oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   cat 2000 ec project (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192713)

oldenoughtoknowbetter 21-09-2017 07:00 PM

cat 2000 ec project

Im looking for some advice regarding my cat 2000 ec. Recently picked up a rolling chassis very cheap and looking to use a lipo set up in it. Has anyone got any experience of using lipos in an ec? will it take a shorty or a saddle pack?
I also need to find out what lipo tray it will need.
The buggy is going be used as a runner so any advice regarding essential upgrades would be appreciated.
At present it only has plastic shocks. Is this normal for an ec or have rhese been replaced?
It also appears to be running blade drive shafts and not rollers
Love the look of the ec cant wait run it

Danf1275 21-09-2017 07:46 PM

I run saddle packs in mine, uses some AE carbon locators and KF straps and posts, if I remember correctly - very tight for space though. Should have dark greeny grey anodised pro shocks on it.

oldenoughtoknowbetter 21-09-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danf1275 (Post 978621)
I run saddle packs in mine, uses some AE carbon locators and KF straps and posts, if I remember correctly - very tight for space though. Should have dark greeny grey anodised pro shocks on it.

yeh i thought they might have been cheaper plastic shocks that were put on. ill replace them at some point. yeh it does look tight for space, going use top deck for spektrum rx so that should save a bit of space. have you got a code for the ae locators or kf straps? thanks

Kev B 21-09-2017 08:10 PM

Just use b44.2 trays and carbon bars. Fits standard holes fine

oldenoughtoknowbetter 21-09-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev B (Post 978624)

great stuff thanks for that

fidspeed 21-09-2017 08:52 PM

I made my own
used some 3mm hex standoffs (easily found on ebay ) and sst /cat 3000 straps easy to make your own too

regards dave

isobarik 22-09-2017 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter (Post 978620)
Im looking for some advice regarding my cat 2000 ec. Recently picked up a rolling chassis very cheap and looking to use a lipo set up in it. Has anyone got any experience of using lipos in an ec? will it take a shorty or a saddle pack?
I also need to find out what lipo tray it will need.
The buggy is going be used as a runner so any advice regarding essential upgrades would be appreciated.
At present it only has plastic shocks. Is this normal for an ec or have rhese been replaced?
It also appears to be running blade drive shafts and not rollers
Love the look of the ec cant wait run it

ec rollers driveshafts should have the plastic shocks

ecs the special with blades should have the greygreen anodized ones....

mvh isobarik

oldenoughtoknowbetter 22-09-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobarik (Post 978637)
ec rollers driveshafts should have the plastic shocks

ecs the special with blades should have the greygreen anodized ones....

mvh isobarik

looks like mine might be a bit of a mix then

oldenoughtoknowbetter 30-09-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev B (Post 978624)

Tried the b44.2 trays. holes are no where near close to fitting

Stuntmonk1 30-09-2017 07:25 PM

The b44.2 trays do fit, however you do have to squeeze them a bit to make them fit.

Cheers Mitch

oldenoughtoknowbetter 30-09-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuntmonk1 (Post 979025)
The b44.2 trays do fit, however you do have to squeeze them a bit to make them fit.

Cheers Mitch

Oh I see. I thought they had to line up straight and not squeezed in. Thanks

MattW 30-09-2017 09:44 PM

I wonder if you might have an SE, as that had plastic shocks and blade driveshafts.

I did like Dave did, make up some bits to fit them, I used saddle pack lipo's.

oldenoughtoknowbetter 05-11-2017 05:53 PM

ec

finally got around to sorting out lipo trays and thanks to the folks who posted advice its looking good.
Ive noticed a major problem with the buggy though. with no electrics in it rolls nice and smooth as it should but when i put my motor in the car judders and struggles to move. i tried the esc and motor in another car so no problem with the electrics. The mesh wasnt tight but I have no idea whats going on. It struggles to move forward at all. Any ideas?

Kev B 05-11-2017 06:54 PM

Have to watch the type of motor screws used and pinion as all close to the rear belt. Sounds like if you used cap screws it was jamming up

oldenoughtoknowbetter 05-11-2017 07:16 PM

ec

yeh i thought it was the motor screws at first but i used small round headed screws making sure they dont catch the rear belt. the belt tensions arent too tight. not got a clue whats going on

stew_zs 05-11-2017 07:54 PM

Are you using brushless ??? Some motors are notchy don't feel smooth. Just the way they are

oldenoughtoknowbetter 05-11-2017 08:21 PM

ec

yeh its a brushless. put same motor in different car with no issues at all though. even with throttle fully open it was just not moving

Kev B 05-11-2017 09:28 PM

Screws too long and locking the armature? With the motor in and gear on does it roll? Can you spin the drive chain?

oldenoughtoknowbetter 06-11-2017 08:01 PM

ec

screws arent too long its the same im using when swapping the motor with another buggy. when trying to turn the wheels by hand it feels stiff but when applying throttle the buggy hardly moves. theres a clicking noise when i roll the buggy with no motor in

fidspeed 07-11-2017 07:32 AM

Take motor out again see if drivetrain rotes freely as suggested by Kev B if you can move spur gear round easily and wheels spin it has to be linked to motor

dave