oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ansmann racing Division to close (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115007)

gainsy 15-11-2012 11:10 AM

Ansmann racing Division to close

Sad sad news
We have today had confirmation from Ansmann's business manager that their racing division is to close over the next few months, here is a copy of the letter we have received, thanks to Mark Christopher for the original heads up on this matter

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/...annletter1.jpg

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/...mannletter.jpg

Would like to wish all at Ansmann all the best for the future from everyone at oople
All the best
The oople team

mark christopher 15-11-2012 02:24 PM

Gainsy

Many thanks for tidying the other thread and reposting this.

Mark

Origineelreclamebord 15-11-2012 02:57 PM

I hope this doesn't mean Team C is also stopping their lineup. If they are, it's a shame, if not, it's kind of understandable as it's probably not really profitable to have two brands compete each other with exactly the same (competition) cars.

mark christopher 15-11-2012 04:18 PM

This effects TeamC in no way what so ever, TeamC are the manufacture who are now selling thier own product, Ansman rebadged TeamC products to sell

mattr 15-11-2012 06:40 PM

So it should really say:-
"Ansmann will no longer be distributing TeamC kits in shiny boxes"

Just hope TeamC can get a big enough distribution network up and running. Reducing volumes in the various factories by how ever many percent Ansmann take will be quite painful!

mark christopher 15-11-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattr (Post 713743)

Just hope TeamC can get a big enough distribution network up and running. Reducing volumes in the various factories by how ever many percent Ansmann take will be quite painful!

are you actually in sweden?

from what i have seen they have a big europen distribution network currently running. SMD are doing a good job in the UK

adon30 15-11-2012 07:03 PM

Team C is distributed through SMD in the UK and Absima are the European distributor.
http://www.absima.com/index.php?id=7&L=1

Sorry to hear about ansmann racing i hope all the employees can continue within ansmann in some capacity as it sounds like their other businesses are flourishing.

mattr 15-11-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 713748)
are you actually in sweden?

Last time i looked, yeah. All the trees and IKEA furniture gives it away ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 713748)
from what i have seen they have a big europen distribution network currently running. SMD are doing a good job in the UK

I don't particularly follow the Ansmann/TeamC brands, so not 100% on how big the respective importers/distributors are beyond the fact that, to date, i see Ansmann everywhere, and TeamC relatively nowhere.......... concern is if the factories suddenly see 50% (?) of the volume going, when the ansmann boxes stop going out the door, can teamC take up the slack quickly enough to prevent any knock on effects.

Tho i am pretty sure TeamC have known for months, so have plans in place.

Mad-Wolfie 15-11-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Just hope TeamC can get a big enough distribution network up and running.

Just want to stick my oar in here & say despite the fact SMD are doing a good job, in my experience they have nowhere near the dealer network Ansmann has. Locally i can name half a dozen shops who deal with Ansmann, but SMD seem to have none in the same area - certainly the local shops i deal with do not have access to Team C products.

As i've also said before, is there any reason why Ansmann & Team C couldn't exist in the same market?? LRP & Nosram seem to be doing OK selling the same products with different boxes, logo's & coloured anodising.

Origineelreclamebord 15-11-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

It might be, but if Ansmann (and Team C) do things properly the distribution channels for spare parts will be kept up by getting Ansmann distributors in touch with Team C - it could also make the impact of Ansmann's leave ess serious for Team C.

By the way, I do see some extremely cheap Ansmanns coming up for sale in the future... 45GBP RTR Mad Rats and 65GBP X2's? :p

mark christopher 15-11-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie (Post 713768)
Just want to stick my oar in here & say despite the fact SMD are doing a good job, in my experience they have nowhere near the dealer network Ansmann has. Locally i can name half a dozen shops who deal with Ansmann, but SMD seem to have none in the same area - certainly the local shops i deal with do not have access to Team C products.

As i've also said before, is there any reason why Ansmann & Team C couldn't exist in the same market?? LRP & Nosram seem to be doing OK selling the same products with different boxes, logo's & coloured anodising.

Im sure all those shops need to do is contact SMD for a trade account, then job sorted!

adey 15-11-2012 09:23 PM

Just want to say that I hope none of the ansmann staff lose their jobs, and if so, i hope they find new jobs quickly. Xmas is very close now and for a lot of people money is a real issue. Being unemployed with families to look after isnt easy at any time, let alone xmas. Best of luck guys.

marcel 15-11-2012 10:48 PM

All shops in europe that sold the ansmann buggys and want to continu.
Just contackt absima.de they can help you.
Absima have more great stuff as wheels/tyres . Radios/servos boddy acc and way more stuff:) just take a look.:)
TeamC is indeed the official factory made stuf for ansmann. TeamC makes alot still but.in there own name distributed by absima.de
So no big changes for ansmann fans only name .only for the shops they need to exchange contackts with absima.de.
Im no absima emploiee . just a absima team driver so for exackt info just.contackt absima.
:)

mark christopher 16-11-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel (Post 713861)
All shops in europe that sold the ansmann buggys and want to continu.
Just contackt absima.de they can help you.
Absima have more great stuff as wheels/tyres . Radios/servos boddy acc and way more stuff:) just take a look.:)
TeamC is indeed the official factory made stuf for ansmann. TeamC makes alot still but.in there own name distributed by absima.de
So no big changes for ansmann fans only name .only for the shops they need to exchange contackts with absima.de.
Im no absima emploiee . just a absima team driver so for exackt info just.contackt absima.
:)

Or in the UK as i have stated SMD who are the UK distributors

coleman758 16-11-2012 11:32 AM

From what I can see, Ansman have dropped the racing line because Team C are already selling it.

marcel 16-11-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 713893)
Or in the UK as i have stated SMD who are the UK distributors

Oke.sorry .smd is also a distributor :) tought a a shop. My mistake:)

JBL 19-11-2012 01:43 PM

Very sorry to hear the news, I found the service from the team at Ansmann UK very good, when I was a team driver.

Its not good news when you here people loosing there jobs, so close to Christmas.

gainsy 05-12-2012 02:00 PM

Ansmann Racing Update

Have today received the following letter from Ansmann, looks like there may be some light at the end of the tunnel

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...cember2012.png

metalmickey0 05-12-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gainsy (Post 719266)
Have today received the following letter from Ansmann, looks like there may be some light at the end of the tunnel

I`m liking this news as being unemployed at mo Ansmann stuff is good quality for being so cheap. Which i`m impressed with and as now got 2 of the cars i`m very glad. They deffo give other stuff a run for its money and even thought some people take the mick i like their stuff a lot and have beaten a few with it. Much to thier surprise:D