oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   is this possible? ( Fireblade running Losi fronts) (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12406)

stulec52 16-07-2008 01:18 AM

is this possible? ( Fireblade running Losi fronts)

Hi all,

I have a ton of Losi front wheels and would love to make use of them on my Fireblade Evo.

Is it possible?
has it been done?
is it worthwhile even?

any help greatly appreciated as I am going to be running Schumacher 2 and 4wd in our upcoming winter season, just to be different !
But I want to try to be competitive if possible.

Cruise 16-07-2008 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a conversion of my Fireblade using the complete front of Losi.
The benefit would be better steering but you will have to Dremel some parts.

If you are interested I will post the how to.

Cruise

Lonestar 16-07-2008 03:44 PM

Hi Stu - good to see you around here too - good luck running the FBE! :thumbsup:

Paul

stulec52 17-07-2008 05:02 AM

Paul,
thanks, and it's all your fault !:)
I actually think that one will be a non running shelf queen, but I got enough parts now to build 2 more, so was thinking of 1 standard and go crazy on the other 1 !

and Cruise, many thanks for the pic.
At least I know it can be done, but it looks like a lot of things had to be changed.
I have no fear of the dremel, but I don't want to go too crazy in case I break something at the track and can't replace it due to being so non standard.

and yes please, post the how to !!
or pm/e-mail it to me.

Cruise 17-07-2008 08:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Actually It's not that bad.
First you need the whole assembly of Losi arms hubs ....
The you take the bulkhead and remove at the arm mount about 1,5mm from the front till its flush with the rest of the material.
The rest of the fitting is done from the rear end you will now need to remove almost the entire thicker rear part of the arm mount.
Now fit the bumper and then dremel the front of the bulkhead so the arms have their needed play.
Pins are a direct fit and forget about the E -clips at the rear as you will keep them loosing anyway.
Now you need the steering arms.
You will need to have the two holes in the front version but the outer hole upside down.
So take the arm, place a c/f plate on top dremel the outer shape ,drill the hole through and then remove the outer plastic part so you can mount the ballstud directly into the c/f part.
You will now need a slightly longer center track rod an a pair of lost shockbottoms and your'e done.:thumbsup:

sparrow.2 17-07-2008 09:20 AM

Cruise is renowned in Germany for having the fastest Dremel/Proxxon in the whole of RC.

Going joke was that the sponsors send him a block of delrin, some carbon fibre sheet and a picture of the car instead of a kit :woot:

@ Cruise: Are you going to the Petit RC indoor race this year?

Cruise 17-07-2008 09:34 AM

Very likely no as it's almost a 900km ride for me.

Cruise aka "The Proxxonator"

I had to actually undremel my SX at the euros

Lee 17-07-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise (Post 142701)

You are truly gifted :lol::thumbsup:

sparrow.2 17-07-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise (Post 142701)

WTF???

We were looking through pictures of races from the last 10 years or so and there is not one picture of you where there isn't a Proxxon somewhere in the picture. Legend!

You only have short hair now because it got caught in the cutting wheel :woot:

stulec52 20-07-2008 05:44 AM

It still looks like a lot of work at the track if something on there breaks.

SO, I am going to go the B4 front route intead, should be easier and I have almost as many wheels for that car.