oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   B6 diff outdrives (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191984)

david85williams 13-08-2017 02:27 PM

B6 diff outdrives

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there are any harder wearing outdrives available? Mine are showing quite a bit of wear already after 2 meetings....

xfactor 13-08-2017 03:03 PM

Hi David,

The only other outdrives I know of for the B6, are the MIP pucks or MIP roller pucks.

Expensive, but do work.

Other than that I don't know of any....

Hope that helps........:thumbsup:

david85williams 13-08-2017 03:38 PM

Ok great, thanks for the quick reply. I will look into the MIP options.

stuey 13-08-2017 07:22 PM

My new gear diff outdrives are showing wear after a couple meetings, where as my ball diff ones are unmarked. It has not been slipping and is still smooth. My schumacher 4wd diff outdrives are also showing hardly any wear after a lot of use. Material used not very good??

david85williams 14-08-2017 06:23 AM

On Schumacher cars I have and had the outdrives pretty much last forever.

PaulRotheram 14-08-2017 07:56 AM

Check your driveshaft pins - if they're worn itl wear the outdrives faster.

david85williams 14-08-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRotheram (Post 977061)
Check your driveshaft pins - if they're worn itl wear the outdrives faster.

The car is only been run for a couple of meetings.

david85williams 14-08-2017 08:23 AM

Looks like there is a stock issue with replacement outdrives... I cannot find any spare ones.

langers 16-08-2017 12:41 AM

Had the same problem was told that they were changing them as this was happening in January when I sent photos to my local shop after 3 meeting mine were worn to a point of effecting drive.
still not yet available from associated

langers 16-08-2017 12:44 AM

Also watch the drive shafts as they can catch on the rear inner link mount if you have the 2 mm gearbox shim fitted because the gear diff out drives flex slightly causing them to hit it remove the mount and you will see some of the blue worn at point of contact

david85williams 16-08-2017 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by langers (Post 977143)
Had the same problem was told that they were changing them as this was happening in January when I sent photos to my local shop after 3 meeting mine were worn to a point of effecting drive.
still not yet available from associated

I thought this might have been an ongoing issue. Just surprised that its taken so long to resolve and in the meantime you cannot purchase replacements.

david85williams 16-08-2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by langers (Post 977144)
Also watch the drive shafts as they can catch on the rear inner link mount if you have the 2 mm gearbox shim fitted because the gear diff out drives flex slightly causing them to hit it remove the mount and you will see some of the blue worn at point of contact

Ok thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye on this if and when I use a gearbox shim

J77MYF 17-08-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by langers (Post 977144)

I had exactly the same thing with mine. I took them back out and I can't tell a difference when driving it.

Gupz 17-08-2017 12:12 PM

If you get the MIP outdrives, you'll need the pucks, rollers and drive shafts.

You can get the original AE ones 91465 on amazon, but they will come from Germany.

Schelle do a set as well, but I haven't seen availability on those.

There are options out there and I would imagine with the amount of people owning a B6, that this is going to be the case for a bit.

If the original ones are wearing at a high rate, I would imagine AE are working on a harder version. Don't expect that to be a fast turn around. they have always taken their time to release these things...and that's if they are even considering upgrading them.

I bought a few sets when I got the car originally. then moved onto the MIP system.
I'm not sure I would want to go back to the original ones now.

david85williams 17-08-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gupz (Post 977219)

You can get the original AE ones 91465 on amazon, but they will come from Germany.

There are options out there and I would imagine with the amount of people owning a B6, that this is going to be the case for a bit.

If the original ones are wearing at a high rate, I would imagine AE are working on a harder version. Don't expect that to be a fast turn around. they have always taken their time to release these things...and that's if they are even considering upgrading them.

I bought a few sets when I got the car originally. then moved onto the MIP system.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me if the MIP shafts will work with a AE gear diff? All kits I've seen are for ball diffs.

david85williams 17-08-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gupz (Post 977219)

Actually I've just found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIP16040-M...MAAOSwHMJYCoIK

Do I need the rest of the drive shaft?

Aire valley 18-08-2017 03:02 PM

Just ordered the MIP16040 from RC Hobbies 4life in the USA , I have bought from there before...seem a big reputable company.. for £33.76 including postage. The cheapest I could find and,as I said, a good company. This "puck" system is cheaper than I found for the B5m..!
David, you get everything you need for the conversion in the pack..

david85williams 18-08-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aire valley (Post 977281)
Just ordered the MIP16040 from RC Hobbies 4life in the USA , I have bought from there before...seem a big reputable company.. for £33.76 including postage. The cheapest I could find and,as I said, a good company. This "puck" system is cheaper than I found for the B5m..!

Ok great, thanks for the help. I've ordered a set. :thumbsup:

daz75 19-08-2017 10:07 AM

Has anyone spoken to ae about their rubbish outdrives?

Aire valley 24-08-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aire valley (Post 977281)

And they arrived today..! :thumbsup: how's that for service..!