oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   East of England (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   southend (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98495)

wrighty 13-04-2012 08:40 AM

southend

Heard a whisper that they have pulled out of the regional series is this true ????

jcb 13-04-2012 11:35 AM

Can't say I heard anything. Guess we'll just have to wait for the Tom to post up the facts as and when he knows what is going on.

Juttie 13-04-2012 12:08 PM

Im sure tom will explain all soon

racingdwarf 13-04-2012 08:47 PM

1st I heard, I wonder were the meeting would be held if they have...

Dandare 13-04-2012 09:49 PM

Boughton ? Could just be a rumour...

Benh 13-04-2012 11:45 PM

Apparently there is civil unrest in Southend, apparently the sunny weather doesn't agree with the little shites. For that reason alone I hear it's off to Bahrain. Again just rumours though?

Dufty07 14-04-2012 07:24 PM

civil unrest?

Wouldn't happen in Norfolk, We would just use cattle prods on em!!!:woot:

TEMsport 16-04-2012 09:45 AM

Sadly Southend couldn't handle the pressure and have pulled out!?!?
The good news the awesome team at Boughton stepped up and will be holding the round.:thumbsup:
Same date and time, just drive away from the Tracksuits and towards the Tractors!!:lol:

SimonW 16-04-2012 01:33 PM

Great news......sorry Southend.

jcb 16-04-2012 04:46 PM

Lets hope the weather is better!!

colin76 16-04-2012 05:10 PM

Let's all hope the weather will be better in June. We were working on the track yesterday as a few people had commented that maybe just a couple more features for the track, so we were thinking of a water splash, rising bollards and a wall of flame to get those lipo's nice and warm!!!! No seriously though we are working on a couple more features just to give a driver something else to challenge them. We hope you all like them.

wrighty 16-04-2012 05:15 PM

It is a shame that soutend pulled out as its nice to have diffrent tracks and surfaces howeveri will be looking forward to going back to boughton.

Benh 16-04-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin76 (Post 644736)
Let's all hope the weather will be better in June. We were working on the track yesterday as a few people had commented that maybe just a couple more features for the track, so we were thinking of a water splash, rising bollards and a wall of flame to get those lipo's nice and warm!!!! No seriously though we are working on a couple more features just to give a driver something else to challenge them. We hope you all like them.

I can't wait for the perspex loop-to-loop I have been hearing so much about. :thumbsup:

Juttie 16-04-2012 08:02 PM

Dont give all our secrets away ben!

Dufty07 17-04-2012 12:11 AM

problem solved

Just link into the 1/8th track and have a multi surface 360deg. MASSIVE track.:woot:

A.R.C Raceway 18-04-2012 04:16 PM

Its a real shame that Southend has pulled out as series needed extra venue to give regional spread. Goes to show what can happen when commitees come before racers needs. Look forward to going back to Broughton.:thumbsup:

jimbobr5turbo 18-04-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.R.C Raceway (Post 645594)
Its a real shame that Southend has pulled out as series needed extra venue to give regional spread. Goes to show what can happen when commitees come before racers needs. Look forward to going back to Broughton.:thumbsup:

True, same thing with MERCC, could've gone there too:confused:
Politics wins again

richard clarke 08-05-2012 10:52 PM

The idea of holding an EofE was great but the lack of support shown to Southend, added to the limited number of racers at the outdoor venue who where prepared to get involved killed it.

Southends commitee took the only real option available to them. I wanted it to happen, trust me but, but 1 or 2 alone can't put a meeting like this on.

The racers needs are always put first A.R.C Raceway! :mad: hense the reason this decission was made well in advance of the event.

TEMsport- i'm sure we can handle the pressure of putting on an East of England regional event. Southend has held National, European and World Championships in its history.

We made repeated requests for someone involved in this section to come down and offer advise since being asked if we where interested but no one came. Maybe with more support it would have worked?

Checa 09-05-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard clarke (Post 652988)
The idea of holding an EofE was great but the lack of support shown to Southend, added to the limited number of racers at the outdoor venue who where prepared to get involved killed it.

Southends commitee took the only real option available to them. I wanted it to happen, trust me but, but 1 or 2 alone can't put a meeting like this on.

The racers needs are always put first A.R.C Raceway! :mad: hense the reason this decission was made well in advance of the event.

TEMsport- i'm sure we can handle the pressure of putting on an East of England regional event. Southend has held National, European and World Championships in its history.

We made repeated requests for someone involved in this section to come down and offer advise since being asked if we where interested but no one came. Maybe with more support it would have worked?

I'm confused you can do this
"Southend has held National, European and World Championships in its history"

So why do you need this
"We made repeated requests for someone involved in this section to come down and offer advise"

:confused:

Whats needed is a location, track, rostrum and timing equipment :woot:

A.R.C Raceway 09-05-2012 09:22 PM

Confused.com:confused::confused:

Best build a worthy track for Euro or Worlds event then??
Its what the region needs.
We, at ARC, are aiming to build a high class venue for the racer.
Give them the location and they will come.
Our current regional F1 and 2 drivers have left to drive in other regions......that speaks loud volumes.
Previous success does not guarantee future success.