body on it

Origineelreclamebord 07-02-2013 07:02 PM

On the 'cloaked' pictures it looks like there's a narrower chassis - and I would even say I kind of see a cab forward shell - all speculation though. Though as nice as refreshment on the X6 will be, I hope it still catches the spirit of the old car - it's performance on low bite is so impressive and if it was metric I would've replaced my TRF201 by now :p

Cream 07-02-2013 07:17 PM

Going to have a carbon fibre front tower going of the fact it's got ali. front mounts?

Darren Boyle 07-02-2013 07:24 PM

OK official answers that I can release at this point....

The X6 Cubed will indeed be a "Conversion Kit", there are no plans at present to make this as an Entire Car at present.

The Conversion kit will allow you to convert any Associated B4/B4.1/B4.2 kit (or C4.1 for that matter) and will includes items such as the diff outdrives and bearings that are required for the newer AE cars...

There will also be an Upgrade Kit to allow all existing X6 or X6 Squared owners to upgrade to the Cubed spec. This kit will include all items that are different from the older models to the new one...

Price.. nothing to report at present, but we are all working as hard as possible to make it as affordable as we can without comprimising anything along the way.

Capture the spirit of the previuos X6's, most definately, this car will retain all of those same characteristics you mention...

The car will still be imperial sadly, to allow existing XF parts and AE parts to have compatability.

All other spec questions have been left unawnswered deliberately, you will have to continue to speculate on those sadly for now, some of those questions may be answered if you get to see one of the prototypes running over the next few days....... :p

Darren Boyle 07-02-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cream (Post 742991)
Going to have a carbon fibre front tower going of the fact it's got ali. front mounts?

LOL, There is no other way to do a front tower surely? ;)

I have just sent a fresh pair of yours off to be anodiesed blue for the new season.....

(The car in the pictures is my own car, the tower I have on my car is indeed one of our DMS ones with alloy mounts, I covered this up on purpose for the photos since it wont be in the "kit" as such, which will use the original tower supplied from the donor B4)

YoungChazz 07-02-2013 07:43 PM

I just want to add from this side of the pond that we are proud of our U.S. hardware...:lol:

Cream 07-02-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Boyle (Post 742997)
LOL, There is no other way to do a front tower surely? ;)

No insult intended, Just pointed out that it looked like it was a carbon fibre tower as standard, not the B4 tower. Just an observation.

Unless that it an after market one you have put on the car?

Oddly I've just had a pair of 210 mounts done blue that will be going on my 7 year old Sons(well 7 in 4 hours) DEX210 RTR :)

JoelMaher 07-02-2013 08:05 PM

I'm guessing narrower ali chassis with sticks down the middle?

Danny Harrison 07-02-2013 09:15 PM

I was lucky enough to see a couple running at the weekend. Looked really good and TQ'd the day.

Now I just need to get a look under the shell.....

I think if you have an x-6 or squared then the conversion will use the same front and rear.

This may sway me away from a yoko 2wd :)

GML 07-02-2013 10:13 PM

I DREAMED IT... YOU DID IT

Slim chassis and maybe a new gearbox in order to use B4.1 diff ??? (...and gear diff)