oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Invernational 17 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187778)

Stu 18-02-2017 06:07 PM

Invernational 17

With summer fast approaching we look forward to the eigth running of our ever popular Invernational event.
We listened to your feedback after last years event, subtle changes have been made both on and off track for Invernational 17.
As always the meeting will be at our spiritual home of RHR, lots of racing, fun for the kids (and the big ones) and live music on Saturday.

As requested Saturday nights party will end sooner and the on track action is slightly different.

Watch this space for more details coming soon...........

Stu 18-02-2017 06:07 PM

NeilRalph77 18-02-2017 07:28 PM

Awesome!!!!

bigt 18-02-2017 08:28 PM

just don't mention the D word

DAVO 18-02-2017 08:43 PM

Awesome

neallewis 18-02-2017 09:45 PM

format looks great. dirt track, or is that a dirty word?

DAVO 18-02-2017 11:07 PM

Dirt track would be class..
Gutted it's on when the 1/8th Euros are on though was hoping to watch some pro drivers slogging it out against each other on the dirt at RHR the Euros there was the best event ever and can imagine the head ache in trying to get a date between a busy race calendar though.
Mega looking forward to the annual RC festival and the new added format sounds really good

Stu 19-02-2017 10:12 AM

In response to a few questions I've been asked about the Endurance event.
Provisional rules so people can start thinking/planning.
  • 3hrs, Saturday late afternoon and early evening
  • 12 teams, all pre-booked
  • £20 per team, fee payable up front by nominated team 'captain'
  • Unlimited numbers in each team, member selection by team 'captain'
  • 1 marshal point per team, must be continually manned (or ladied), normal marshal etiquette
  • All team members must be BRCA members - we will check
  • Astro track
  • 2WD cars only (Retro/Vintage/Unusual models encouraged)

mark christopher 20-02-2017 10:35 AM

Do we know if the main event is confirmed dirt or astro?

arceye 20-02-2017 10:36 AM

A further question on the endurance race. Is it 1 car per team for the duration or each team member runs their own car when it's their turn?

WHITTLER555 20-02-2017 10:38 PM

Hi, one car per team, no final decision as yet on Astro or Dirt.

neallewis 21-02-2017 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITTLER555 (Post 967781)
Hi, one car per team, no final decision as yet on Astro or Dirt.

invernational on dirt, endurance, and other races on astro? :thumbsup:

I know lots would love to race on the dirt.

mark christopher 21-02-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 967786)

But how many are/will be willing to turn up and do lots of hard work and effort to prep the dirt track, which hasn't been touched sincecthe euros.

It's OK speaking out saying lots want it, there needs to be a big team of numbers to prepare it, (asked the rhr crew and that's thier feed back )

mark christopher 21-02-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neallewis (Post 967786)

But how many are/will be willing to turn up and do lots of hard work and effort to prep the dirt track the weeks/weekends pre the event?, which hasn't been touched sincecthe euros.

It's OK speaking out saying lots want it, there needs to be a big team of numbers to prepare it, (asked the rhr crew and that's thier feed back )

bigt 21-02-2017 11:10 AM

best track in the country and can't be arsed wow
the 13 &14 oople's were the best meets I've ever attended
and if that very fine venue was on my doorstep I'd drag my broken body down there every chance i could to keep that dirt

Allan1875 21-02-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigt (Post 967799)
and if that very fine venue was on my doorstep I'd drag my broken body down there every chance i could to keep that dirt

+1, would be their in a heartbeat to prep if I didn't live over 4 hours away.

mark christopher 21-02-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Can't be arsed?

bigt 21-02-2017 02:46 PM

"not touched since the euros "

James 21-02-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Excuse me, that's a rather flippant comment, saying 'can't' be arsed' is a complete load of tripe.

Running on the dirt means a good number of our team taking a week off work to prep the dirt track all week for the oOple. The event is 6 months away yet and as Damo said, it is unconfirmed due to the practicalities as we simply don't know if we have enough people for the week to set it up. It takes 7 people just to take the covers off, daily for a week prior as an example. Obviously when the entry form is out the surface will be confirmed. The venue not being touched since the euros is rubbish, we're down at the track every week doing something or other, not least erecting the enormous new arena building.

WHITTLER555 21-02-2017 03:54 PM

Hi, it would be great to run on the dirt but we have massive logistic issues for James. It's right in the middle of his harvest season, he relies on a team of people that whilst have the best intentions, also now have their own lives to lead. We also have a big issue with the weather, which can mean we lose the whole meeting and we now have a further safety concern in that whilst everyone is racing on the dirt, the Astro track is left unattended and people use it for practice which is fair enough but we also find that kiddies like to run around it as well and we are one step away from a big accident. No final decision has been made yet but I would be voting for Astro purely from an organisation point of view.