oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Show Your Short Course...... (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159100)

whites75 30-10-2014 05:38 PM

Show Your Short Course......

C'mon then lets see em - get pics up of your sct and let us know what your racing plans are over the winter months or next summer :thumbsup:

Here's mine - with it's brand new shell on that I will use once I get to grips with my truck a bit more and get more experience, don't wanna pay £70 for the shell only to shred it

Team C TM2SC
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps8446d78c.jpg

My plan is to get racing in where I can over the winter/spring and hope to try the nationals for experience next summer all being well.

Just made a 1st time membership at YORCC and raced in the SCT Club Championship Round 1 last weekend which was sweet, roll on round 2 :)

Hopefully there will be some other SC races over winter not too far away to get more experience in on the path to becoming a better driver so I can take my 'L' plates off for good ;)

I am already looking at getting a 4WD too, front runner at the moment is the Tekno :)

Sean Doc 30-10-2014 06:25 PM

heres my desc210
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps7cde330d.jpg
fairly new to racing, but currently doing club nights at a1 racing club, also running in the iceman series at a1 racing club, the first round was last sunday and finished 3rd overall in the 2wd short course class

whites75 30-10-2014 06:32 PM

looks sweet pal :) sounds like your a pretty decent driver already with that result, nice one :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Doc (Post 883635)
heres my desc210
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps7cde330d.jpg
fairly new to racing, but currently doing club nights at a1 racing club, also running in the iceman series at a1 racing club, the first round was last sunday and finished 3rd overall in the 2wd short course class

Sean Doc 30-10-2014 06:39 PM

yeah my driving has come on well, the club nights help, when your up against faster and more experienced drivers you quickly learn to pick the pace up and to be consitant so as not to be left at the back of the pack :)

whites75 30-10-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Doc (Post 883644)
yeah my driving has come on well, the club nights help, when your up against faster and more experienced drivers you quickly learn to pick the pace up and to be consitant so as not to be left at the back of the pack :)

I am just looking round to see of more racing opportunities that would be possible to get to, as at present its just yorcc once a month in their club championship rounds. For me just now I just need to drive better on the slippy sections indoors at yorcc, just couldn't get to grips with it in round 1literally, felt like driving on ice lol and couldn't keep the car moving forwards consistently on the slippy s bends without slipping sideways....and I wasn't pressing the gas hard either, I think I'm more a steady driver than an aggressive one :)

A.R.C Raceway 30-10-2014 07:06 PM

Team C 2wd and 4wd from 2014 season

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kabar0a7o5...8078.jpeg?dl=0

Sean Doc 30-10-2014 07:09 PM

it will all fall into place over time, i focused on being consistant at first, once i managed that my times just fell without really pushing, im at the stage now i can go and do 3 rounds of qualifying and run near identical average lap times in each round, now im just starting to push a little harder to try and get my avg times closer to my fastest lap, but like i said club nights help a lot, when theres a faster car in front you can pick up where there carrying more speed, or braking later ect, also dont be afraid to ask for advice or tips,
if you dont mind travelling get yourself booked into the iceman series at a1 racing club, its a 40 mile drive for me but its a cracking club and a great day out

whites75 30-10-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.R.C Raceway (Post 883650)

nice paint jobs there - you do them yourself or someone do them for you :)

whites75 30-10-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Doc (Post 883652)
it will all fall into place over time, i focused on being consistant at first, once i managed that my times just fell without really pushing, im at the stage now i can go and do 3 rounds of qualifying and run near identical average lap times in each round, now im just starting to push a little harder to try and get my avg times closer to my fastest lap, but like i said club nights help a lot, when theres a faster car in front you can pick up where there carrying more speed, or braking later ect, also dont be afraid to ask for advice or tips,
if you dont mind travelling get yourself booked into the iceman series at a1 racing club, its a 40 mile drive for me but its a cracking club and a great day out

shizzle I forgot totally about the iceman series, dammit :cry: will check it out now see what the crack is.....is there a fair few trucks racing?

ps - forgot to ask, have I seen that shell before? where did you get it pal?

Sean Doc 30-10-2014 07:51 PM

last round we started with 8 trucks i think, but down to 6 in the finals, also a 4x4 class too which was fun to watch,
shell i have just had painted, by extreme-fx

whites75 30-10-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Doc (Post 883664)
last round we started with 8 trucks i think, but down to 6 in the finals, also a 4x4 class too which was fun to watch,

ok pal cool - just been looking and its about 1hr 50mins away from me, so that's cool and should be a straight run on an early sunday morning :) so if I can get the wife to let me play I'm in lol :)

nice shell :)

Checa 30-10-2014 08:27 PM

All looking good guys :thumbsup: look forward to racing you at the Nats next year :thumbsup:

whites75 30-10-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checa (Post 883673)
All looking good guys :thumbsup: look forward to racing you at the Nats next year :thumbsup:

look forward to trying to keep up with you boys :)

whites75 30-10-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Doc (Post 883664)

what tyres were being used for the iceman series do you know? I have mini spikes and kourse kings for outdoors in case I need to buy some others?

Sean Doc 30-10-2014 10:36 PM

i started off with koursekings on rear, silver minispikes front as was a little damp, as it dried out i ended up on yellow m/spikes rear with silvers up front still

whites75 31-10-2014 06:11 AM

ok pal cheers :)

whites75 01-11-2014 10:56 AM

gonna get myself booked into the iceman series as soon as I pay for my brca membership - which will hopefully be available to do online sometime today :)

Sean Doc 01-11-2014 05:11 PM

brill, its a great days racing :thumbsup:

whites75 01-11-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Doc (Post 883908)
brill, its a great days racing :thumbsup:

awesome - sounds like you get a fair few races too, if I have worked it out and understood it correctly :)

Sean Doc 01-11-2014 06:30 PM

3 quals and 3 finals in total, so plenty of track time