oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   COUGAR SV Setup thread (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44109)

mikeyscott 03-05-2010 09:28 PM

Any of the team using Ghea pistons?

Cockerill 03-05-2010 09:34 PM

Not sure there's any even in the country yet!!

I'm sure they will be tested at some point, but at the minute the team are all achieving good results using the standard pistons :thumbsup:

mw02veg 04-05-2010 03:45 PM

im currently using trish bits 5 hole rounded pistons to good affect :thumbsup:

mikeyscott 04-05-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mw02veg (Post 373643)
im currently using trish bits 5 hole rounded pistons to good affect :thumbsup:

What's different with the trishbits pistons and is he going to be doing them for Jo public ;)

dbizzle5 06-05-2010 07:07 PM

Hinckley

Did Simon or anyone else run there cougars at Hinkley the other week? If so how did you find it and what setup did you end up with?

fastinfastout 07-05-2010 07:41 AM

Springs

what springs come with the kit?

also, I noticed there are med and long springs. I initially thought the long ones were for the rear, however looking at the manual it can be used for both front and rears.

whats the consensus for the spring lengths? Are longer springs for bumpy surfaces, med for big jumps. Am I correct in saying longer springs are softer and shorter springs are harder?

lochness42 07-05-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastinfastout (Post 374551)
what springs come with the kit?

also, I noticed there are med and long springs. I initially thought the long ones were for the rear, however looking at the manual it can be used for both front and rears.

whats the consensus for the spring lengths? Are longer springs for bumpy surfaces, med for big jumps. Am I correct in saying longer springs are softer and shorter springs are harder?

Long for rear and med for front - I belive that diagram was meant for both shocks. In kit there are 2.5lb spring for rear and 3.5lb spring for front.

fastinfastout 07-05-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lochness42 (Post 374559)
Long for rear and med for front - I belive that diagram was meant for both shocks. In kit there are 2.5lb spring for rear and 3.5lb spring for front.

thanks for your quick reply.

now to find a place in the UK that will ship for a decent price to Australia. I had 2 springs and 2 undertrays in my checkout at schumacher-racing, and they quoted 33pounds for shipping alone:o

unfortunately they didnt have the parts I wanted when I placed the order the the SV.

Does anyone know of some places that will ship parts overseas, for a decent price?

lochness42 07-05-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastinfastout (Post 374610)

now to find a place in the UK that will ship for a decent price to Australia. I had 2 springs and 2 undertrays in my checkout at schumacher-racing, and they quoted 33pounds for shipping alone:o

unfortunately they didnt have the parts I wanted when I placed the order the the SV.

Does anyone know of some places that will ship parts overseas, for a decent price?

They are posting by UPS by default - hence the high postage. If you'll post your order by email and ask for Royal Mail, it'll be cheaper but also delivery will take longer (nothing could beat 2-3 days delivery from UK to Slovakia so far by UPS).

Q_man 08-05-2010 12:51 PM

Link Mounts

Hi,
Just wondering what the kit link mounts were?
Thanks
Wayne

Swiss 10-05-2010 09:56 AM

I used the Trishbits pistons and brass weights at the weekend. And what an awesome additon to the car. I would highly recomend anyone buying them. Nice guy too, always willing to help with questions etc :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 373644)
What's different with the trishbits pistons and is he going to be doing them for Jo public ;)

mikeyscott 10-05-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiss (Post 375426)
I used the Trishbits pistons and brass weights at the weekend. And what an awesome additon to the car. I would highly recomend anyone buying them. Nice guy too, always willing to help with questions etc :)

Pics and any more details ;)

mikeyscott 11-05-2010 07:02 PM

Any RHR setups?

ian h 11-05-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 376096)
Any RHR setups?

+1 here please, need to make sure I have all the right gear for the oople race.

P_B 11-05-2010 07:44 PM

One thing is for sure, your man 'GOD' was running some freaky naughty short front camber link plates with an armful of washers at RHR. (Mossy had his multi-hole option ones on)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/IMGP0813.jpg

Some team drivers also ran the plastic spacer above the rear camber link plate to help lower the ballstud.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/IMGP0675.jpg

Cockerill 11-05-2010 08:24 PM

I'll get my setup posted as soon as my laptop stops playing up, hopefully tonight :thumbsup:

Cockerill 11-05-2010 09:31 PM

I tried uploading but it's too big for the forum, should be on the Schumacher site tomorrow though :thumbsup:

The front link was something we have been testing to help lose some of the steering the car seems to have. I found it worked well at RHR, Si thought the 45mm link was better though. When we were testing today we both settled on the 45mm front link.

The plastic spacer at the rear doesn't necessarily have to go under the link plate, it can be used as a tuning option. I personally always run with the plate as low as possible, and normally 1mm of spacing on the ballstud too.

Any more questions feel free to ask

ian h 11-05-2010 10:19 PM

Do all the washers up front give an in between feel, or is there any other reason for shortening the link and then in effect lengthening it again with the washers?

scottg 12-05-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastinfastout (Post 374610)

fastinfastout, hit up actionrc.com.au. we have schumacher parts coming into australia every week, including cougar gear. we have one kit left in stock at the moment.

nottmboy 12-05-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

When we were testing today we both settled on the 45mm front link.
tom what surface was this on?